“Noisy and Bedbugs”

Ranked #28 of 50 Hotels in Albany
seattle
“Noisy and Bedbugs”
Reviewed July 10, 2011

We decided to stay at this hotel since we were tired of driving. We asked for the quietest rooms they had. Even though they weren't full, the receptionist gave us a 1st floor room in the back where we heard everyone leaving from 6 am onwards. Maybe higher up would be quieter. Airport noise is also loud at the back, maybe more so than the front. In the morning, we discovered bedbugs in one of the beds after getting bitten.

Not the best experience, though it's true, the hotel is not expensive.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank travellingfroseattle
Redroofinn112, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Albany Airport, responded to this review, July 12, 2011
First, let me say thank you Travellingfroseattle, for bringing these things to my attention. We appreciate our guest’s feedback; it lets us know what we are doing right and what we can do better. Secondly, I apologize for the noise you experienced while here. There is not a lot we can do about the airport noise as we are 1 mile from the airport but I have instructed the staff to put guests in a different location if the occupancy permits, when a guest ask for a quieter section. Thirdly, I have personally and recently inspected all of our rooms and can verify that the rooms are free and clear of the issues mentioned. I would be delighted to speak with you directly if you would like to discuss your stay any further, please feel free to contact at the hotel. Again, thank you in assisting us with your feedback. We appreciate your comments, your business and we look forward to you choosing Red Roof Inn Albany Airport when your travel plans bring you back to the Capital Region.

Red Roof Inn Albany Airport
i0112@redroof.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Upstate NY
Reviewed July 4, 2011

Red roof is one of my favorites and this did not disappoint - it was clean, had a refrigerator and microwave (business king), parking lot was well lit - towels were adequate, shower pressure was good - could have used a hair dryer but I did not expect one. Everything worked. Could order in-room movies but I did not.
I was expecting to hear more planes overhead being near the airport but except for when walking the dogs, I did not hear them . Front desk personnel were friendly and helpful. Place was peaceful - no loud parties despite 3 floors. Plenty of restaurants on the main drag and easy on/off to highway/thruway. I was on the back side so did not hear any traffic from the main street (if there was any?)
Only complaint was lots of mosquitos since near trees and it was raining a lot in this area - nice touch would have been bug repellent but I'm willing to bet some people would complain about that being detrimental to their health!!!

Room Tip: Just ask and tell them your needs.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time out to write this review, we appreciate our guest’s feedback; it lets us know what we are doing right and what we can do better on. We appreciate your comments, your business and we look forward to you choosing Red Roof Inn Albany Airport when your travel plans bring you back to the Capital Region.

Vermonter
Reviewed June 19, 2011

This is our favorite place to stay for business in Albany. Staff was very helpful at check-in, the room spotless and the bed super comfy. Though I87 is on one side and busy highway on the other, the rooms are still quiet. There are several restaurants and fast food places very close by. It's a good place to stay!

Room Tip: Upgrade rm for fridge/microwave worth the extra $.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed June 2, 2011

Faith was very helpful, recommended a great breakfast diner!

• Stayed May 2011

Boynton Beach, Florida
Reviewed May 11, 2011

I always stay here before an early morning flight from Albany airport. It's close to the airport, near several restaurants for dinner or breakfast and has all the amenities that you need.

When travelling with my pets to and from Florida, I always stay at Red Roof Inns. They are a great value.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Bordeaux
Reviewed March 11, 2011

I have stayed at this Red Roof quite often - stay here when on business (self-employed) here in the Albany area. It's just a great location for all that I do BUT... if that wasn't enough, Tasha - the receptionist today was so professional and helpful. She was able to get me exactly the room that I wanted. She was very happy to get me an extra pillow. One could just tell that she is a kind, helpful person who cares about what she does. Any hotel could use a staff of "Tashas". She is another reason why I will be back. She has a great future. As the head of an educational foundation, I have seen a great many students. She's going to be successful in anything that she attempts. Kudos to Red Roof HR for recognizing real worth.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Hopewell Junction, New York
Reviewed February 5, 2011

If you are looking not to spend too much and get a good basic hotel in the Albany area, this is it. Rooms are plain but clean. Front desk staff was very friendly: I was unaware that I had been inadvertently overcharged 6 dollars ; a message was left on my phone to pick up the money! Every food chain imaginable is within walking distance to a 2 mile drive. There is even a nice mall nearby.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family