“Red Roof Inn” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Sydney
“Red Roof Inn”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

We arrived late and found booking as expected. Desk staff were friendly. Room was clean, however it did smell of smoke especially in the bathroom, although it is a non-smoking room. For an overnight stay it was fine.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Redroofinn112, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Albany Airport, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thank you for taking time to write our property a Trip Advisor post! At Red Roof Inn we pride our self on providing our guests with comfortable, clean and affordable rooms with great service.

It is good to receive the positive feedback. I am always delighted to hear such great things about our hotel and staff as we try extremely hard. I do apologize for the smoke smell you had in your room; we are nonsmoking property after the completion of our renovation and we try our best to get that message across to all of our guests. I do hope you get a chance to stay with us again when your travel plans bring you to Albany.

Thank you again for writing a post about your positive experience at our property! I will be sure to share your words with the staff. We look forward to seeing you in your future travels!

i0112@redroof.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Warwick NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

My son just began attending a nearby college and we were hoping to find a clean, pet-friendly hotel close to his campus. We found it at the Red Roof Inn. The front desk staff was courteous and friendly; the location was easy to find (well, besides the entrance being behind some trees) and there is plenty to do/places to eat all very close to the hotel. The room was a bit on the small side, but more than spacious enough for an overnight stay (or two). Really appreciated the newly-renovated floors and I liked that the rooms opened to the outside, which made it a lot easier with the dog (rather than having to bring him through a lobby area). Also, the lawn area in the back to walk the dog was great. The bathroom looked a little dated but was clean and the water pressure was great/water was hot. The beds were also very comfortable. They almost enticed our son to stay at the hotel with us, but it was a Saturday night, so he opted to go back to campus! The only downside was the jets flying low overhead, but this would be true for any of the hotels in this area, so close to the airport. Overall, I was very happy with it and found the rates reasonable. We will definitely be staying again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars

It is good to receive the positive feedback about our renovation. I am always delighted to hear such great things about our hotel and staff as we try extremely hard. We pride ourselves in being customer service focused and it is good to know that our customers appreciate our efforts. We have addressed the issue of the trees so that the property is more visible from the road. I do hope you get a chance to stay with us again when your travel plans bring you to Albany.

Moncton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

We stay at RRI's all over the US and always enjoy friendly staff, reasonable price and clean rooms. We found all of it at this - recently renovated - Inn. However, the bathroom was anything but clean. Dark hair in the tub (nobody in my family has dark hair), mold on the bathroom ceiling and blood stains on the toilet bowl. I checked in very late at night and was tired. I am disappointed. I was promised a phone call by the manager.... so far still waiting.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars

I am disappointed to hear that your room did not meet the cleanliness standards that we strive to meet. I do hope you give us another chance and try us again when your travel plans bring you to Albany.

Llanelli, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Stayed two nights this week catching up with old friends who live in Albany. We had a double double room with fridge and microwave. Room was quiet, clean and with nice flat screen tv. Only problem we had was finding the hotel the first night as it is set back from the road behind trees which of course were still in full leaf. Very friendly check in and check out staff.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Redroofinn112, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Albany Airport, responded to this review, September 23, 2013

It is good to receive the positive feedback. I am always delighted to hear such great things about our hotel and staff as we try extremely hard. We pride ourselves in being customer service focused and it is good to know that our customers appreciate our efforts. We are addressing the issue of the trees and by this time next year we will be more visible from the road. I do hope you get a chance to stay with us again when your travel plans bring you to Albany.

Phoenix, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Looking for just a one night availability for a reasonable price and Red roof did the trick.
Nothing fancy. A clean room, great front office personnel, location close to transportation and plenty of nearby eating establishments. And a good cup of coffee from the office in the AM.
Overall I would stay again without hesitation. and with their change to non carpeted flooring for pet friendly environment, it was exceptionally clean.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars

It is good to receive the positive feedback. I am always delighted to hear such great things about our hotel and staff as we try extremely hard. We pride ourselves in being customer service focused and it is good to know that our customers appreciate our efforts. I am so excited that you enjoyed our renovated room and new floors. The floors do make a huge difference with the decreased amount of pet hair in the rooms. I do hope you get a chance to stay with us again when your travel plans bring you to Albany.

Manalapan, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

I stayed there three nights for business. The rooms were very clean and bed was comfortable and shower was great. The value was extraordinary. The location was perfect; near access highways, restaurants and shopping. Staff was exceptionally nice and very knowledgeable of surrounding areas.
I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: If you have to stay in Albany area , check the Red Roof Inn first.
Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

It is good to receive the positive feedback. I am always delighted to hear such great things about our hotel and staff as we try extremely hard. We pride ourselves in being customer service focused and it is good to know that our customers appreciate our efforts. I do hope you get a chance to stay with us again when your travel plans bring you to Albany.

middle tenn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

I booked this place based on price, location (near airport) and amenities (free shuttle and in room coffee) as we just needed an overnight stay before catching our flight home after vacation. We drove in from the Cooperstown area and arrived earlier than expected. They were very accommodating and had a room well before normal check-in times. Within the first 15 minutes on site, I was impressed with the friendly staff. Every single person we passed or came in contact with on our way from the lobby to our room spoke to us, asked or offered help. The room itself - nice surprise. Clean, clean, clean! Nice sitting area with desk for a bit of computer time. I like that the floors were not carpet, but solid surfaced, laminate wood type. Room had been recently renovated and kudos to the design staff because it made for a very enjoyable last night of vacation! Comfy bed, A/C unit ran all night but that was most likely my fault for not taking the time to figure out the settings. Good place, nice positive impression for my first ever stay at a Red Roof Inn.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Redroofinn112, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Albany Airport, responded to this review, September 9, 2013

It is good to receive the positive feedback. I am always delighted to hear such great things about our hotel and staff as we try extremely hard. We pride ourselves in being customer service focused and it is good to know that our customers appreciate our efforts. I am so excited that your first ever stay at a Red Roof Inn was with us and that your stay was so fantastic. I do hope you get a chance to stay with us again when your travel plans bring you to Albany.