“Very clean” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #13 of 50 Hotels in Albany
East Coast
“Very clean”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

We had a nice stay at this hotel. I think the carpet had been recently shampooed, because it smelled awesome. The spacious room and bathroom were very clean and tidy. We loved the little extras like the plates, knives and forks for use in the microwave, and the free bottled water. Staff was welcoming and friendly. Our only complaint was that there was almost no seating in the breakfast area, and there was only 1 waffle machine (with a long line waiting to use it). If you're listening, we'd suggest a second waffle machine and some additional seating for breakfast (even if only temporary during the busiest breakfast hours), and the place would be just about perfect.

Room Tip: Higher floor will reduce road noise.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank vwnotabug
Carrie243, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Albany-Colonie, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay with us. I am pleased that you found our hotel to be clean and tidy. I do agree that our lobby area is not always enough room for the amount of guests that like to enjoy our breakfast and I do apologize if this caused any inconvenience for you. I hope you will choose to stay with us again, should your travels return you to the Albany area.

Carrie Kerr

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

Not a bad hotel. Front desk staff very friendly. Rooms are spacious and a free small bottle of water. Beds were comfortable and room was clean. I have one pickle with the AC/Heating unit: loud buzz that kept me up all night.

• Stayed October 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Carrie243, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Albany-Colonie, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay with us. I hope the next time you are in the Albany area you will choose to stay with us again!

New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

Although I stayed here for about four months but this hotel is ideal for short term stay. The hotel is at a great location, so, getting in and out is fairly easy. It's almost new so everything looks and feels great. Though the hotel has a pool and a gym but I would rate them 1.5/5 stars cause the pool is really tiny and the gym is just above poor. The rooms definitely needs improvement. The bed is great but the matress is uncomfortable. I often woke up with sore body. There is no wadrobe in the room so must keep most of the cloths in ludgage. Since the hotel was build without considering long term stay guests, the rooms does not offer a kitchen where you can cook yourself a meal. There is a mini fridge and a microwave available. Though you have to pay to use the laundromat but the hotel provides you with detergent and fabric softener.

Even with all the issues I mentioned, I would still recommend this hotel. It's cozy and the staff are friendly and cater to your requests/needs. Special thanks to Andrew and Michael for their outsanding service.

• Stayed October 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Carrie243, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Albany-Colonie, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Thank you for your review of your stay with us. I wanted to let you know we have a partnership with a local gym so next time you're with us please ask for further information so you can take advantage of the use of a full gym. I do hope that should your travels bring you back to the Albany area you will choose to stay with us again.

SpecialK55
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

I come here regularly for business and always return to this hotel. The rooms are clean and spacious, the separate seating area is a real plus, and I've never heard outside noices, traffic, or airplanes from my room. It's always a good night's sleep.

There was only one odd feature of my room (#426) - the toilet paper roll is placed on an opposite wall too far away from the toilet. I'm tall and have long arms and it was a bit of a stretch for me!

The shower was one of the best - not only in terms of pressure and temperature, but because the showerhead was raised high enough for an individual who is over six feet tall.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. Please feel free to let us know if there is anything else we can do to make your stays with us more enjoyable. We sincerely appreciate your feedback!

Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

The hotel was clean and the room had plenty of space for our family of 5 with free wifi and mini fridge too. BUT we had hoped for a fun place for the kids to swim - this pool is teeny tiny and chilly - very disappointing. If you plan to swim, don't stay here.

Room Tip: First floor was easy and quiet
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Carrie243, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Albany-Colonie, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at our property. I am sorry that our pool is smaller than most and did not meet your needs. I do hope that should your travels return you to the Albany area you will choose to stay with us again. Thank you for your feedback.

Montreal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

My family and I stayed at the Springhill Suites on Aug 12th and returned on Aug 17th, 2012. We've stayed here before on our way to NYC and we find it suits our needs perfectly. The hotel is super clean, the rooms are very spacious and the staff is very accomodating. The breakfast is included and is fine for what we need - enough to get us going in the morning. It's right off the highway, close to Colonie Mall and centrally located to many spots. It's a perfect night's stay. And, the beds are glorious - they are queen beds instead of doubles, and the mattresses are great! Slept like angels, enough to get our shopping strength back for the next day! The only suggestion I have for the hotel is they should have a luggage ramp in the back parking lot - it would make unloading our bags that much easier. Of course we would stay there again, anytime.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good frankly. I've never had a bad stay.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I am very pleased to hear that our property is the perfect fit for your visits to the Albany area. It's great to be centrally located to so many great shopping centers! Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us, your feedback is greatly appreciated. We look forward to having you stay with us again!

Southern California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

This hotel was comfort extraordinaire! Everything about it exceeded my expectations. The beds were excellent. The rooms were roomy. And the staff! Wow! I didn't get her name, but the woman who oversaw the daily breakfast went out of her way to meet our needs. This was my first time at a Spring Suites but it won't be my last. It was conveniently located to places I needed to go.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Carrie243, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Albany-Colonie, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us. I am pleased that we were your first SpringHill Suites experience and that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope you will choose to stay with us again, should your travels bring you back to the Albany area.