“I would go back” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #17 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Montreal, Canada
“I would go back”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

This seems to be a popular hotel for youth travelling teams - we saw baseball, basketball and football teams. They didn't bother us at all. Everyone was well behaved!

The hotel itself was quite nice. Great location on Wolf street, close to many popular restaurants and the highway.

The staff at the front desk were extremely friendly and helpful.

Room was spacious and clean. I loved that they had towel racks!! You don't find that often! No mini-fridge in our room. I think you had to ask for it? There should always be a mini-fridge... While the bed was clean with lots of covers and pillows, I found the bed to be too soft. Maybe time to replace? Bathroom vanity is not large enough - not much space to lay out toiletries.

I don't think the wifi is free. We had wifi included in our rate as part of a group booking, but it seems that there would otherwise be a charge for this. Odd - these days hotels always have free wifi!

Overall, it met all our needs and we were quite comfortable. I'd go back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Sterling Heights, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

Last minute travel to Albany NY so after long journey reached hotel around 11 pm. Really very good reception and very quick check-in. Become a Elite member got the execute room in 6th floor. The room is extremely good, well spacious and very clean. The morning breakfast is awesome fruits, dry fruits, bread, egg, juices etc.. Unlimited :-).
One small observation the pool and the lift are that much good and standard they should improve those.

Unfortunately the check out was very horrible she was very rude in the front desk I am little upset with that one. Otherwise the overall stay was really good.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

I was married in this hotel and have stayed here over the past twenty years, but these past two years every time I show up my reservation has issues and they don't have the customer service like they always have had! Instead of a king size bed you get two queens or a handicap room and for what I pay on certain nights of the week I would expect my reservation to be correct, but first when I questioned my reservation they say their all sold out so that I would except what they give me and that ain't right! I come here for the comfort and peace of mind! The comfort is questionable anymore when they can't live up to the reservation and the beds are feeling saggy! The food is still good with the lobby bar! The indoor pool area is also showing ware and with way to much chlorine in it! Hotel is also showing some signs with baseboards falling off in elevator lobby and hallway carpets have uneven spots like theirs lumps in the floor! You seriously can trip over them. The past three rooms I have stayed in have issues with air conditioning. The bathrooms need venting and plumbing fixtures need updating!

Room Tip: Call hotel to confirm reservations before you go and take the persons name and make sure you talk to...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Robert_VTexas

Travelers are raving about these Albany hotels

rochester new york
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

This property used to be a nice Marriott property, but has not kept up to the standard. Was here for business meeting. all of the conference rooms were humid and musty smelling. The only time I did not smell the mustiness was when I smelled bleach -presumably to cover it up.
There used to be a nice restaurant, open for all meals - now it is only open for breakfast - other meals are in the bar/lounge area, so there is no possibility for a quiet dinner. Conference meals have also decreased in quality. Our sandwiches at lunch were cheap, processed cold cuts, rather than fresh turkey breast.
Finally, when I mistakenly left a personal item in the room, I was promised by both the front desk manager and the housekeeping manager to have return calls within a certain period of time. Not one of these staff members returned the calls in a timely manner. After two days, the Housekeeping Manager returned my call, promised to call me back the next day with some resolution, but never called. I was disappointed with all aspects of this hotel stay.

Campbell Hall, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

Stayed on business for a meeting. Very nice hotel with comfortable furnishings. Staff was uniformly pleasant and helpful - every single one made eye contact and said hello. NIce touch. Large bar, lounge area, large meeting room facilities as well. Convenient to shopping, restaurants and airport. A bit of a drive into downtown Albany but worth it to stay in this great place.

Bossier City, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

We stayed for three days and were pleased with the friendly, professional way that the staff reacted to issues.

Wnen we checked into our room the AC unit was not operating. The outside temperature was 91 degrees and air conditioning was a must. We contacted the front desk and a maintenance individual arrived and confirmed our observations.
The front desk searched for another room on the Concierge Level. After a short time a bellman arrived with keys to a new room. The AC was operating correctly and we were satisfied. The bellman provided us with a voucher for free appetizers and drinks for two at the Marriott restaurant.

We asked the bellman when the Concierge Lounge was open and found out that it was not open on weekends. I was very upset because this is why we chose the Marriott over the Courtyard. As a Lifetime Platinum member I look forward to using the Concierge Lounge benefits. The bellman left with this information. (This was not noted on the Marriott website).

Shortly after I received a phone call from the Assistant Front Office Manager with an appology for our situation. She provided us with two free Breakfast buffet vouchers for Saturday and Sunday morning to compensate for the lack of the Concierge lounge benefits. We would have liked full Concierge lounge access for the comfort and quiet atmosphere that it provides but were ok with the compensation.

Our room was adequate for our needs and was cleaned professionally with the bottled water being replaced each day. We noted that the hotel is being updated with new carpeting in the hallways and rooms. The restaurant and breakfast area was comfortable with great service by the staff. The made to order omelets is a great ammenity.

All in all we were happy and would stay there again when in the Albany area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

I hadn't stayed in this property for some time, and found the room felt like it needed an update. In fact I had a small problem arise at one point, but I called the front desk and they were ON IT immediately. The food (breakfast) was very good, and the service all around was top-notch.