“OK service, but locked in the past”
Review of Albany Marriott

Albany Marriott
Ranked #19 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Reviewed April 17, 2014

The hotel was clean, but definately dated. As mentioned before, no free Internet in the rooms, which is not unusual for a Marriott, but when I saw that they charged $7 for 10 minuteds of Internet time in their business center, I was appalled. Time to get out of the 90s here and start competing with the rest of the world.

The room was OK, but situauated kind of strange. The toilet was on the wrong wall as was the bed. Had to look sideways to watch TV from bed. Not sure what they are thinking. On the bright side, the room was clean and the service was good. I think this place surviuves due to their conference center.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Todd R, Manager at Albany Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2014

Dear Leopolean,

Thank you for your review of our hotel on Tripadvisor. I appreciate your feedback and we are very sorry that you faced some challenges at our property. I am sorry that we were not able able to meet your expectations. Again, thank you for your feedback and I hope we will get the opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

Nice hotel but no free internet had to use Dunkin Donuts across the street. First time in seveal years I found a hotel that charged WAY TO MUCH for internet next time in Albany I Will stay at Hampton Inn next

Room Tip: If you want free internet access find another hotel
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Willy S
Todd R, Manager at Albany Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

Dear Willy S,

Thank you for your review of our hotel on Tripadvisor. I appreciate your feedback and we are very sorry that you were not able to use internet connection in the hotel. There is a fee for the usage in full service Marriott, but we are always happy to make it complimentary for the guest. Again, thank you for your feedback and I hope we will get the opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed April 1, 2014

Probably the nicest staff I have encountered at a Marriott property. Front desk, bar, and member lounge folks are very, very accommodating. Rooms could use an updating. Easy access to highway and airport. Lots of parking. Decent restaurants are nearby. Occasionally the landing aircraft can be a problem.

1  Thank F B
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I've been coming here regularly for the past few months and this visit was by far the worst. Our room numbers changed and I was unaware. My key still worked for my old room after 12 hours of having a new room... I dropped my bags off and left and didn't know the rooms changed so I was still able to go back to my room to get my bag but what if someone else was staying there.... Not safe! Not only that checkout isn't until late morning it's 430 in the morning no knock a woman walks in and goes guest services... Hello I'm sleeping goodbye! She thought the room was empty.. Thought wrong! Luckily hidden under blankets my indecency. Horrible weekend

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank MacHart345
Todd R, General Manager at Albany Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Dear MacHart345,

Thank you for your review of our hotel on Tripadvisor. I apologize that your recent stay was not satisfactory and appreciate your feedback.

You’re a valued guest; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience.

Once again, please accept my apology. We would like to regain your trust and we hope you will allow us an opportunity to provide you with an exceptional guest experience when your travels bring you back to this area.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

My daughter left her stuffed animal behind in the hotel room - I imagine it was thrown in the laundry with the sheets. 2 phone calls, and they found it and are mailing it to us (no charge!) HUGE relief! So helpful and understanding. I can't believe they even bothered to look for it!

In additon to above - Staff was super friendly and curteous, rooms clean, food good. We came with a bunch of friends for an event and we asked to be on the same floor and they accomadated that which most hotels can't or won't do.

This was our 2nd time staying in this Marriot and we will most likely stay again next year.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 1, 2014

This is a large, typical Marriott hotel and conference center. The rooms are nicely appointed with comfy bedding. The hotel has been crowed each time we attended a conference here. The staff is always friendly. Food served for those attending meetings is always ample, fresh and good. If you are not visiting for a meeting you will find many places to eat and shop within a couple of miles. Ask for a room that does not face the front of the building. The front of the building can get noisy at night especially when there is a wedding or event going on.

1  Thank traveler33951
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I enjoyed my stay at the Marriott in Albany New York. It offers all of the comforts you would find at home. The staff was pleasant and accomodating, especially Tirone who assisted me at the front desk and during my entire stay. As well as Philamena the housekeeper who greeted me each day with a warm hello and who kept my room spotless. The hotel is on Wolf Road which is located near a host of restaurants, grocery stores and a shopping mall. There is also an Olive Garden across the street. If you are in Albany on business or pleasure, I recommend that you stay at the Marriott. Free parking!!!