“Surprising”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Came for Mother's Day was kind of skeptical since there was only one family there on this usually busy day. But to my surprise the fool was great we had the Seafood Combo w/ marinara sauce, spaghetti w/ meatballs, and chicken Alfredo. All was tasty and well seasoned. The wait for the food was not long at all. The waitress was very polite. Will come back again.

1  Thank S F

Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

Went here suring reataurnt week. It was not busy when my party of 8 got there. We ordered our meals and the service was great. Unfortunately the food we ordered was horrible. When we told the waiter he explained that there was a different cook on. I would not recommend this restaurant.

2  Thank Djb18
Reviewed April 3, 2013

It's easy to overlook V&R because of its proximity to Capriccio and Lombardo's on lower Madison Avenue. This was the second time my wife and I ate there on visits to Albany and we weren't disappointed either time. The service was friendly, the decor is unpretentious but interesting and romantic, and the food was excellent. We both had chicken piccata entrees preceded by wine and salads. This time we were in a bit of a rush, so we skipped dessert, a highlight of our first visit last year. The only disappointment was the number of empty tables, keeping the atmosphere from being as festive as it might otherwise be. I'll definitely be back.

3  Thank LPLover
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I don't understand the negative reviews of this beautiful eatery -- could it be an organized campaign to lower their ratings? My husband and I have dined at V & R several times, and have always found the service attentive (but not hovering) and the food excellent. The chicken piccata is superb! I love the decor -- elegant yet a bit eccentric -- and enjoy the ambient music, which is usually Italian opera. This has become our Italian restaurant of choice in the Albany area.

2  Thank Margaret_M_147
Reviewed March 8, 2013

The service was horrible. they are closed during their stated business hours quite often. You can not call to contact them to ask if they will be open as the phone line just rings... And rings.... And rings. after 3 months of trying I got groupon involved (groupon was awesome and super helpful), groupon got sold off them and told me v&r would contact me within 3 days to make a reservation, toom over a month... I'd rather eat at mcdonalds.

3  Thank iamdoof