“Pretty Good”
Review of Albany Marriott

Albany Marriott
Ranked #19 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

The rooms are big and clean with comfortable beds. My only complaints are that it seemed as if the bathrooms hadn't been redone in at least 10 years and wi-fi is $12.95 a day. Overall, it is a nice hotel, even if a little overpriced for what you get.

Stayed: August 2014
Todd R, General Manager at Albany Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2014

Thank you very much Micheal H for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate that you took time to give us this review and hope to see you again the next time your'e in the Albany region.

There are newer reviews for Albany Marriott

Reviewed August 16, 2014

Perfect location near Albany Airport and a short drive into Albany or to Saratoga Springs. The hotel amenities include indoor and outdoor pools, a large lobby and an excellent concierge floor. Unfortunately, because this is considered a business hotel, the concierge floor lounge closes after breakfast on Friday and reopens Sunday evening.

Room Tip: Some rooms are hike to the elevators
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled solo
Todd R, General Manager at Albany Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2014

Dear Byron1944,

Thank you for your review. We are pleased that you were happy with the multiple amenities that the hotel offers.

Reviewed August 10, 2014

The lobby opens up to the lounge area, allowing business travelers the feeling they are never alone because it is always lively. There are two pools, an indoor and an outdoor, so Albany winters are never a factor and summertime brings one a pleasant choice to sun or to swim. The food is consistently good and the rooms comfortable. Location is great, for business or as a family stop over enroute to or from a northeast vacation destination. Staff are very friendly.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Todd R, General Manager at Albany Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2014

Dear Hawaiib0und,

We are delighted that you were pleased with the stay. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed August 10, 2014

Have had numerous business functions at this location and the event staff is SPECTACULAR. However, the rooms are dated, dirty, and in disrepair. Have had black water back up through the drains in the tub, stained sheets, dirty rooms in general, and broken items throughout. The location is very close to the airport without being disruptive with planes. The lobby is nice, but it doesn't make up for the rooms in the least bit. After staying here I actively looked for other locations in the Albany area due to the quality of the rooms. This Marriott is in dire need of a freshening up.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Derek D

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that you were not completely enjoy your stay. I hope you will be back and we will be able to regain your trust.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

Recently had a business meeting at the Ahtoellbany Marriott which required an overnight stay. I have often stayed in this hotel the night before a very early morning flight (great proximity to the airport) but have to say this stay was not up to anticipated Marriott standards. Because of my schedule I was only in the room long enough to drop my suitcase before heading out for the evening. When I returned to the room later in the evening I noticed that the A/C unit seemed quite loud. Actually, it was like having a train running through the room all night long. Finally in desperation I turned it off, but then the room was stuffy and uncomfortable. Ok, I understand in older hotels A/C noise can be a problem. After a not great night (in spite of the super comfortable bed!) an early morning swim in a very nice pool seemed like a great way to start my day. What happened next was not so pleasant. When I pulled the shower curtain back to take a shower after my swim, I found dirty towels in the tub! (obviously from the previous occupant) YUCK! Upon check out I mentioned it to the desk clerk who seemed completely disinterested in my comments. I am a loyal Marriott customer and know they can do better. With many other hotel options in the area, I will have to rethink a return stay here.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Todd R, General Manager at Albany Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2014

Thank you for your review. We are happy that you were able to enjoy our pool. I wanted to apologize for the inconvenience with the cleanliness of the bathroom and the AC not working properly. We will make sure to address these issues.

Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

Was there for Baseball Hall of Fame Induction-- found everything to be first rate with the exception of the front desk... They were too slow at check in and could not find bill for incidentals when I was checking out-- shuttle service from and to the airport was outstanding-- breakfast was great, dinner not so great. Room was small but comfortable.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Kwajkid007
Todd R, General Manager at Albany Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2014

Thank you for your review, we are happy that you were happy that you enjoyed your stay. I apologize that you were not pleased with the service upon departure and check in.

Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

Loved the comfortable beds and pillows. Rooms need updating especially the bathrooms. Our bathroom did not have a fan and the plumbing needed fixing. The bathtub did not hold water and the shower would not stop dripping when the faucet was on. When I turned off the faucet it continued to drip. I told the man standing by the desk on the way out and he wrote all the problems down. The staff were wonderful.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Becky63_11
Todd R, Manager at Albany Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay on TripAdvisor. We appreciate you taking the time to mention out staff and apologize for the issues you had with your room. I am glad to hear that one of our associates noted your issues and I am sure that they were taken care of for the next guest. Thank you for your courtesy and we hope to see you again in the future.