“Excellent place!”

Hampton Inn Albany - Wolf Road (Airport)
Ranked #12 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Woodstock
“Excellent place!”
Reviewed July 16, 2010

We stayed here for the first time in Albany. We were in the area for a family reunion and had just had a terrible experience at another hotel up the road. Hampton Inn found us a room right away. Service was excellent, room clean and very comfortable, lobby area and breakfast were great. Staff was very professional and made us feel welcome.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
New York
Reviewed June 28, 2010

Hits:
- convenient location
- economical
- relatively clean (but don't look closely at things such as room air conditioner cases)

Misses:
- desk chair could not be raised high enough
- AC in room "groaned"
- widescreen LCD TV but no HD reception, satellite TV with limited number of channels
- Internet could be pokey
- sink faucet flow reducer required a long wait time for hot water on upper floor
- took a ride to four floors to get a diet soda: one was out, one didn't have a soda machine, one didn't accept quarters
- small breakfast serving area difficult to maneuver in if there are a lot of guests

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Rome NY
Reviewed June 4, 2010

I stayed here because the conference I attended did not accept the gov't rate for federal employees (there were 'out'). This hotel was within walking distance of the conference and I am glad I did not stay at the conference hotel. The conference hotel would have charged $75 to use my laptop in the exhibition hall and $12.95 to use it in the lobby. This hotel had complimentary wireless service with an access code I only had to enter once, not every time I started my computer. The competing hotel provided a meager continental breakfast (no juice or fresh fruit). This hotel had a full hot breakfast plus fresh coffee, fruit (apples) and cookies always in the lobby. One of the conference organizers just wanted to check her email (she did not have a computer) and they would have charged her to use their business center (this is after bringing thousands of $ to the overnight conference!). This hotel has complimentary fax and business services. A much better value all around. This is also the only hotel I've stayed in that provided a computer laptray so I could comfortably use my computer as I watched their flat screen TV. An excellent value over all while maintaining tasteful surroundings. Oh yes, self serve parking is free and convenient and the hotel provides free shuttles to the airport and wolf road establishments. The 'other' hotel did not and it is much larger.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
Reviewed April 29, 2010

Just a very short drive from the airport, and conveniently located on Wolf Road (where the mall and many restaurants are located) for the suburban Albany, Latham, Loudonville area are located. Staff on the phone were nice and accomodated a late arrival notice without issue. The standard Hampton Inn breakfast (incudling those addictive make your own waffles) was convenient. The room was a good size, with free internet. The only minus was the somewhat soiled desk chair. The Wolf Road diner is just next door (convenient, but nothing fancy).

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Lake Placid, New York
Reviewed December 11, 2009

I flew into Albany from the West Coast. I was very ill with recovering from the swine flu. My husband picked me up and instead of driving up to our home in the adirondacks we we used our Hilton Honors and stayed at this hotel, as my plane came in quite late.
In leaving the next morning, i didn't realize that I had left my coat with a very expensive brooch that belonged to my great grandmother.
A week later when I fully recovered I realized I had left it at the hotel. I called them right away. The young woman at the front desk and the head of housekeeping called me right back and sent it to me the next day. I travel often, and lose things from time to time. But, it would of broken my heart to lose this. I cannot Thank them enough and on our flights out. We will only stay here!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
the Berkshires
Reviewed November 12, 2009

stayed just one night before very early flight. Staff guided us to decent nearby restaurant, were helpful about scheduling shuttle pickup. Room was large and comfortable, excellent bed and linens, roomy bath. We will definitely stay again. In fact, when we returned, we called a different Hampton Inn shuttle in error, and that driver brought us to the correct one with no problem at all. Staff was terrific, cheerful and on the ball.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Ringoes
Reviewed September 6, 2009

Very nice hotel. Quality service and clean room for a reasonable price. Check in Associate was exceptional. She was attentive and courteous. Room was clean, no problems whatsoever. Close to area airport, malls etc. Plenty of food establishments nearby, plus you get a decent breakfast included. Here for the Capital District Scottish Games.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family