“A great place with great people”

SpringHill Suites Albany-Colonie
Ranked #14 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I stayed at the Albany SpringHill off and on for over year, and while it is a myth that a hotel is like home or a staff can make you feel like home, the staff at the SpringHill does their best to make one's stay as trouble free, convenient and comfortable as humanly possible. Carrie Kerr has the textbook skill of managing the hotel with the dexterity of a winning football coach but never misses the opportunity of providing assistance with any request or issue, no matter how large or small. The staff is just short of excellent and seem to anticipate any request or need, more importantly they pay attention to detail. All of this and with a sense of humor and an uncanny ability to pick up when you have had a bad day.
The rooms,the building and the grounds are kept meticulously clean. The buffet Breakfast is well throughout and satisfying to even the most pickiest eater.
Without a doubt a great place for the lone traveler and particularly great for couples and families that want a clean, safe and friendly place to stay.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Room213
Carrie243, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Albany-Colonie, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind words about our property and staff; your review has made my day! We do our absolute best to make every guest feel "at home" while away from home and I am so pleased that we have accomplished this throughout your stays with us. I can't thank you enough for taking the time to post your review of the SpringHill Suites Albany!

SpringHill Suites~Albany

Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel. Michael, at the front desk is a true tribute to the Marriott standard of high service. The rooms were great and the hotel is clean and new feeling. We only stayed one night but I wish it were more.

• Stayed: March 2013

Thank you so much for letting us know about your experience at our property! Michael is a true asset to our property and we are lucky to have him on our team. I hope you have the opportunity to visit us again.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

We had stayed at a Springhill Suites hotel 3yrs ago near Great Lakes, IL & had a great experience so we decided to try this location. Our check in was quick & the young lady at the front desk was very nice & helpful! Our room was on the 4th floor away from the elevator so nice & quiet, very clean & the king bed was very comfortable so we had a good night sleep! The complimentary breakfast was pretty basic but nice to have available! We would definitely recommend this hotel & would stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Carrie243, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Albany-Colonie, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am glad that our property met your expectations. We hope you will choose to stay with us again the next time you are in the Albany area!

Reviewed March 3, 2013

We have a son who plays sports at UAlbany, so we've been visiting quite often this year. We initially stayed at Spring Hill Suites solely because of the price and the free breakfast (parents of a college student have to stick to a budget!), but it is the wonderful service at this hotel that has kept us returning! We tend to arrive at night, so we're greeted by Michael at the front desk, who is just a gem. He made us feel welcome from the first visit, by helping us find a late-night restaurant, suggesting places to visit, and hinting at some local shopping gems. Michael is a font of information and shares it willingly - what a great person to have at the front desk! Similarly, other staff members are helpful, kind, and polite. We won't even consider staying elsewhere when we're in Albany!

Room Tip: We have stayed here four times since October 2012, in a variety of rooms and haven't had a bad o...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank GayleTee45
Carrie243, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Albany-Colonie, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know of the excellent service you received while staying at our property. We are so thankful that Michael is a part of our team as he truly loves what he does, and it shows! I am pleased you have found your "home away from home" while traveling to the Albany area.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I must say my husband and I have traveled quite a bit, and covered quite a few states in the U.S. in the last ten years, but this is truly the first, very first time I have been blown away by the front desk checkin!!!! I arrived early to get settled in before picking up my husband at the airport and was immediately greeted by Michael. The most friendliest, beautiful smile, efficient hotel desk manager I have ever come in contact with!!! I have never been made to feel so special as I did with Michael. Upon picking up my husband and returning, as swamped as he was with check-ins, as I looked over and called out "I've got him", he immediately came from behind the desk and greeted my husband just as he had upon my arrival and made sure everything was to our liking. In all honesty, there is nothing about our stay that doesn't rate all the stars possible. We really love the decor and how the baths are situated with lovely glass pocket doors. Everything about this establishment is top notch in our opinion!!! I hope you are as lucky as we were to be greeted by Michael upon your arrival also. . . . SUCH A TREAT!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank DACOE1953

Dear Guest,
I am so pleased to hear about your experience at our property. Michael truly loves to welcome each guest in to our "home"! We are lucky to have him on our team. I am glad you also enjoyed the different decor of SpringHill Suites. We look forward to having you stay with us again!

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Have stayed in this fairly new property several times. Location is near the airport and all the restaurants on Central Ave and Wolf Road. Staff has always been friendly and helpful. Having stayed in many Marriott brand properties, this one is superior. The Courtyard and the Marriott on Wolf Rd can be very pricey, this place typically has good room prices. Albany can be expensive when the legislature is in session and when they are racing at Saratoga

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Carrie243, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Albany-Colonie, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Dear Guest,
I am pleased to hear that our property meets your needs when traveling to the Albany area. I love that we are so close to Wolf Rd, without having to be on Wolf Rd and deal with that traffic! Our staff truly does their best to maintain exceptional levels of cleanliness throughout the property and I am excited to share your comments with my team. We look forward to your future stays with us!

Reviewed February 7, 2013

I have stayed at a lot of Marriotts and you can expect very much the same thing, especially for similar brands. I had never stayed at the Albany-Colonie Springhill, but I gave it a random try. I was on a trip I did not want to make and was honestly in a very bad mood because of it, but the staff changed that right away. Right from the beginning the desk manager, Mike, was so friendly and welcoming. And this positive attitude is true of the whole staff, all of whom were also knowledgeable and professional. I've got to say, even the housekeepers were upbeat, smiling, always saying hello. Like most Marriotts, this hotel is up to standard, it's clean and spacious. But what really makes the difference and the reason I would recommend it is because the staff is amazing. Thank you!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Ronald O

Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your recent stay with us. All of our associates strive to provide excellent customer service but we all know Michael is simply "the best"! I look forward to sharing your comments with Michael as well as with the rest of our team. Please let us know if we can be of assistance in the future!
Thank you!