The Desmond Hotel Albany
$137
Hilton.com
  • Pool
$69
CrestHill Suites Albany(Albany)(Great Value!)
$107
  • Breakfast included
$137
$110
1,344 results
All reviewskoi pondindoor courtyardscolonial villageunique hotelfour poster bedconference centerbit datedclose to the airporthot tubshuttle servicenew yorkwolf roadtavernsimpsonsweddingconventionwallpaper
Reviewed December 14, 2013

This hotel has an old elegant charm in the way it is laid out, yet it has a large indoor pool and work out facility. The entrance had a fire going with comfortable seating for waiting or reading the complimentary paper. Staff were helpful and the room comfortable but rates were higher than I would expect. I had to leave without my breakfast order because of a backup in the kitchen.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

I came here for a business meeting and was pleased with the accomodations. The front desk was helpful when asked about using the iPad. The room was comfortable and overlooked the indoor garden below. Much nicer than looking at a parking lot.

Room Tip: My husband and I had breakfast on Sunday morning in the Simpson's. The waitstaff went the extra mile when I requested something off the menu. Much appreciated. Check out was smooth despite many folks checking in and out.
Reviewed December 10, 2013

At least 6 of my family members, including myself, had credit card information stolen after staying at the Desmond Hotel for my cousin's wedding. Since we all live in different states and all had erroneous charges added to our credit cards at the same time, we knew that hotel was to blame as the only common link. I also have family members that used a credit card at that hotel and nowhere else, and it got hit, so they know that's where the frau originated. After further investigation, I see that this has been happening for years at this place, and they claim their computers have been hacked, but I suspect it's much lower tech than that and that an employee is stealing credit card information to sell online. If I were to return to the area, I'd stay in a chain motel and skip the Desmond!

Room Tip: If you want to avoid the inconvenience of having your credit card company calling you to say they suspect fraudulent charges and cancelling your card, then I'd recommend staying elsewhere. This hotel should be ashamed of itself.
Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Betty R
DesmondAlbanyGM, General Manager at The Desmond Hotel Albany, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2013

Dear Guest,

Please accept our apologies regarding your family’s credit card information. We understand that it is a stressful situation, and we assure you that this has not been ongoing for years. Currently, we are working in conjunction with the Secret Service and a private technology firm in order to fully investigate and resolve this situation.

Tyler Desmond

Reviewed December 9, 2013

The chicken wings ( lemon and pepper) are a must...the rooms are clean and the hotel is very cute..I would definitely stay there anytime I went to Albany. The people were friendly. The parking was free. The conference center rooms were nice and check in was easy. The place looks like a little xmas village. Kids will love it here. I wish I could have stayed longer.

Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

The Desmond Albany is laid out like a historic village. Our room was very pleasant, comfortable and clean. A room on the 4th floor, overlooking an interior courtyard was charming, and midweek very quiet, with the sound of fountains providing a soothing background noise. I wonder if it is as quiet on weekends... There are other rooms that face a quiet back lot, if you don't want to be on a courtyard. The gym and pool are quite nice. It is far superior to downtown Albany hotels, IMO.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business