“Nice hotel, Good location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of SpringHill Suites Albany-Colonie

SpringHill Suites Albany-Colonie
Ranked #14 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Floral Park, New York
“Nice hotel, Good location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

We had a family wedding close by and booked 4 rooms for a 2 night stay. The rooms were not the biggest we've had at a Marriott but they were clean and comfortable. There was no dresser to put clothes away which is a first for us. Breakfast was good and the staff friendly and helpful.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Carrie243, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Albany-Colonie, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your recent stay with us. I am pleased that you found our hotel to be clean and comfortable. We hope you will choose to stay with us again should your travels return you to the Albany area.
Carrie Friello

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Kidderminster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

This was our first stay at a Springhill Suites, and we were very impressed, Micheal on the front desk went above & beyond to make us feel welcome and was the highlight of our stay. He clearly loves his job and it shows! The room was fabulous, very spacious and clean. Coffee in reception 24/7, lovely breakfast - all good really!! Nothing negative to say! Great value for money.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for letting us know about your experience at our property. I love sharing comments like yours with our team. Michael truly is an asset to our hotel and we appreciate you recognizing him. I am very glad that our hotel met your needs and hope you will choose to stay with us again on your next trip to the Albany area.
Aiea, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

We were glad to check in to a nice, roomy hotel after nearly 20 hours of flying and airports. The front desk personnel were very friendly and helpful. I'm fully in agreement with the positive comments of others about the staff. The room was clean, with enough space to spread out our many bags. The furniture, bathroom fixtures, etc. seemed up-to-date. The bed was a little soft for my taste, but that's me. We had a shower/tub combo which was fine. The lobby area was very welcoming (newspapers, brochures, fruit). The breakfast area was also very nice, and the included breakfast was what we needed to start a long driving day to Niagara Falls. There's a good family-style restaurant (Delma's) a short walk across the parking lot and a seemingly very popular ice cream shop next door to the restaurant. We got a very good rate through Marriott Family and Friends ($89), so we would consider this place to be a real bargain in this area. All-in-all, it was what I was hoping this Marriott property would be.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Carrie243, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Albany-Colonie, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review letting us know about your recent stay at our property. I am pleased that our hotel was just what you expect when staying with Marriott. Our staff truly desires to ensure every guest has a pleasant stay while with us. Again, I am delighted that our location offered just what you needed and we look forward to having you stay with us again!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed our quick stay. Would recommend and will stay at a Springhill Suites again. We arrived late, Duane (front desk) had great recommendations for dining, which our family was in need of after a long day of traveling.

• Stayed October 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Carrie243, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Albany-Colonie, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay with us. I am glad we were just what you needed in a hotel and that Duane was able to help you out with dining options. I hope that you will choose to stay with us again should your travels bring you back to the Albany area.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

From check in to check out, I had almost nothing but overwhelmingly positive experiences during my 2 night stay at the Springhill Marriott. After hours of driving from Montreal with two young boys, being greeted by Duane at the front desk was EXACTLY what I needed. His calm demeanor and patience with my rambunctious crew was not only professional, but also reassuring. Duane had an incredible ability to help me organize my jumbled thoughts while engaging my children through out the check in process. Every question was thoughtfully answered and my boys loved being treated 'like real adults.' A+ all around, truly pleased to feel so welcomed at a hotel.

We stayed in a queen room. It was extremely clean, and the housekeeping staff promptly provided us extra towels quickly and catered to our needs with a smile. We did not get a chance to use the pool or enjoy breakfast during our stay. The kids loved having a fridge and microwave in the room, but mostly couldn't get over that the tv could turn to be seen everywhere in the room.

Check out was a breeze with yet another helpful front desk staff member. Katelyn assisted with directions and had us on our way in no time. Unfortunately, my only complaint about our stay was encountering Michael (who is somehow a manager?). He came off more like a TV used car salesman than customer service, interrupting the staff assisting me, forcing awkward conversation with myself and my boys, and generally left me with a sour taste in my mouth.

Other than that one isolated experience, this was my favorite hotel stay we've had as a family! I would suggest this spot to anyone staying with children as well as singles or couples looking for a clean and friendly hotel in upstate NY.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank mcre79
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay with us. I am so excited to share your comments with Duane and Kaitlyn. I do apologize that Michael came off that way and assure you he is just over the top friendly; I appreciate you letting us know so that we may have a conversation about this. We work hard to make all of our guests feel like they are at home while on the road; I am delighted that Duane and Kaitlyn did just this for you and your family. We look forward to having you stay with us again.
ottawa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

My husband and I were travelling through New York State and decided at the last minute to check in at the Springhill Suites Albany Colonie New York. Were we delighted at 12:00 noon to advise the clerk we would be back at check-in time and she said "you may check in now". What a pleasant surprise, we had been driving all morning and really appreciated the courtesy.

We went to our room and it was just lovely. Window opened partially, fresh air was welcomed, the room was very well laid out with a great place for the computer and a separate toilet and sink area along with a shower and vanity with another sink. This was all for $125.00 per night, small fridge and counter area with a microwave and coffee maker. The room was very spacious and very clean. We were just very pleased all over and will definitely make it a go to place on our next trip to New York State.

Room Tip: Very quiet and a little set back from the street,
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. I'm glad my staff was able to get you checked in and settled early. We understand how tiring a day of travel can be. I am excited to share your comments with my team. We look forward to having you stay with us again!
NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

You can't go wrong staying at a Marriot property and this one was very good..I loved the design of the suite..Just a little different from other hotel rooms.My suite and the hotel was very clean.They have a very small pool and a workout center..Free Wifi,,no problems at all with reception,,great service from the front desk. They even called to make sure everything was ok,Lots of free parking..The location is great..Restaurants and shopping very close by..My only problem with staying in this area had nothing to do with the hotel..I wanted to do some shopping but as soon as I left the hotel I was pulled over by Colonie Police and received a ticket for having tint on my windows..so if you have tinted windows just be careful..I didn't make it to the Colonie Mall to shop or see a movie because I didn't want to get pulled over again..

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review letting us know about your recent stay with us. I'm glad our location was ideal for you. I'm sorry the police had to ruin your otherwise perfect trip to Albany! We look forward to having you stay with us again.