Hampton Inn Albany - Wolf Road (Airport)
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$125
$85
CrestHill Suites Albany(Albany)(Great Value!)
$106
$159
Homewood
$127
Courtyard
All reviewswolf roadfront deskroom was cleanrestaurants and shoppingfree breakfastbreakfast areaoatmealconvenient locationwould stay here againeasy accessshuttle serviceparking lotlobbymallaccommodationsnyinterstate
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 7, 2008

Great value. Booked 2 rooms: 1 with 2 double beds, 1 with King. Very clean, modern feel. Nice bathrooms. Breakfast was good. Coffee offered in lobby at all times. Eat dinner at the "Cheesecake Factory" on Wolf Road, it's excellent. Would definately recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed January 4, 2008

just an average room, bed was real comfy. otherwise nothing special

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled solo
Reviewed December 2, 2007

One of the best in the area! Booked on Hotwire and got a great deal. I expected to be treated like Hotwire trash and placed in a room under remodel, but instead they gave me a great room, good view, and it had all the comforts expected from hampton Inn. The bed is the best, so be sure to set an extra alarm clock to get up! Good wireless Internet connection in room (free), and quality breakfast bar in the morning. The room is a little tight, but all the ammenities more than make up for it. Parking is 360 degrees around building, so you can park near your room for quick getaway. Never saw the maids which is good, and they were thorough in their duties. The room was really clean.

The GOOD:
Comfort, price, and ammenities. Location is very close to the airport and cheap gas station for rental car fill up. Breakfast bar had all kinds of goods in the morning, but they allow you to snack all day on fruit and cookies too. Staff very good and friendly. Wireless Internet worked fast, and the desk was comfortable.

The BAD:
Nothing other than I had to check out before I wanted to. This place was comfortable and I wish I could have stayed longer.

Overall:
Good bet if your doing business near Wolf Road and the airport. The diner nearby is clean and modern enough to conduct a informal business lunch or dinner. The lobby of the hotel can accomodate a small and quick business meeting as well since they have coffee and snacks available on the breakfast bar. The rooms are tight on space, but if you're not staying more than a few days it works fine. More than two in a room will be tough. The bed is super comfortable. Plenty of stores and food places on Wolf Road. This is by far the best area to stay in Albany.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled on business
1  Thank California_Wine
Reviewed November 4, 2007

I was extremely satisfied with my stay at the Albany Hampton Inn.

Our room was very clean and welcoming. The bedroom was spacious, well decorated and well lit. I was very pleased to find a note explaining that all the linens on the bed were cleaned between guests, even the comforter! This alone made for the best night of sleep I have ever had in a hotel. The room also had plenty of drawer space and a nice desk. The bathroom was also very nice, clean and spacious.

The night was very quiet.

I could not get a good WiFi signal from my room, no greater than 60%. This made my connection rather slow, but it was sufficient.

I did not wake up in time for the free breakfast, but from the empty setup, it look like there was a nice selection. If you miss the breakfast, there is a dinner right next door. There was free coffee, tea and hot chocolate in the lobby, but when I wanted tea I found the hot water empty for the entire night.

The fitness room was disappointing. There was a bike, a treadmill and a either a stair master or a cross trainer (I can't remember which). There were no weights.

Check in and out was quick and simple. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

My only complaint is the price. I thought $125/night was a little high, but this was one of the best deal I could find in Albany.

Stayed: October 2007
1  Thank whambam
Reviewed October 7, 2007

Stayed at the Hampton Inn near the Albany airport for one night and it was an "okay" place to stay. Did not seem to be up to Hampton standards though (compared to other Hampton Inns we have stayed in.) Had a room with 2 beds (mine was okay - but my husband said his was the worst night's sleep he had on our trip- uncomfortable; sheets wouldn't stay on the bed, etc.) They were very "skimpy" with the towels (one each and one washcloth each -- which we had to use at night since we had been out hiking/traveling all day.) We should have asked for more, but it was late by the time we got back to our room and noticed it. There were also hairs on the tub, stool and sink area (so it very obviously had not been cleaned well.) Good thing I travel with Lysol and Clorox wipes for "peace of mind". For the price, I probably would not stay there again if in the area.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple