“OK for short stay”

Red Roof Inn Albany Airport
Ranked #23 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Stayed for one night 8th February en-route from NYC to Vermont, late flight into Albany arrived at 23:00 so literally arrived, slept and left! Staff very courteous and helpful, provided coffee and water, but no other food/drink services available, had to get breakfast from Dunkin Donuts next door, no big deal!
Room OK very noisy fan in bedroom, but other than that very clean and comfy nights sleep!
Would stay again if only sleeping and then moving on, big+ is proximity to Albany airport, even if you have no sense of direction (like me!!) it's very easy to find!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Ken E
Redroofinn112, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Albany Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

Thank you for taking time to write our property a Trip Advisor post! At Red Roof Inn we pride our self on providing our guests with comfortable, clean and affordable rooms with great service.

Thank you again for writing a post about your positive experience at our property! I will be sure to share your words with the staff. We look forward to seeing you in your future travels!

Reviewed January 26, 2014

Spent 1 night here, the room look re-modeled, very clean with a comfortable bed. I like the carpet around the bed with a wood effect floor in the rest of the room, and plenty of electrical sockets, not the same in so many hotel rooms. It would have been nice to have coffee available in the room, having to walk to the main office to get a cup of very weak coffee in -17F is not fun first thing in the morning. If it wasn't for this I would have given them a higher rating.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Malcolm T
Redroofinn112, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Albany Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

It is good to receive the positive feedback. I am always delighted to hear such great things about our hotel and staff. I am glad you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms. Just to let you know we do have coffee pots in our upgraded rooms: Superior King and Deluxe Doubles. I do hope you get a chance to stay with us again when your travel plans bring you to Albany.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

Stayed there recently for one night. Renovated room was a great surprise. Nice staff. They were very accommodating. Awesome rate with AAA. The interstate was close and a little noisy, but I always travel with my "sound machine" so no worries. There is an automatic $1.50 safe fee, but they will remove when you check out if you did not use it. Close to restaurants and a mall shopping. Went to Bonefish Grill restaurant nearby and it was outstanding.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank SweetieDog8
Redroofinn112, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Albany Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

It is good to receive the positive feedback. I am always delighted to hear such great things about our hotel and staff. I am glad you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms and our staff delighted you doing your stay. I do hope you get a chance to stay with us again when your travel plans bring you to Albany.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

We had a late flight in so we decided to find a place to sleep before heading out in the morning. The room was as expected. Nothing fancy. The two beds were decent though the coverlet was needed to be washed. The bathroom was small. The fan turned on once you turned on the light and it was LOUD. Time to update that. It was perfectly located right by the airport on Wolf Road. I'd stay there again if I was looking for a place to lay my head for the night.

Room Tip: Try to get a second floor room. The area can be kind of sketchy at night.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Seattletraveler98108
Redroofinn112, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Albany Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

It is good to receive the positive feedback. I am always delighted to hear such great things about our hotel and staff. I did recently renovate our rooms but did not make changes to the bathroom, I will share your comments about the bath fan. I do hope you get a chance to stay with us again when your travel plans bring you to Albany. Have a Happy New Year.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

Due to a snow storm we decided to spend the night in Albany so that we would have quick trip to the airport the following morning. Was pleasantly surprised to learn about the park and fly program. The price was for the room and parking was a deal, staff were very accommodating, the room was warm and clean, and the shuttle service was quick and easy. We will definitely be returning next time we fly.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Maria E

It is good to receive the positive feedback. I am always delighted to hear such great things about our hotel and staff. I am glad you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms. I do hope you get a chance to stay with us again when your travel plans bring you to Albany. Have a Happy New Year.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

Stayed Christmas night arriving on a midnight flight after 23hrs travelling and was very pleased with being quickly collected from the adjacent airport by the shuttle and quickly booked in on arrival.
The room was warm and the bed both welcoming and very comfortable. A great nights sleep. Nice hot shower in the morning and again swift service for the shuttle back to the airport.
The reason I have given an average rating is that Red Roof Inn delivers what is supposed to - a comfortable room with facilities at a good price for general travel. It does what it says on the adverts, no more, no less, and that is what I was looking for - good value for money (delivered) and a good nights sleep (delivered)
Thanks for a good overnight stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Lathkill

Reviewed December 23, 2013

My wife and I stayed here over night before taking a nearby motor coach into Port Liberty for a Caribbean cruise. It was one of the nicest Red Roof Inns we have stayed at. Everything was clean and fresh smelling with no lingering tobacco odors as has been the case in a few others we have stayed at.

The only low point of the stay was that we got there at 12:30 PM and the room was not ready. We are redicard holders and thought perhaps we could check in a bit early. The clerk told us to return at 2PM which we did only to find the room still not ready. She told us to come back at 3PM. I questioned her as to why the wait and she said that if I was willing to take a 2nd floor room instead of the 1st floor room I had requested, she could get me in now. My wife's poor knees make climbing difficult, but an elevator was available so we took it. I mentioned this to corporate and got a prompt personal apology and promise to investigate.

We had a nice stay otherwise. The bed was very comfortable and everything worked. There were plenty of pillows and towels. Shopping, dining, and service stations were all close by. I would not hesitate to stay here again or recommend it to thers.

Room Tip: A superior queen is well appointed and affordable.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

It is good to receive the positive feedback. I am always delighted to hear such great things about our hotel and staff. I am glad you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms. I apologize for the wait for a first floor room; usually we sell out first floor rooms nightly so it does take a longer time to turn those rooms over. I do hope you get a chance to stay with us again when your travel plans bring you to Albany. Have a Happy New Year.