“SpringHill Suites Albany review”

SpringHill Suites Albany-Colonie
Ranked #13 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Toronto, Canada
“SpringHill Suites Albany review”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Good service. Convenient location. Clean hotel. Family friendly. Close to downtown. Breakfast is good but crowded. Room should have been lil big. Washroom door was very hard to move. Had to struggle all the time.

Room Tip: this is good to choose
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Carrie243, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Albany-Colonie, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay with us. I appreciate your feedback and hope you will choose to stay with us again!
Carrie Kerr

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Fairfield, Connecticut
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We stayed one night at the Springhill Suites in June 2013. We paid $116, and we got what we were expecting. The hotel was very clean and everything worked fine. Each hotel employee we encountered was helpful and courteous. We had requested a crib prior to our stay, and the hotel honored our request.

There are a couple small things I'd like to point out. First, the breakfast situation was unpleasant. There wasn't adequate seating for all the guests to eat downstairs at 8:30 on a Sunday morning. We had to sit outside at the patio (and we were lucky to get the one table out there). The food itself was pretty blah (when it was available - the kitchen wasn't able to keep up with demand), but I've come to expect that of "free" hotel breakfasts. Second, the pool water was very cloudy. I couldn't see my feet clearly when standing in the 4 1/2 foot section.

On a more philosophical note, I'm not really sure why these hotel rooms are called "suites". It's just one room with a desk partially dividing the space. "Suite" seems to be a word that has lost all meaning (at least at this price point). Oh well, we understood what we were getting when we booked.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us. I did want to let you know that SpringHill Suites are considered suites in that our rooms are 25% larger than a standard hotel room; the rooms also come equipped with microwave, mini fridge and coffee pots. Also, SpringHill Suites has launced a new breakfast with more fresh and healthy options I think you would enjoy. I do apologize for the lack of space in the dining area, I know how crazy it can get on the weekends. I do hope that should your travels bring you back to the Albany area you will stay with us again.
Tonawanda, New York, United States
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I have stayed here numerous time for business in Albany and a few times on vacation trips. If you are coming through Albany on the way to some where or visiting the Capital District, it is a great place to stay. The staff is friendly, the free breakfast is very good. The rooms are a great size. Separate toilet room and shower, sink, etc room as part of your suite makes it easy for more than 1 person to get ready at a time. Very easy access from Interstate 90. Lots of restaurants and a mall very close by.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Carrie243, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Albany-Colonie, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to spread the word about our property. I am happy to hear that you've chosen us for your business and pleasure stays. My associates do their very best to ensure every guests feels welcome and "at home". I am excited to share your comments with my staff. Please let us know if we can be of assistance in the future.
Herndon, VA
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I wanted a hotel for my family (wife and two school aged daughters) and I to stay for the night on our way to Montreal. Albany was a good stopping point after a six plus hour drive and I had prebooked this hotel based on the TripAdvisor reviews and the hotel's close location off the interstate. This lodging was on par with other Springhill Suites we have stayed in. Check-in was fast and my daughters were glad they had toothbrushes to give as they forgot theirs for the trip. The only issue I would say is that it was missing a nightstand on one side of the bed. I think there should be a nightstand on both sides of a hotel bed. The shower was hot and had good pressure and the breakfast was as expected, although my daughters say the waffles were better than the other Springhill Sutes. And as with most other Springhill Suites, the Chupa Chups that are provided in the hotel lobby are a big hit.

1 Thank TerpVirginia
Carrie243, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Albany-Colonie, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am glad our hotel was the perfect stopping point for your family trip; I'm also pleased your girls loved our waffles and Chupa Chups! We look forward to your next stay with us!

Picton, Canada
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We booked 2 rooms for 2 nights, 4 girls on a shopping trip and we all were very happy with this hotel. The location is good if you are shopping since it is near the LL Bean mall. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The rooms were quiet, the beds were really comfortable and had lots of pillows. There was a mini bar and microwave, a separate area with a sofa, chair and desk area. The bathroom area is set up in a very convenient way. Everything was very clean. Free wifi. The price included a perfect kind of breakfast for me, yogurt, fruit, bagels, cereals, english muffins...lots to choose from. There were hot items but I didn't try them.

The staff recommended The Reel Seafood restaurant for dinner and they were right! It was great and I will do a separate review on that. We appreciated the recommendation.

My only disappointment was the pool, which really could be called a large tub. When we arrived it was under maintenance. The next day it was open but I don't think it should have been since the water was green and looked scary.

All in all, a great stay and we will be back in September.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. I am pleased that our location, rooms and dining options were a right fit for your girls' shopping weekend! We look forward to your next stay with us!
Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel and comfortable stay. Big king size bed. Super comfortable. Lots of quality pillows. Clean bathroom towels and carpets. Lots of room in the spacious room. Nice tv and lots of channels. Mini fridge and microwave. Continental breakfast was good but they couldn't keep up and things ran out like cereal, sausage and eggs. Nice pool, small but adequate. We had Chinese delivered to our room. Lots of restaurants nearby. Close to highway.
I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013
Carrie243, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Albany-Colonie, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us and for recommending us for future guests. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to having you stay with us again. Please let us know if we can be of any future assistance.
Suffern, New York
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night during a visit to Albany to attend grandson's graduation. We chose this hotel based on the ratings, and we were not disappointed. From the early check-in to our departure, the staff was outstanding, with genuine smiles and greetings. Our room on the 3rd floor was immaculate and appropriately appointed for the leisure or business traveller. Our king-sized bed was very comfortable and well maintained. The a/c worked well but a bit noisy. The bathroom was immaculate and fully functional. For a one night stay, our expectations were surely exceeded; and will plan to make this our regular place to stay during future visits to the area.

Room Tip: If you are a senior, apply for the special rate
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know of your recent stay with us. I am so pleased that you found our property to be well kept with a great staff. I know our associates are great and love when our guests see it as well. We look forward to your future stays with us.