Red Roof Inn Albany Airport
HIExpress.com
$154
$131
Staybridge.com
All reviewsroom was cleanfront deskalbany airportwolf roaddunkin donutswould stay againthird floorrestaurants and shoppingwi fifree shuttleconvenient locationshuttle servicenon smokingmotelrridryermicrowave
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 11, 2011

I have stayed at this Red Roof quite often - stay here when on business (self-employed) here in the Albany area. It's just a great location for all that I do BUT... if that wasn't enough, Tasha - the receptionist today was so professional and helpful. She was able to get me exactly the room that I wanted. She was very happy to get me an extra pillow. One could just tell that she is a kind, helpful person who cares about what she does. Any hotel could use a staff of "Tashas". She is another reason why I will be back. She has a great future. As the head of an educational foundation, I have seen a great many students. She's going to be successful in anything that she attempts. Kudos to Red Roof HR for recognizing real worth.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 5, 2011

If you are looking not to spend too much and get a good basic hotel in the Albany area, this is it. Rooms are plain but clean. Front desk staff was very friendly: I was unaware that I had been inadvertently overcharged 6 dollars ; a message was left on my phone to pick up the money! Every food chain imaginable is within walking distance to a 2 mile drive. There is even a nice mall nearby.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 12, 2011

The first room I checked in to had bedbugs and the toilet was plugged with toilet paper. The desk clerk was very apologetic and switched me to a new room, no problems. However, I don't know that they really follow up on such complaints and probably just put another guest in that room. The second room was fine in terms of cleanliness. I stayed for 3 nights and on the 2nd night I could hear people rolling suitcases overhead in the hallways at 3:00am and talking loudly outside my window at their cars. In general there was quite a bit of noise outside my room and in the rooms next to me and above me (banging on walls, thuds, slamming doors), as well as lots of noise when staff were shoveling the walks and plows came through. Not a huge deal though. On the 3rd night the cable went out for the entire evening on all but about 4-5 channels and internet connection was spotty and slow. I am not very picky and have stayed at a number of Red Roofs -- this was the worst one I have stayed in. However, it is affordable.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 30, 2010

Being a last minute choice for a business visit, it was an average place for staying.
Location is good . Walking distance to a lot of shopping and dining places around.

Rooms are comfortable though small and therefore the price appeared to be little high.
No facility for in house dining or even breakfast which makes the place less attractive

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 22, 2010

I couldn't believe how clean the rooms were and low the rate was so close to the airport. For just 60 dollars we had a nice clean room and a very enjoyable stay. The check in staff was so polite and housekeeping was so helpful and did a great job. I definitely recommend this Red Roof if you're in the area and looking for a place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2010