“Clean, cheap, no surprises, no smells”

Red Roof Inn Albany Airport
Ranked #27 of 50 Hotels in Albany
“Clean, cheap, no surprises, no smells”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

No bells, no whistles, just a clean space where everything works and nothing smells. No micro; no fridge; no coffee maker; but quiet AC (which is rare not to get one that wakes you up every time the compressor comes on). Bed could've been nicer, but it's hard to complain with clean and cheap.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Boultaz
, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Albany Airport, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Thank you for taking time to write our property a Trip Advisor post! At Red Roof Inn we pride our self on providing our guests with comfortable, clean and affordable rooms.

I am delighted that your stay with us was a pleasant one. I do want to let you know that we do have rooms with a micro/frig and coffee maker, it is our Superior King or double room which is only $10 more. I do hope you get a chance to stay with us again when your travel plans bring you to A Albany.

Thank you again for writing a post about your positive experience at our property! I will be sure to share your words with the staff. We look forward to seeing you in your future travels!

i0112@redroof.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Albany, New York
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I travel thru Albany alot and stay at Red Roof due to location, value and convience. Altho I have said for years Red Roof needs to dump the red and blue sceme, this location is very nice. All the staff are very friendly, they always try to accomodate me in my room preference. Lindsey at the front desk is the such a polite and friendly face to see walking into the hotel. I will continue to use this location

Room Tip: Honestly the back is quieter then the front, yes you are near the airport, when your window and door...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank mslunachick

I am delighted that you choose us when you travel to Albany. I am pleased that our front desk team lead by Lindsey is providing our guest with A+ service. We look foward to seeing you again when your travel plans bring you to Albany.

New York City, New York
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stayed at the Red Roof Inn for 2 days and was really surprised how nice it was. Very close to the mall, Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, Diner etc, all in walking distance. Even though it is off the main highway and close to the airport, I never heard a sound. Very quiet. Lindsey greeted me at the front desk and she was really so nice and helpful always answering with a smile and so knowledgeable about the area and helping be find places to go to, eat etc. The price is really reasonable and I would recommend it to my friends. If they would have had a refrig in the room, I would have given it a higher rating. Rooms very clean and a nice wooded area in the back where you can picnic or just enjoy the quiet. No swimming pool. They do have a company that caters to doing room service but the food is not prepared at the location. Convenient vending machines on each floor (3 floors).

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room and was given a room on the 3rd floor facing the back....never heard a soun...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

I am delighted that your first stay with us was a pleasant one. I am pleased that our front desk team lead by Lindsey is providing our guest with A+ service. I do hope you get a chance to stay with us again when your travel plans bring you to A Albany.

Upstate NY
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I stayed for 5 nights in mid June and then agan the last weekend in June - had two diff. customer service stays -First time, there had been a problem with flooding of the rooms, and I could not be given an accessible room wiht a refrigerator (the men at the desk tried to get me in another room but could not access the computer system to check me in). I had to settle for first floor, no refrigerator - this caused a problem with meals esp. with such a long stay - I had to buy ice each night - no one offered to move a refrig in or comp me for the ice. Then in last June, everything was great - got the room I reserved. customer service was fine, parking lot was paved, area was quiet (well, except for two 'working girls' who had customers every 1/2 hour - but they were not near me but were near my friends who also stayed there. I just saw the cab show up a few times. this really surprised me that it was tolerated - the front desk was aware! The girls were very nice but............! I'd stay again (and have in the past) - small glitches like the working girls don't bother me that much - just be aware!

Room Tip: Even the rooms on the front side by wolf road are quiet - never heard a plane when in the room!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Pemcorgi

I am delighted that your second stay was more representative of our abilities and accommodations. I will look into the issue of working girls as we try our best to prevent that at our property. We look forward to seeing you again when your travel plans bring you to Albany.

Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Checked in Sun afternoon and asked for 2nd, 3rd floor room. None were available even though only about ten cars were in parking lot. Given ground floor room on backside of hotel next to overflowing garbage can and beer cans on ground. Room was terribly smelly from probably old filter in air conditioner-awoke with sore throat each morning. On second day rate on outside billboard dropped $10 below lowest rate quoted on Internet site, but I was not allowed that rate because I booked in advance. Room's sink was not cleaned, nor carpet vacuumed during tne three days I was there. There are plenty of hotels on Wolf Road. Go to ANY other.

Room Tip: Upper floors better, but all rooms are almost on runway of Albany Airport.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Albany Airport Red Roof Inn on Trip Advisor. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my sincerest apologies.

Port Jefferson, New York
Reviewed May 27, 2012

I got this room at a great rate from Hotwire. For what I paid, I received excellent value. The room, if somewhat spartan, was clean and comfortable. The Northway side of the hotel can be a bit loud, and the parking lot needs repaving badly. Otherwise I was very pleased with a hotel chain I rarely frequent.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Redroofinn112, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Albany Airport, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
Thank you for taking time to write our property a TripAdvisor post! At Red Roof Inn we pride our self on providing our guests with comfortable and affordable rooms.

I am delighted that your first stay with us was a pleasant one. I do want to let you know that we are scheduled to have the parking lot fixed so that on your next stay you will see an improvement. I do hope you get a chance to stay with us again when your travel plans bring you to A Albany.

Englewood, Florida
Reviewed May 18, 2012

Just a couple of miles from the airport and next to Olive Garden and Red Lobster this is an OK spot for an evening prior to an early flight. The outside of the building is not attractive but the room was reasonably large and clean. The staff were quite helpful in providing a quiet room and information abot restaurants for dinner and early breakfast.

Room Tip: All rooms should be quiet as the hotel is away from the road.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Redroofinn112, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Albany Airport, responded to this review, May 27, 2012

I am delighted that our room and staff meet your needs during your stay before your flight out of the Albany Airport. I do want to let you know that we are scheduled for a renovation around February 2013 so the outside as well as the inside of our rooms will be updated. I do hope you get a chance to stay with us after the renovation is complete.