“Checked In...30 mins later checked out!”

Red Carpet Inn And Suites
Red Carpet Inn And Suites
Ranked #43 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Reviewed June 10, 2011

Old building...smelled...no elevator...luggage carts....rooms had mildew....floors squeaked....bed was an old spring style with no box spring..beware!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank roadwarrior1231

Reviewed April 29, 2011

This was my second trip to Albany. I had previously stayed at the Hilton next door but in an effort to save money, i decided to stay at the red carpet. WHAT A MISTAKE
First of all, manager was rude and got an F in customer service.
Surrounding was not maintained and looked nasty.
The elevator was from the 1980's, smelt funny.
The hallway reeked of urine and was obviously not vacuumed.
MY ROOM!!
Smelly! Had to spray perfume so i could stay in there, there was a patch paint work on the ceiling. The dresser drawer was broken and falling off. The window would not open! The bathroom was clean but needed some work, the bathroom handles were shaking like they were about to fall off.

I travel alot and this is the first review i have ever written. TRUST ME it is not worth the cheap price for what you would have to deal with. Pay the $110 and stay at the Hilton

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 23, 2011

I booked my room from Travelocity & I thought I was getting a great deal. Travelocity bills your credit card before you even go. I reserved the room for 3 nights. We didn't have many choices for the time we went to Albany. There was a big wrestling sporting event going on so rooms were hard to come by. When I booked the room it was for 3 adults. Lobby didn't look to impressive since we were prepaid they gave up our key and sent us to our room. The elevator was really scary. If you put 3 people in eat w/a bag each you are cramed in it. When we opened our door and stepped in there was a bad odor. Luckily it was only by the door because I think that was because the bathroom was right there. Don't know where to start with all the complaints. They knew there would be 3 adults in the room but they left only 2 bath towels so that night we had to go and request more. The bath towels are so small you really need 2 for 1 person. First thing we noticed when we walked in was that they never even vacuumed the carpet. That made us want to inspect the room some more. The bathtub had dirt in it. The toilet was broke, you had to be carefull when you sat on it not to lean to much. The seal or bolts that kept it in place was broke. The light above the mirror did not work or the fan. We opened the curtains more and realized that 1 of the panes of glass were broke. To keep the glass in place they were using duct tape. You don't give you an ice bucket but they do leave a plastic bag to put ice in. Only 1 ice machine in hotel and the machine has no scoop to get the ice out so you have to use your hands. Their vending machines do not work either. The bed comfort wasn't that bad but you needed at least 2 of there pillows to even feel like you had a pillow. They were as flat as boards. You couldn't turn off the heater by the thermostat, you had to actually turn it off. Even if you turned it to air it blew out hot air. Most of the time we had it turned off completely, every once in awhile we would turn it on to warm up the room then turn it off again. After the first night we were gone most of the day on the second. When we returned that night I was quite upset w/the room service we got when we were gone. Beds were never made and the floor was still not vacuumed. They did leave up more towels that day and removed the garbage but that was the only thing they did. They never replenished the soap or cups so we went to the front desk again to got those. I also complained and requested that they make the beds and vacuum the room the next day. All I was told was that they always vacuumed and it was included in the price. Well I hope so but I informed them differently. And also made them aware that the floor was never vacuumed when we checked in so they better leave housekeeping a note to do it. We had a family emergency at home so we had to go home and couldn't stay that 3rd night. When we checked out we asked if they would credit our card for the 3rd night. We were told we didn't have to worry they only charge your card for the 2 nights we actually stayed. Later I received our credit card bill and noticed that we were still charged for the 3 nights so I calloed Travelocity since they were the ones that billed me. I found out that when I reserved the room I didn't read their disclaimer close enough. They do not issue refunds no matter what the reason. We might have gotton a refund if we would have never checked in and they were given at least 24 hour notice. I also found out their disclaimer says if when we checked in and were unhappy with the room we should have called them immedialty and they would have tried to find us a different place to stay. So I guess we live & learn with Travelocity. The the cheap price I thought we were getting wasn't so cheap since we paid for 3 nights instead of 2. The price we ended up paying for the 2 nights wasn't so cheap for that dump. Only stay their if you just need a place to lie down and sleep out of the weather, not worth much more.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank shute14846
Reviewed October 8, 2010

We stayed 2 nights at this location while we attended a couple of concerts in Saratoga Springs. We chose this location for price and internet access mainly as SS hotels were VERY high priced. Although a lot of it has been remodeled, it is still not the nicest place. Cracked and painted tiles in the shower. Old and worn carpet. Rather dingy. The bed was comfortable enough. It was cheap to stay there, but I think next time we travel to that area, we will spend a bit more for something more bright and up to date.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank suezyque
Reviewed June 5, 2010

Don’t be fooled by the nice photos posted by the Red Carpet Inn, Albany, NY. They are deceptive! We stayed at this hotel for three nights. This place is a colossal dump throughout!! I give it no stars at all. It is a place of indescribable squalor and stench. There are far too many complaints to list. I would seriously question any positive review of this hotel. It was the $50 bucks a night that was attractive. But I’ve learned my lesson. I got what I didn’t pay for!!!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 17, 2009

We stayed next door to this disgusting place and we were kept awake all night by barking dogs in there parking lot. Went in to talk to the desk clerk and he was rude and obnoxious. Called manager in the morning and he hung up on me after saying he didn't care. Police came and found the dogs in sweltering van in there parking lot with no food or water in ther own excrument. Police had to get information from workers on sight as manager and desk clerk were of no help. Lobby and hallways were so disgusting and the smell of the place was horrible, like urine? How can anyone stay there is beyond me.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kippersnack01
Reviewed January 14, 2009

I have been coming to Albany for long time.This was my first time staying in this Hotel. Hotel gave me newly renovated room. Room was great. Room was very clean.Hotel have been under renovation. Whan i was there it was very quite. I would like to say that thay are working very hard to renovating this Hotel.I wish tham the best.Hotel staff is the best persons i have ever met with my experience . Hotel location is the best.Everyone was there very respectfull.Room price is the best. Room have 27" Tv with over 80 + channels. Free wireless internet. Free coffee and dounts free calls too.When ever i will come back i will come back and stay here again.
Scott
stayed on 01/2/2009

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)