“Comfortable and efficient”

SpringHill Suites Albany-Colonie
Ranked #14 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Reviewed March 31, 2012

We are regular Marriott brand travelers and this was our first stay in a SpringHill Suites property. The rooms are efficient (a work/office area is separated by Asian-inspired screens), and the spacious shower (no bath) is split from the toilet so that two guests can have access to the facilities at the same time. There is a microwave, refrigerator, and coffeemaker in a small bar-like area; this is not a full kitchen like some suites hotel brands but handy. The room was clean and quiet, the bed comfortable, and LCD TV accessible to both the bed and work areas. Downstairs, the gym looked compact but well equipped and clean; and we had a great time visiting the small indoor pool with our granddaughter. The free breakfast offered a good selection of the usual cereals, eggs, toast/bagels/muffins, yogurt and fruit and was attended by staff who replenished the offerings and kept the buffet spotless. We like staying at properties that have separate bedroom/workspace suites but this was convenient and pleasant for this stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Beth415

Reviewed February 21, 2012

This is one of the nicest rooms I have stayed in. I made the reservation on-line, and asked for a room by the elevator and extra pillows, and both were met! The staff couldn't have been friendlier. The continental breakfast was more than I was expecting. I didn't use the pool or workout equipment, but they both seemed adequate, and were right across from the elevator, so if you did use them, you didn't have to walk through the lobby all wet! I really enjoyed my stay here. The rooms are big, the bed comfortable, and the temperature was just right. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 4, 2012

The hotel is very new and with nice, modern decor. Some of the staff were friendly except for a few who did not sound as enthusiastic and they mostly just pass you by without a greeting. The rooms are clean and I will agree on the thin walls. However, in general the walls of almost all of these apartments in US is thin. It's common to hear the footsteps of those living upstair or the noise from the next room.

Breakfast was nice with a good selection and the cookies during the afternoons were yummy. The things I can find fault with is - if only they had a social hour and they definitely have to change all their pillows to better quality ones. Its too much of a mixture of different pillows that were not in a standard size and they looked old.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lyn L
Reviewed December 13, 2011

I visit the Albany area a few times a year for overnight stays, and since I have discovered this hotel I almost always stay here. I chose this hotel because it is pretty new and the rooms are nicely laid out with a living area with fridge and micro and a pull out couch with a half wall separating it from the bedroom area. We often stay with 2 teenagers, and they can hang out on the couch when we go to sleep. It has always been spotless. The staff are always nice and helpful, and the breakfast is good, with hot entrees like scrambled eggs and ham, as well as a waffle maker, and fruit, yogurt and the usual muffins and bread. There is a small indoor pool but no whirlpool or sauna. My most recent stay was Thanksgiving night, and they were shortstaffed for breakfast, and there were many people waiting for food which was slow to arrive. I have never seen this problem before though, and would not expect it if it wasn't a holiday. I would certainly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 30, 2011

From the moment I walked through the doors, I smelled the sugar cookies baking and the experience just continued to get better and better.

The staff was friendly and efficient and the room was amazingly quiet. I was on the fourth floor to the rear of the building and there was literally no noise internally or externally. The room were clean and bright.

My only disappointment was in the fitness center which lacked a cross-trainer machine.

Room Tip: Fourth floor, rear of building.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed November 17, 2011

We travel with 4 kids under 10 and enjoyed our stay here. Enough beds for everyone, amble room space, well decorated and very well kept room, nice included breakfast, and a tiny pool to splash around in. We were happy with the value and quality. We will stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 8, 2011

I have stayed at the Springhill Suites Albany-Colonie while attending a conference nearby for the past 4 years - always the same weekend near the end of October. I find this hotel to be a very relaxing place to get-away. The staff is exceptional - very attentive, friendly. Since I have been there several times, the staff seem like old friends! The rooms a very nice - BIG, roomy, nice set up, comfortable, quiet, great shower. The morning breakfast is adequate - good selections. The only complaint I have is that all the times I have been there, the Internet Connection has not been the greatest. The signal comes and goes, making it sometimes difficult to get work done that I need to do for the conference I am attending. I wish they could do something about this as I have mentioned it to them every time. I like the location of this hotel - just off the highway, near a beautiful Mall, set back off the main road for additional quiet - and easy to get to the conference I was attending. When visiting Albany, this hotel will be my first choice!

Room Tip: If you have any special requests, just ask - the staff is very friendly and accommodating.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business