“An other very good stay at Red Roof Inn.”

Red Roof Inn Albany Airport
Ranked #23 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at this Red Roof.
We chose it especially because it was pet friendly (with no additional charge).
Rooms were recently renovated. Very nice for a very affordable motel.
Staff was very nice at check-in and check-out.
Rooms clean and confortable.
Location very good to Albany airport and to visit Saratoga area and/or Albany area.
We would return here when back in the region next year.
We stayed at more than 7 different Red Roof this year and liked them all.
The price of Red Roof is similar to Motel 6 but the quality is better.
I recommend.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Redroofinn112, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Albany Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Thank you for taking time to write our property a Trip Advisor post! At Red Roof Inn we pride our self on providing our guests with comfortable, clean and affordable rooms with great service.

It is good to receive the positive feedback. I am always delighted to hear such great things about our hotel and staff as we try extremely hard. We pride ourselves in being customer service focused and it is good to know that our customers appreciate our efforts. I especilly glad to hear that you have stayed with us 7 times year and we never disappoint you. Thank you for choosing us as your lodging provider when your travel plans bring you to Albany.

Thank you again for writing a post about your positive experience at our property! I will be sure to share your words with the staff. We look forward to seeing you in your future travels!

Reviewed September 2, 2013

I stayed here for two nights. This location of the Roof Inn is a most welcoming and friendly place to visit. The young lady who signed me in asked if I needed any if=nfirmation about Albany, about places to eat, or I may want to visit. The enitre check-in experience was handled superbly. I appreciate that. There is a Duncan Doughtnut Shop right across the parking lot and several restaurants nearby. The room was clean and quiet. The quality of sleep was good. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

It is good to receive the positive feedback. I am always delighted to hear such great things about our hotel and staff as we try extremely hard. We pride ourselves in being customer service focused and it is good to know that our customers appreciate our efforts. I do hope you get a chance to stay with us again when your travel plans bring you to Albany.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

For a great price - a nice room an close to the airport -if you are going to the track in Saratoga and are on a budget this is perfect and about 25 miles away - This is a basic clean room..the management is very customer obsessed

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Redroofinn112, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Albany Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

Reviewed August 25, 2013

We arrived app. 1:50 PM Wednesday 8/21/13 a little early for check unfortunately the room wasn't ready so we had to wait till 3:10 PM for the room. In general I don't blame the RRI for this people don't have to check out till noon that gives house keeping roughly 3 hrs. to get to get room clean and ready and if management don't hire enough help and the guest are slobs its a rough job. How room was clean and smelt good, the personnel at the front desk were polite and courteous and some other personnel were also. When we arrived the wife had to use the rest room and one of the personnel let her into one of the room she was cleaning, which was very nice of here. They offer us coffee and apology for the delay. The only problems that I found was the parking area and road around the building could stand some repair, also some long stay were using a ice bucket just out side there door for and ash tray. This place is suppose to be 100 % nonsmoking and if you have breathing problems this can be a problem. The other minor in fraction was under the door you could see day light which meant little critter could make their way in also cold air winter the winter hits. But it was very quite on the back side and the bed was very comfortable if I'm in the area again I would stay and would recommend especially if you have a pet, this time we didn't but normally we do, just wish the rates were a little less, could have got it less expensive if I wanted to pay in advance and no cancellation and no refund this is not good so I lost out in about an 8 dollar saving, this was a RRI policy not RRI in albany

Room Tip: If you arrive before check in be patient so they can do a good job in getting it ready for you
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

I am delighted to hear that our staff made you feel welcomed and that you enjoyed our newly renovated room. It is good to receive the positive feedback. I am always delighted to hear such great things about our hotel and staff as we try extremely hard. We do have plans to to repair the parking lot in 2014. I do hope you get a chance to stay with us again when your travel plans bring you to Albany.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

I stayed here 3 nights. Hotel room is very basic. They claimed to have updated the rooms but you can see the short cuts they took to update. The room worked for me. Price was very reasonable. On the down side, there was a large party of young "adults" who decided that it was fun to bang on doors at 3AM. I tried calling to the office but no one picked up. The hotel lacks common security and I did not feel comfortable sleeping for the rest of the night.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy the renovation and that we had some immature guest staying on property. We normally get positive feedback on the renovation but I will share your concerns so that we may improve. The desk clerk was out on property trying to resolve the noisy group which is why he did not answer the phone. We pride ourselves in being customer service focused. I do hope you get a chance to stay with us again when your travel plans bring you to Albany.

Thank you again for writing a post. I will be sure to share your words with the staff. We look forward to seeing you in your future travels!

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Very, very basic. Good location, but too expensive for the quality. Still, it might be your best option in the area for an early morning flight out of Albany. If you need better amenities for a more extended stay, you might look elsewhere.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

For this time of year in Albany we are still the best value for lodging on Wolf Road and in the airport area. I am always delighted to get feedback from our guest. We pride ourselves in being customer service focused. I do hope you get a chance to stay with us again when your travel plans bring you to Albany.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

We stayed at this Red Roof Inn during opening weekend at Saratoga so the hotel was sold out. We had reserved a room with a microwave and a refrigerator since we were there for a week. When we checked in the room had neither so we went to the desk to see about changing rooms. They were full so we were told to see the assistant manager in the morning. We did and she had a microwave and refrigerator brought in. The staff was very friendly and went out of their way to say hello and ensure we had everything we needed. The Red Roof was very clean and was convenient to shopping and restaurants. We would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Redroofinn112, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Albany Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

I am delighted to hear that we able to quickly correct the issue of the micro/frig for your room. It is good to receive the positive feedback. I am always delighted to hear such great things about our hotel and staff as we try extremely hard. We pride ourselves in being customer service focused. I do hope you get a chance to stay with us again when your travel plans bring you to Albany.