“Has been very good for my business trips”

Red Carpet Inn Albany Downtown
Ranked #35 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Has been very good for my business trips”
Reviewed May 23, 2014

I discovered this motel through the Hotel Saver coupon books. I have been here on 5 different times and each time I've had a nice room -- nothing like some of the complaints of the other guests. The motel is old but each room I've had has been clean and comfortable. There is a microwave and refrigerator in each room (I think), TV is fine with plenty of stations, and large bathroom. There is a desk or table for setting up your computer and the WIFI works fine. The location is also very central. So I have been making this my "home" while in Albany. Martin at the front desk is very kind and accommodating. So I can't think of any complaints. I also love that when I stay more than 3 nights I get a better rate. Every bit helps! CD from N.C.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank cdonahue213

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
new york
Reviewed April 27, 2014

This was SO bad I can't believe that I have to write this-bathroom door hinges busted so door didn't close,mold on shower wall, floor needed to be cleaned, busted frig never got cold enough to chill a water bottle, garbage/dirt in corners-carpetting not vacuumed,cigarette burns on chairs, chairs too disgusting to use,mattress hard as rock,NO tv reception,tv remote had dried food on it,inside of door filthy black with hand prints,ceiling light bulb broken,(not replaced although we requested it) wall vent smashed,asked for extra towel and told it would be dropped off, never received it,and the two guys in next room drinking, vomitting throughout the night(echoed thru the wall) also beat the **** out of some woman-ALL OF THIS WAS REPORTED TO THE FRONT DESK. THIS IS NOT A SAFE PLACE AND MANAGEMENT IS NON-EXISTENT. BAD NEWS ALL THE WAY.

Room Tip: Hilton is closer to center of downtown, clean, safe.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank debinny
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed April 20, 2014

As the other reviewers say, the area is somewhat shady but in general the hotel is fine. No major stink, water working, bed was ok. In general I would say the stay was ok. I didn't have a great experience with one of the desk managers who had a bad attitude.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jchiuPVL
Killington, Vermont
Reviewed February 3, 2014

After driving for 5 hours to get to the hospital for an emergency visit to a family member, I was greeted with a scowl by the woman at the front desk. My father who was in the hospital booked the room for me. She would not let me check in because my father was not there to sign for the room. I explained that he was in the hospital and that was the purpose of my visit. Still would not budge. I finally gave up and gave her my card, which she then tried to deny as well because it had my husbands name on it. I showed her my id with the SAME last name and explained I'm an authorized user on the account. Finally after another 5 minutes of dealing with her snotty attitude, she let me into a room. It was very late, I was exhausted and so I went to bed. The next morning, I received a knock on my door from the housekeeper, I had overslept slightly past 11am (check out time). I apologized to the house keeper and told her I would be out in 10 minutes and she was kind and gracious. As I was packing I received a call from the same woman from the night before, I answered the phone and got a snarky "check out was 11am" and I said I was packing up and would be out momentarily. Literally 2 minutes later, I got another call- the same women "I thought you were leaving". I could not believe the rudeness of this woman. We got out of there fast and I will NEVER return there again. The room quality is what you would expect of a $50 per night hotel room. It was clean from what I saw, little out dated, but I'm not picky. I am just in shock and awe by how rudely I was treated. If you can avoid this place, do it.

Room Tip: Find another hotel!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Gersty7
Wisconsin
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Used coupon from travel plaza book. Sister and I felt totally unsafe in area, parking lot and hotel lobby even though Victor said it was safe. Intuition told us to leave. Opened door to nasty, smelly room and said no way. Went and asked for money back. He said he would credit us and it would take 5 days but that our intuition was wrong. Even if they gave us a free nights stay I would absolutely not stay! Went down a few more exits and stayed at a really nice Fairfield.

Room Tip: No helpful tips.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank TravelingTerry50
Munster, Germany
Reviewed September 21, 2013

We stayed here on our way from Niagra Falls into the White Mountains area. It was conveniently located at the Interstate.
However, we had to go through a very dodgy area to get to the hotel. Also, the poeple who stayed there seemed dodgy, too.
Our first room had a dead mouse right next to the bed.
They gave us a second room which was clean and spacious but after haveing seen the room we had before we did not feel comfortable.
Also, there are no placed to eat so we ended up heating up popcorn from the vending machine for dinner.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Kathi0405
SAUGERTIES
Reviewed September 7, 2013

The Red Carpet Inn is located 2 doors from the Albany Memorial Hospital, and right next door to the Comedy Works comedy club. My wife and I stayed at the hotel for a visit to see a top entertainer at the comedy club. The low price of the hotel was one of the considerations for making the trip.
The hotel itself is a bit dated and worn, but the staff was very friendly and helpful and they seemed to be doing what they could to maintain the property and it's appearance. The room we had had a microwave and small refrigerator. They had no coffee pots in the rooms, but they have complimentary coffee (regular only) in the lobby in the mornings. (Better to hit the Stewarts shop across the street) .
The hotel is about a ten minute ride from the main downtown Albany area where most of the activity is. There are a couple of nice restaurants just down the block.
It's not a great hotel, but for the price, I will probably stay there again when attending the comedy club.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple