“Better than Average”

Ranked #28 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Marietta, Oklahoma
“Better than Average”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Clean rooms, good location and generally quiet for the price. Airport location has some plane noise, but not too bad. Typical RRI. Decent place to stay overnight and I wouldn't worry about stopping here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MariettaOK
Redroofinn112, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Albany Airport, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Thank you for taking time to write our property a Trip Advisor post! At Red Roof Inn we pride our self on providing our guests with comfortable, clean and affordable rooms.

I am delighted that your stay with us was a pleasant one. I am pleased that we meet your expectations and provided you with a clean and comfortable room. I am always delighted to hear such great things about our hotel, we try extremely hard. I do hope you get a chance to stay with us again when your travel plans bring you to Albany.

Thank you again for writing a post about your positive experience at our property! I will be sure to share your words with the staff. We look forward to seeing you in your future travels!

i0112@redroof.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Reviewed October 12, 2012

my first day at the revolution was tremendous. the customer service by the front desk person Wayne was also great. the location is right next to the airport in the shuttle bus was right on time... Wayne gave me great directions to a restaurant called Delmonico's restaurant, and the food was awesome... this would definitely not be my last day.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank iannasalvary
Redroofinn112, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Albany Airport, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank you for taking time to write our property a Trip Advisor post! At Red Roof Inn we pride our self on providing our guests with comfortable, clean and affordable rooms with GREAT service.

I am delighted to hear that Wayne provided you with outstanding service. I am always delighted to hear such great things about our hotel and staff, we try extremely hard. I do hope you get a chance to stay with us again when your travel plans bring you to Albany.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Having driven from the East Coast to St Louis, this was my return trip, and after having had no car problems, the morning I checked out of this motel, my car would not start properly. The mere mention of this fact brought a front desk person out immediately to pull her car around to mine and try to help me jump-start my vehicle. This was done without hesitation.
It is things like this that stand out as far as evaluations of a motel are concerned.
Her willingness to help reflected the general friendliness of all the front desk staff.
This motel is convenient to the highway. It is a little tough to find, the driveway being right next to a Dunkin Donuts, with not much advance notification that you are coming up to the motel.
The room was clean and affordable. Would highly recommend this quiet location.

Room Tip: I specifically request a first floor room so as to avoid lugging three suitcases up flights of stair...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank dave5400
Redroofinn112, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Albany Airport, responded to this review, October 12, 2012

I am delighted to hear that we provided you with outstanding service, a clean and affordablr room. I am always delighted to hear such great things about our hotel, we try extremely hard. I do hope you get a chance to stay with us again when your travel plans bring you to A Albany.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I had reservations at the Best Western next door and when I arrived I was informed there would be no hot water for 24 hours. It was 11PM at night and I had a 6AM flight at ALB so I tried the Red Roof Inn next door. Not only was this hotel $30.00 less than the Best Western but it was very clean and the rooms were updated (not like the dated Best Western next door). The night manager was very accommodating. Very quiet and the bed was comfortable. Hair dryers were available at the front desk. Sure you don't have a coffee maker or iron but this hotel is the perfect for the overnight before your flight. Best Western is off my list, Red Roof is on!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Molokairaceofficial

I am delighted that your stay with us was a pleasant one. I am pleased that we had the opportunity to exceed your expectations on Red Roof Inn. I am always delighted to hear such great things about our hotel, we try extremely hard. I do hope you get a chance to stay with us again when your travel plans bring you to A Albany.

Mentor, Ohio
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Stayed 1 night only enroute to destination. Booked ahead online for reservation but found out when we got there that we could have gotten a better rate - so I would skip online and call direct next time. Room was on ground level and easily accessible from outside. Bed was ok - we're used to a memory foam mattress, so this was a little softer than normal - but ok. Very clean room, nothing fancy, minimal amenities and that was alright with us as we had what we needed. Only bad thing was the air conditioner was VERY loud and had a rattle somewhere in it that we couldn't get rid of. Overall for the money it was a very good value for a one nite stay. No type of breakfast offered but there is a Dunkin' Donuts right in front of the Inn property, so for those who need a caffeine fix first thing in the a.m., it's just a really short walk to get there. Would stay here again. The woman at the front desk was VERY nice and VERY helpful.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cab553
Thank you for taking time to write our property a Trip Advisor post! At Red Roof Inn we pride our self on providing our guests with comfortable, clean and affordable rooms with good service.

I am delighted that your stay with us was a pleasant one; besides the rattling AC, I will address with maintenance. I am always delighted to hear such great things about our hotel, we try extremely hard. I do hope you get a chance to stay with us again when your travel plans bring you to A Albany.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Stayed for a business trip. This looks like any other Red Roof Inn, but it is poorly maintained. I think they flip the rooms between smoking and non-smoking, because there was a strong smell in the room that wasn't covered well by whatever was sprayed around the room. The bigger issue for me though was the bathroom. Hairs were stuck to the shower, and the sprinkler in the bathroom, part of the fire suppression system, was packed in with toilet paper. I assume that it must have been rattling at some point, and this is how it was serviced. If a former roomer thought if this solution, no one removed it before I got the room.

The faucet in the bathtub also dripped loudly, enough so I had to close the door to the bathroom to get to sleep.

Surprising really. I would have thought that a chain would enforce maintenance and cleaning standards.

I was in the room for three days. I asked that it be cleaned when I went out in the early morning. It wasn't. The beds were made and the towels changed. It was vacuumed on the second day, but the bathroom wasn't touched, except to replace the towels.

Other than that, just a regular Red Roof Inn.

Room Tip: As I said, bring cleaning supplies and a strong stomach.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank JK132

I am disappointed to hear that we failed you in thses areas. I can assure you proper housekeeping and maintenance procedures are followed daily. I will meet twith the team to ensure we are all on the same page so that our cutomers always have a delightful stay. Again my apologies for our slip up I do hope you give us another chance to make it up to you.

Shelburne, Vermont
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel when traveling for business and pleasure MANY times over many years. No fancy hotel, but always clean and quiet (okay, it's near the airport so you might hear planes. But generally not in your room and you DON'T hear walking, talking, or TVs from other rooms. That's CRUCIAL to me). There's a solid dependability to the place. The one time I had a few minor issues, they were dealt with. But beyond that, the General Manager followed up with me and offered a discount on my next stay at any Red Roof. That was EXTRA good service, and felt very genuine. With "nicest price" discounts for early booking, you can get an affordable, clean room where you know you'll get a good sleep and where the staff is responsive.

Room Tip: Book early to get discount and upgrade to Superior King room!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

I am delighted that your stay with us was a pleasant one. I am pleased that you found our hotel reasonably priced and clean. I am always delighted to hear such great things about our hotel, we try extremely hard. I do hope you get a chance to stay with us again when your travel plans bring you to Albany.