“Warm and Cozy”

Red Roof Inn Albany Airport
Ranked #23 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Due to a snow storm we decided to spend the night in Albany so that we would have quick trip to the airport the following morning. Was pleasantly surprised to learn about the park and fly program. The price was for the room and parking was a deal, staff were very accommodating, the room was warm and clean, and the shuttle service was quick and easy. We will definitely be returning next time we fly.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Maria E
Redroofinn112, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Albany Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Thank you for taking time to write our property a Trip Advisor post! At Red Roof Inn we pride our self on providing our guests with comfortable, clean and affordable rooms with great service.

It is good to receive the positive feedback. I am always delighted to hear such great things about our hotel and staff. I am glad you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms. I do hope you get a chance to stay with us again when your travel plans bring you to Albany. Have a Happy New Year.

Thank you again for writing a post about your positive experience at our property! I will be sure to share your words with the staff. We look forward to seeing you in your future travels!

Reviewed December 27, 2013

Stayed Christmas night arriving on a midnight flight after 23hrs travelling and was very pleased with being quickly collected from the adjacent airport by the shuttle and quickly booked in on arrival.
The room was warm and the bed both welcoming and very comfortable. A great nights sleep. Nice hot shower in the morning and again swift service for the shuttle back to the airport.
The reason I have given an average rating is that Red Roof Inn delivers what is supposed to - a comfortable room with facilities at a good price for general travel. It does what it says on the adverts, no more, no less, and that is what I was looking for - good value for money (delivered) and a good nights sleep (delivered)
Thanks for a good overnight stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Lathkill

Reviewed December 23, 2013

My wife and I stayed here over night before taking a nearby motor coach into Port Liberty for a Caribbean cruise. It was one of the nicest Red Roof Inns we have stayed at. Everything was clean and fresh smelling with no lingering tobacco odors as has been the case in a few others we have stayed at.

The only low point of the stay was that we got there at 12:30 PM and the room was not ready. We are redicard holders and thought perhaps we could check in a bit early. The clerk told us to return at 2PM which we did only to find the room still not ready. She told us to come back at 3PM. I questioned her as to why the wait and she said that if I was willing to take a 2nd floor room instead of the 1st floor room I had requested, she could get me in now. My wife's poor knees make climbing difficult, but an elevator was available so we took it. I mentioned this to corporate and got a prompt personal apology and promise to investigate.

We had a nice stay otherwise. The bed was very comfortable and everything worked. There were plenty of pillows and towels. Shopping, dining, and service stations were all close by. I would not hesitate to stay here again or recommend it to thers.

Room Tip: A superior queen is well appointed and affordable.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

It is good to receive the positive feedback. I am always delighted to hear such great things about our hotel and staff. I am glad you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms. I apologize for the wait for a first floor room; usually we sell out first floor rooms nightly so it does take a longer time to turn those rooms over. I do hope you get a chance to stay with us again when your travel plans bring you to Albany. Have a Happy New Year.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

Price, Location, Cleanliness, Well-decorated rooms. This is a rare combination for hotels yet this unassuming lodging has managed to achieve it.

It's ten minutes from the airport and located on Wolf Road which is a major suburban shopping street filled with restaurants, stores and the Colonie Mall.

I paid $73.00 for my room including all taxes and fees on the two occasions I took a room there during the last two weeks.

The rooms appear to have been recently re-decorated in an attractive, simple and modern style (Red Roof calls the look "Next Gen") that makes the most of every cubic inch of space. The separate bathroom contains the toilet and tub/shower and is very small (as was typical when the hotel structure was built) but everything works and is pleasant to look at.

There were a few drawbacks to this establishment: it is 3 stories tall but has no elevator. It has no restaurant or other guest amenities other than vending machines and food delivery services which I understand is pretty standard for the Red Roof chain. Lastly, there is a lot of noise from the close-by airport as planes take off and land.

These drawbacks were not serious enough to dent my enthusiasm for this place and I strongly recommend it to the Albany traveler.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the first floor to avoid the stairs.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo

It is good to receive the positive feedback. I am always delighted to hear such great things about our hotel and staff. I am glad you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms. We actually do have an elevator on property it is in the middle of the open breezeway, I apologize for the miscommunication about this. I do hope you get a chance to stay with us again when your travel plans bring you to Albany. Have a Happy New Year.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

We stopped here during a road trip and were pleased with our choice: the price was good, the room was clean, and the staff were friendly and helpful. It was a good hote lwhen we just needed somewhere to lay our heads for the night.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 1, 2013

A family trip took us to the Albany area for our headquarters so we ended up staying here on three separate occasions during our week-plus stay in the East. The hotel impresses with very friendly and helpful staff at check in and throughout the stay. Clean rooms, recently and attractively redecorated. If you don't use the in-room safe tell them and they will deduct the charge from your bill. Agree the wifi was inconsistent. Good from one room, not so good from others. Good location close to the airport. Located in the vicinity of numerous restaurants (don't miss Grandma's Pies and Restaurant down on Central Avenue. Maybe a couple miles away. We ate all our meals there while in Albany. Also close to the Airport is the Albany Shaker Historic Site. Interesting. To sum up: good value, clean rooms in a friendly hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back are perhaps quieter but the hotel sits back from the road and so noise from cars i...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed November 21, 2013

I used to stay every week at the Albany Red Roof. Because I stay here on business, I must have a reliable internet connection to do my work. The internet,despite my many complaints, remains extremely slow especially on downloads, drops connections, and has caused me much grief. I even brought an ipad and had the same issues. I stopped coming here 4 months ago and now stay at a competitor on Wolf Road. The internet at this similar priced hotel allows me to download work programs in 30 seconds compared to 10 minutes or more at the Red Roof. This Red Roof has lost at least 25 stays because of this issue. I know of other business people who will not stay here for the same reason..I decided to give it one more chance this week and it still is as slow as ever. Although I like this Hotel, I most likely will never return,

If you don't need to use the internet for business or downloads, I would highly recommend this hotel. Dan, the front desk manager is awesome, greets me by name and can't do enough for me. The Housekeeping staff keeps the rooms immaculate.. Too bad no one will listen and get a stronger internet....They have lost over a thousand dollars in stays from me alone..

Room Tip: Don't stay here if you have to use a laptop for business,,,Otherwise, its a Great Hotel!!!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Rick G

I am disappointed to hear you have chosen another property but we as a company are making efforts to improve our WIFI in 2014. Despite our WIFI I am always delighted to hear such great things about our hotel and staff. I do hope you give us another chance once our WIFI is upgraded. Have a Happy New Year.

Thank you again for writing a post! We look forward to seeing you in your future travels!