“Bed Bugs- Watch Out”
Review of Albany Marriott

Albany Marriott
Ranked #19 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Reviewed July 29, 2009

I stayed in this Hotel just recently on a business trip. Granted I only stayed in the room for a grand total of 3 hours. Upon settling into bed I noticed I was not alone. I could not stop scratching and itching. Prior to checking into my room there were 2 out of 3 Elevators out of service and no AC in the Hallway heading to my room. I should have taken this as a warning and ran as fast as I could. I would NOT recommend staying at this Hotel. There are way too many other choices in the area. Thumbs down for this Mariott

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
5  Thank Randiesel

Reviewed June 25, 2009

It was terrible. The service was the worst I have seen and I've been to numerous foreign countries. I stayed here for business, the food was terrible and there was never enough when my company was served for 3 meals. Trying to find an individual who wasn't a grouch or could help was not possible. A few in my company were denied room cards after reservations were made and that turned into a giant argument as the hotel tried to steal. The place is huge, noisy and very difficult to get around. I did not see any stairwells and that scared me god forbid there was ever a fire. Pretty sad there's an entire albany marriott Facebook group about all of the bad things that happen

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank TravelingMusicMajor
Reviewed May 22, 2009

Went for a official work, was booked with Marriot, had a pleaseant stay.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed March 21, 2009

We stayed here on a Saturday night and the front desk person indicated it was off season and the hotel was nearly empty. It is your typical older Marriott that has been renovated and updated. Room was large and comfortable with the usual Marriott amenities.
Tried to eat at some of the nearby restaurants only to find one hour wait for table at most places...so we came back to the hotel to find the dining room EMPTY. The food was pretty good...service was excellent... but the prices were way too high. Nothing extroadinary - but come on....this is not NYC and $14.00 for a glass of wine is ridiculous. No wonder why all the other places were full and this restaurant was empty on a Saturday night.
So @ 300am we were awoken by the room next door coming home from a party...they were loud and we were upset. but, why when a hotel is empty, do you locate all the guests in adjoining rooms (our floor was almost full!?!?!)....spread 'em out....is this merely for the convienence of the maids???. We did complain and they quieted the room down quickly and the manager did offer to compensate for our inconvienence.....nice resolution to our problem.
Overall...I would probably stay here again on my way thru town.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank fjon
Reviewed March 16, 2009

We came to Albany for a dance competition. We had 9 families in our group. The Marriott bent over backward to accommodate us. The rooms were descent and the service was FANTASTIC! Thank you for a wonderful weekend!! The fitness center was as nice as we have seen at any hotel

Stayed: March 2009
Reviewed March 7, 2009

Checked in for a two night stay with my wife. Upon settling into our ground floor room, I lay down for a rest after a long drive. Upon pulling the bed cover over, I immediately discovered an ant crawling across the sheet. I called the front desk to complain. After a rather lengthy wait, the desk manager and a maintenance worker showed up to inspect the room. We were then offered a comparable room on the floor above. Being somewhat spooked by the ant incident, we pulled over the bed cover in the second room and, much too our surprise, there were two dead ants on the sheet. We then called the manager to inspect the second room. After she saw the same problem again, we requested a move to the Courtyard directly across the road. She informed us that Marriott's only obligation was to provide us with another room, so long as others were available. This explanation was completely unacceptable by any hotel standards. After telling the manager that we would not be coerced into staying, we told her that we intended to leave. The desk clerk checked us out, without charging us and admitted to us that the hotel was recently exterminated for pests. He gave us 25,000 Marriott reward point in light of our very unpleasant experience. At that point, we were so disgusted that we drove the remaining 170 miles to our home.
The hotel manager should have had the good sense to do the right thing, instead of escalating the issue to a near-argument. We deserved a complimentary stay at the nearby Courtyard for the night, but the hotel opted to upset us instead.
I cannot, in good conscience, recommend this Marriott property to anyone. Whenever we stay in Albany NY, the Marriott Hotel (Wolf Road) will never be our hotel of choice.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank cadman25
Reviewed March 4, 2009

As a member of Marriotts rewards program, I thought I would get a nice quiet room. WRONG! Despite this fact, and paying $219.00 I was given the room below the Concierge room. Nothing but floor noise till midnight, and it starts again at 6:00 a.m. Sounds like high heels clomping. Also note the airplane noise.
Standard Marriott room, clean, but dull. Thats why I spend most of my nights at Starwood, they treat frequent travelsrs much better

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business