“Good Stay near Airport”

Express Inn & Suites
Ranked #22 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Arrived very late and left the next day. Checkin went smoothly, room was comfortable and had everything we needed for a good night's sleep. Breakfast was good with a nice selection of eggs, waffles, sausage, yogurt, fresh fruit, etc. This place is clean with no surprises. Great price and great place near the airport.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Stayed just one night there and throughly enjoy this hotel. It's not the greatest in the world, but for the price it's a very solid choice if your looking to not spend a ton of money. Rooms clean, showers pressure is good, refrigerator in my room, HDTV, etc. I

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We stayed in the hotel as a family of three. We had a two double bed room, which also had a mini kitchenette with fridge/microwave and coffee set up. The sink was actually filthy when we arrived and I had to call housekeeping, who looked at the sink and said" yup that's dirty", prior to squirting a cleaner and wiping with a cloth. Gee thanks.... ( and they missed some that I wiped out myself).
The sink is outside the bathroom, but the toilet and shower take up the entire bathroom, there is barely room to step into the tub or turn around in the bathroom.
My major complaint with the hotel is that the walls are paper thin. We could hear every word of our neighbors conversation on her phone even though she was only speaking at normal conversational levels. Not to mention TV, toilets or running water. Thank goodness the guests near us also seemed to go to sleep early so that we were able to finally get some rest.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank yankeemom
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Brought a small group to Albany area for a conference and chose this Comfort Inn based largely on value. We were about 20 minutes from our meeting site, but saving $50 per room compared with two hotels closer to the site more than made up for it. Good rooms, good amenities, good staff. Proximity to a shopping area was a plus for our group.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank TootSuites
Reviewed October 14, 2013

This is an older hotel but is being kept in decent shape. My room was clean and had plenty of space for work and movement. A comfortable bed and relatively quiet location made for a good night's sleep. The staff were friendly and helpful. Standard Choice breakfast fare but it was served in an adequately sized serving area, and that helps. This hotel is located a bit to the north of the city but Albany traffic makes it easy getting to practically any points. I booked this with an advanced payment of under $100. Though I would consider staying here again I'm not sure I would pay much more for this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We were traveling from Maine to Michigan and needed a rest before continuing our drive. We thought the hotel was very clean, updated decor. The linens were fresh, clean and the towels very white and soft. The mattress was very comfortable. We left before continental breakfast was served so can't comment on that. The price was very fair and reasonable and we would definitely stay there again if we were passing through. (Btw, the complimentary body lotion was fabulous and wish I could have had more to bring home.)

Also to mention: When we arrived, we had the last available room right by the elevators. We were hesitant about that, but no other rooms were available. There were some kids running around being noisy. The man at the front desk said he would talk to them to keep the noise down. He said to call if there continued to be noise, and he would take care of it for sure. We heard not one more peep and slept like babies. Thank you!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We had flown into Albany International the week before, rented a car, visited family in the Catskills, and returned to Albany to leave early the next morning. We arrived at the hotel and were pleasantly surprised with the super clean entrance and fresh look of the décor. This is one of the nicer Comfort Inns that we have stayed in. My plan was to return the rental car that night and use the hotel shuttle service the next morning. The desk attendant gave me all the right directions and arranged for the shuttle to pick me up after I returned the car and bring me back to the hotel. The next morning all went as planned. Since we left so early we missed the complimentary breakfast.

The room was immaculately clean and the bed was comfortable. All appliances worked perfectly!

There is also a nice mall across the street with some great national chain restaurants and a theater.

Room Tip: I also stay on the top floor (quieter) at least two rooms away from any elevators, staircase or ice...