“This hotel is spotless”

Ranked #13 of 50 Hotels in Albany
NYC
“This hotel is spotless”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

The most important thing for a hotel to be is clean, clean, clean. This hotel is spotless.

The members of the staff were consistently welcoming, friendly and very helpful. The mattress and the linens were splendid. I asked in advance for extra bed pillows and they were on the bed waiting for me when I checked in.

The hotel was in every way as accommodating as a hotel of this kind could be. The hotel does its job well and everything runs like clockwork.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank george_w_tush
Carrie243, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Albany-Colonie, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Just want to thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am pleased that our property and staff were able to meet your needs. I look forward to sharing your comments with my entire team!

Carrie Kerr

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for a family reunion / visit to Saratoga Racetrack. Excellent hotel. Clean rooms, reservation as expected, big continental breakfast, free wifi, friendly staff. Easy access to Albany area, upstate New York, and Saratoga.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Carrie243, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Albany-Colonie, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Thank you so much for letting us know about your recent stay with us. We hope to see you again!

Mississauga, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

Stayed here in July 2012 with my kids....firstly, the most amazing front desk attendant (I think his name was "Mike"?)....so so pleasant and helpful....gave me perfect directions to everything and made the kids laugh....
All aspects of this hotel are awesome..very clean, large rooms, with a fridge, nice workout area with newer machines, excellent breakfast (get there before 8 to avoid a crowd), ample free parking and wi-fi was simple and reliable...breakfast staff were amazing - constantly clearing tables and cleaning them...hotel is right next to a HUGE mall...
ONLY ONE NEGATIVE.....the pool....it's tiny.......like 3 people in it seems crowded...and was SUPER COLD....

Room Tip: The rooms are all quite large...a higher floor is usually more quiet...we had no issues with noise a...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Carrie243, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Albany-Colonie, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. Michael is a great guy, we are proud to have him on our team; I'm glad he was able to help you out. We are currently investigating the temperature of the pool water, thank you for bringing that to our attention. We hope to have you stay with us again, should your travels bring you back to Albany. Please let me know if I can be of any future assistance!

Thank you again!
Akron, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

I was doing some work in the business centre at the hotel during my stay and could hear a young woman being interviewed for a job at this hotel (Ok, so I was eavesdropping). Everything the person interviewing her said about the place was true. They are totally focussed on customer service, the small team of staff work very well together and they pride themselves on the place. In addition to this, the room I had was excellent value, with a separate sitting area and workspace, and bathroom and toilet separated too. Great stay, great value and an even bigger selling point was not having to stay in downtown Akron which is dead after 5pm.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for letting us know about your stay with us. We certainly don't mind the eavesdropping! I truly feel that our associates and the level of service they provide is what sets us apart from other hotels. I sincerely appreciate your acknowlegment of this! I hope you will stay with us again the next time you are in the area!

Thank you again!
New Providence, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

The staff were extremely courteous and helpful. The front desk staff were very professional and the staff working in the breakfast buffet made you feel at home. Zelda was the star. She made sure that we had enough food to start our day and in my opinion, is one of the main reasons that I will stay there again. Cons: 1) the toilet is separated from the shower room and it just felt like the WC is made out of a closet (with a sliding door). It may be okay for a day or two, but for people who plan to stay longer, this might become painful 2) the swimming pool has way too much chemical in it. I swim almost every day in an indoor swimming pool. When I walked into the in-door swimming pool room, I felt my lung was about to be burned. They may want to either go easy on the chemical or open the sliding doors to allow for better ventilation. Though the gym next door has its own ventilation system, you can still smell the chemical. We ended up not using any of the workout facilities there because of the strong odor.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Carrie243, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Albany-Colonie, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay at our property. We sincerely appreciate your feedback. I will certainly look into the chemical situation in the pool as we do not want the levels to be too high so you feel that you can't breathe in there! Again, thank you for letting us know. We hope you will choose to stay with us again should your travels bring you back to the Albany area.

Lancaster, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2012

When we walked in the door we were greated by the most friendly desk staff. What an enjoyable group. They must definatley enjoy their jobs. Thank you both for being so welcoming. Our room had two beds and a sofabed plus a refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker. It was a really nice room. The beds were great. We slept well. The room was quiet - we didn't hear any hall noise or noise from other rooms. The bathroom got a bit steamy when taking a shower (no separate vent/fan) but at least the sink area was outside of the bathroom so it wasn't too much of an inconvenience. The breakfast was good. All of the normal items - well stocked by the staff. The morning we were there it was quite busy - but the staff kept up. We would definately stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Albany-Colonie, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. Our associates work very hard to make every guest feel at home while staying with us. Please feel free to contact me should you need any assistance with future reservations!

Woodside, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2012

We really enjoyed our one-night stay here. The lounge area in the lobby is quite comfortable and does double-duty in the morning as a dining area. There is an ample array of tables and chairs to accommodate the many diners who take advantage of the varied spread of hot and cold breakfast items. As a vegetarian, I was extremely pleased with the hearty hot oatmeal (not instant) with healthy toppings such as pecans and dried fruit. Our suite was equally lovely with a wonderfully comfortable king bed, pillows, love seat and desk chair. I was thrilled to find that the lighting was quite good (often rare in hotel rooms). Sliding panels separate the desk from the bedroom area which enabled me to read with a bright desk lamp without disturbing my sleeping partner (a definite plus). The only thing I missed having was a bureau with drawers. I want to add that the staff at the front desk were extremely helpful in assisting with a dinner recommendation and nearby car wash facilities.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Wind V
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We strive to accomodate all of our guests so I am pleased our breakfast selections were ample for you. I am excited to share your review with my staff. We hope you will choose to stay with us again should your travels bring you back to the Albany area!