“Needs a facelift”
Review of Albany Marriott

Albany Marriott
Ranked #19 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this Marriott for a wedding in the Albany area. Location was convenient with many restaurants and shopping areas close to hotel. On arrival, we were quickly checked in. Front desk was friendly and helpful. We received a room on the 7th floor. As I was inspecting the room, I pulled back the comforter and immediately noticed a large stain on the fitted sheet. Housekeeping happened to be outside the door and quickly changed bedding. I went to take a shower and noticed one towel for the three of us. Another call to housekeeping and we were stocked with towels. Get into shower and notice tub filling with water due to clogged drain. Water pressure was good but water temperature was lukewarm. I need to iron a shirt for the wedding and pull out a wobbly ironing board. My three year old brushed the board walking by and almost got an iron on her head. Later on around 12am, I am awoken by girls arriving to their room next door. For the next three hours I listen to their conversation about guys like they are in the room with is. Between the annoying conversation coming through the un-insulated adjoining doors and the rattle of the loud AC unit/heater, I did not get much sleep. Bed was comfortable though. Next day I really take a look around the place and noticed how worn everything is. Place could really use some renovations. Not sure I would stay here again. If you are not traveling with anyone, I recommend requesting a room without the connecting doors.

• Stayed: April 2013

Reviewed April 26, 2013

I stayed here one night for a business meeting. Phone reservation was easy. Enjoyed the relaxing atmosphere and good food. The staff could not do enough for me. Immediate check-in before official time and extended checkout without fee. Helped me with the internet connection. I liked the blackout curtains and comfortable bed. Windows seemed to be locked shut so couldn't get outside air but room was nice and cool. Unlike some of the previous reviews, my all was clean, including the bathroom, and had usual amenities. Supremely quiet. Thank you!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 24, 2013

The hotel is nice, nothing too special, but the food was EXCELLENT! One lunch I had a burger with bleu cheese that was divine and I ordered room service the next night and had the chicken breast with mashed potatoes and sweet onions and it genuinely was one of the best dinners I've ever had in a hotel (and I've had many). I was on the Club level and the lounge was nice and stocked with finger food and drinks. Overall it was a nice stay.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I have been using this hotel for five years for business and pleasure and everyone from the frobt lobby staff to the waiter who delivers room service remember me, what I like and anything else that I need to make my stay a wonderful adventure. I feel that everyone cares about my stay and if I am happy. Rooms are very comfortable, clean and spacious.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I have stayed at the Albany Marriott many times over the past several years, usually for business or kids' sporting events. I was really disappointed this time around. I got in a little late but called to confirm my reservation. My room was ready, which was great. The room, especially the bathroom, was dirty. The tub was so filthy that when I touched a kleenex to the bottom to see if I was imagining things - dirt came up with the tissue. I called the front desk and they offered me a handicapped accessible room down the hall. It was somewhat cleaner, although the closet had a low rod so my clothes would have to hang hitting the floor. No one offered to have my bags brought down the hallway, and no one apologized or offered anything whatsoever the following day when I checked out. Both rooms were dusty. And I think the elevators and public areas looked run down. I will likely stay elsewhere next time around.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank L L
Reviewed March 21, 2013

We stayed there last week and was surprised to find the best service we have encountered at a hotel in a very long time. Every employee we saw greeted you with a warm hello and wished you a "great day". Their service in the restaurants was especially good. We went to the breakfast buffet and arrived at the same time as 40 college hockey players all in line. The staff offered to get us anything we wanted and bring it to our table avoiding this huge line. They did not have to do this and went above and beyond to make sure we had everything we needed without having to ask. Lunch was a similar experience in the lounge area. Our hat is off to you Albany Marriott.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 26, 2013

The room was clean, quiet and comfortable and in line with my expectations for a Marriott. We stayed there for a business meeting; the hotel was easily accessible and convenient to the office. My room was on the concierge level, and I enjoyed the breakfast at the concierge lounge. The hotel was everything I needed – efficient, a good night sleep and a nice fitness and business center. At over $225 for the night, I felt the room was on the expensive side.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business