“Great hotel best location”

Hampton Inn Albany - Wolf Road (Airport)
Ranked #12 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Reviewed August 3, 2011

Very clean and modern hotel. Very courteous staff. Free airport shuttle. The shuttle drops and gets you back from any location on the main road which includes the mall and at least 20 + restaurants . The breakfast was very good. Ideal for families and business travelers.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Mohitoswal

Reviewed August 1, 2011

I am a Diamond member with Hilton and I spend 250 plus days a year on the road . I patronize Hampton Inns on a regular basis. My stay was basically fine. I had to go through three refrigerators in my room till the maintenance man realized I had a bad receptacle. Two lights were burned out in my room and that also required another visit from maintenance to rectify.

I had a loud batch of neighbors with children over the weekend and this hotel stays very busy this time of year I am told. If I return to this area I may choose another hotel with more conveniences and perhaps fewer distractions in the evening while I am trying to get my paperwork and computer work done. Staff was responsive to my needs and were very friendly, something I have become accustomed to at Hampton Inns.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 28, 2011

My wife and I have stayed in this hotel twice in the last 8 months and there is not one thing to complain about. The king bed room is very spacious and it as well as the bathroom are extremely clean. The hotel is quiet despite being somewhat near the airport. The free breakfast is typical for the Hampton chain with everything including a waffle maker. The hotel is well located near shopping. This hotel may be slightly more expensive than some of the other hotels in the area, but there are also hotels that are more as well and you will not go wrong with this choice.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 20, 2011

We had a need to stay in the Capital District Area for a three week duration. We selected the Hampton Inn on Wolf Road for that stay (June 24 - July 15).

It was a decision we did not regret as it was one of the most enjoyable stays we have had in a long time. The room was an ADA room as my wife has some limiting disabilities and upon arrival, we found that we needed several additional items to improve our stay. Within 10 minutes, our requests were met.

I guess it all starts with your GM and we found Linda ready, willing and able to see that our stay was a most pleasant one. She introduced us to the Front Desk Staff, the Breakfast Staff and Housekeeping Staff and also the individual taking care of our room.

While we would like to compliment all staff. we did not get all of their names - so here are the ones we know that went out of their way to see that our stay was the best - and it was!

GM - Linda Neal
Front Desk - Joe
Breakfast -Ann, Rose and especially Tracey
Sales - Jerry

GM Linda Neal has surrounded herself with outstanding individuals that care for the guests that stay at the Hampton Inn. It shows in each and every employee we came in contact with. It is our pleasure to recommend the Hampton Inn - Albany Wolf Road to all wishing for an outstanding stay in the Capitol District Area.

Room Tip: Ask for it!
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 29, 2011

My husband and I stayed at this Hampton Inn for two nights on our way home from a cruise in New York. The hotel was exceptionally clean and the beds most comfortable. The breakfast buffet was more than we expected and such a variety of fresh and tasty foods. The staff were most pleasant. Linda, General Manager, is certainly an asset to Hampton. We will most definitely return.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank joansi58
Reviewed February 18, 2011

The hotel staff is very friendly and eager to help. The location on Wolf Rd. is ideal--it's close to the Interstate (but not too close), to the shopping mall, to the airport, and walking distance from an excellent diner and a unique coffee house (Professor Java's) and a Starbucks. The room was clean and comfortable; the breakfast is good, esp. the muffins; there's tea and coffee all day and night, and cookies too. We have family in the area and have stayed here many times -- we've never been disappointed in our stay. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank joe_andriano
Reviewed January 30, 2011

This Hampton Inn was the best i have stayed in. the location is ideal, and the shuttle drivers are more than willing to take you to airport or even the mall upon request. Each member of staff went above and beyond the level of expectancy. Breakfast is provided great in the morning. My luggage was missing from the airport, i was offered complimentry ammenities and a free ride to the local store to pick up anything i needed. when i asked for water they brought complimenrty bottles and breath mints. the small things made the stay even better. Rooms are every thing you need. service is supurb.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo