“Worst Customer Service I've ever experienced.”

Red Carpet Inn Albany Downtown
Ranked #36 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Killington, Vermont
“Worst Customer Service I've ever experienced.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

After driving for 5 hours to get to the hospital for an emergency visit to a family member, I was greeted with a scowl by the woman at the front desk. My father who was in the hospital booked the room for me. She would not let me check in because my father was not there to sign for the room. I explained that he was in the hospital and that was the purpose of my visit. Still would not budge. I finally gave up and gave her my card, which she then tried to deny as well because it had my husbands name on it. I showed her my id with the SAME last name and explained I'm an authorized user on the account. Finally after another 5 minutes of dealing with her snotty attitude, she let me into a room. It was very late, I was exhausted and so I went to bed. The next morning, I received a knock on my door from the housekeeper, I had overslept slightly past 11am (check out time). I apologized to the house keeper and told her I would be out in 10 minutes and she was kind and gracious. As I was packing I received a call from the same woman from the night before, I answered the phone and got a snarky "check out was 11am" and I said I was packing up and would be out momentarily. Literally 2 minutes later, I got another call- the same women "I thought you were leaving". I could not believe the rudeness of this woman. We got out of there fast and I will NEVER return there again. The room quality is what you would expect of a $50 per night hotel room. It was clean from what I saw, little out dated, but I'm not picky. I am just in shock and awe by how rudely I was treated. If you can avoid this place, do it.

Room Tip: Find another hotel!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Gersty7

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

Used coupon from travel plaza book. Sister and I felt totally unsafe in area, parking lot and hotel lobby even though Victor said it was safe. Intuition told us to leave. Opened door to nasty, smelly room and said no way. Went and asked for money back. He said he would credit us and it would take 5 days but that our intuition was wrong. Even if they gave us a free nights stay I would absolutely not stay! Went down a few more exits and stayed at a really nice Fairfield.

Room Tip: No helpful tips.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank TravelingTerry50
Munster, Germany
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

We stayed here on our way from Niagra Falls into the White Mountains area. It was conveniently located at the Interstate.
However, we had to go through a very dodgy area to get to the hotel. Also, the poeple who stayed there seemed dodgy, too.
Our first room had a dead mouse right next to the bed.
They gave us a second room which was clean and spacious but after haveing seen the room we had before we did not feel comfortable.
Also, there are no placed to eat so we ended up heating up popcorn from the vending machine for dinner.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Kathi0405
SAUGERTIES
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

The Red Carpet Inn is located 2 doors from the Albany Memorial Hospital, and right next door to the Comedy Works comedy club. My wife and I stayed at the hotel for a visit to see a top entertainer at the comedy club. The low price of the hotel was one of the considerations for making the trip.
The hotel itself is a bit dated and worn, but the staff was very friendly and helpful and they seemed to be doing what they could to maintain the property and it's appearance. The room we had had a microwave and small refrigerator. They had no coffee pots in the rooms, but they have complimentary coffee (regular only) in the lobby in the mornings. (Better to hit the Stewarts shop across the street) .
The hotel is about a ten minute ride from the main downtown Albany area where most of the activity is. There are a couple of nice restaurants just down the block.
It's not a great hotel, but for the price, I will probably stay there again when attending the comedy club.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

I admit I was a little hesitant about the mixed reviews I read before booking here, but I have stayed at the Red Carpet Inn in Syracuse, NY which was nice- so I thought I would give this one a try. Besides, it was only an overnighter to see friends. Upon arriving, it looked like a busy place. I loved the look of the big lobby and was actually happy to be able to park my car in front of the room door. Makes for easy unloading. Room was clean, the bathroom was real nice. I was able to use the free Wi-Fi. Will definitely use this Red Carpet Inn again. Oh, my friends and I decided to have dinner at the comedy club next door--that was a good time. I would recommend giving it a try. I was even able to have a few drinks. It was an easy walk back to my room.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

Room at first glance old but tolerable. Cheap!!! When inspected beds we found 2 dead bedbugs. I immediately contacted my bank. The front desk clerk ray and the manager were very pleasant and to their credit gave me my $ back with no issues going out of the way to help me they also did immediately contact the pest control company next door. I'd b Leary to stay again

• Stayed July 2013
Sanjiv P, Manager at Red Carpet Inn Albany Downtown, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
I remember this quite clearly as it was just last week, and when NorthEast Pest Control brought their certified, dog, the room came up negative for bed bugs. If you would like, please call me and I will send you a copy of the report. As any well managed property would do, we take all complaints of this nature seriously.
Port Richey, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

this place is the most nasty place i been to. the guy at the front desk is rude n he tryedd to keep my change n i checked out ten mins after i checked in n they made me pay for a whole day n wen i asked to talk to a manger they thrend to call the cops n have me arrested. my rating of this place wouldnt even be on the board bc it was so low

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business