“Fun spot close to Holiday Inn Express Downtown Albany”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Franklin's Tower - CLOSED

Franklin's Tower
Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Syracuse
“Fun spot close to Holiday Inn Express Downtown Albany”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

This was my third or fourth dinner at Franklin's Tower. Food is great and the site is in a unique historic older (although not "updated") building. Patrick is very attentive to customers in the bar. We had the opportunity to take advantage of sidewalk/outdoor seating which was great for our group.

Visited August 2012

Albany, New York
“Great food experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2012

Had a date night here last night and had a fantastic meal. The asiago tot app was great, and they had a 20 oz Ribeye on special which was cooked perfect. The place had a very nice menu with everything from chicken marsala, to salmon to quail. The prices were very reasonable for the quality and portion sizes. I will definitely go back, and would highly reccomend it for high quality food and service.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank BrandonA33
Albany, New York
“Fantastic Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2012

My wife and I have eaten at this restaurant for lunch and dinner. Last night we celebrated our wedding anniversary dinner at Franklin Tower. Each time we've eaten here the service staff is attentive to our needs and desire. The food is excellent. Full disclosure, I'm not a fan of swordfish. However, I ordered the swordfish last night and I found it delicious. I would order that again and my wife would order the Salmon Oscar. Not only was our meal excellent but the vegetarian spring rolls very tasty.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank Bob C
Chicago, Illinois
“Smaller bar with great food. Classy.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2012

From the outside and firat glance when walking in, my expectations were low. I took a seat at the bar since i was alone. There are only 6 booths and a couple table plus counter seating in addition to the bar.

Bartender was dressed very nice and was very friendly. I ordered an open face steak sandwich on garlic bread called the "bell & ledger" (i think that is the name). It was amazing!! Wonderfully marinated and juicy whule the bread hangs on to some of the juices. So so good. The bartender explained how it was made to keep the juices in it. Fries and clan chowder was good too.

Don't go for the atmosphere, go for the food and some drinks.

Albany, NY
“Decent food and service but feel tricked”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2012

Went here with a Restaurant.com cert - be aware before you purchase that you probably cannot use it because it's not allowed on event nights at 4 places. There was a wrestling tournament at the Times Union Center tonight, so couldn't use it. That said, arrived at 7:30pm on a Sat night, and there were 3 tables occupied and a couple of seats at the bar, so it was not crowded.
Thinking we could use the cert, we made sure to spend $50+ and ordered the Asian chicken wings which were very good, the pork tenderloin which looked good and I heard was, and the Filet with mushrooms that was also very good and cooked medium rare as ordered. I did try to order the quail but were told they were out (at 7:30 on Sat when it was not busy, hmmm). We weren't informed there was a salad, but it was a nice surprise, fresh and good. Food portions were generous as were the glasses of wine, along with there being a decent wine list.
I did feel tricked because with the restaurants days/hours and the limitations on the restaurant.com cert, it is virtually impossible to use it. After finding out about the wrestling tournament (are you kidding?) I came home and checked the next month for "events" and possible available dates to use my cert and came up with one - March 1. If I'm not wrong and there isn't some other "event" that prevents me from using it on that day.
So, I would probably go back if I was in the area for an event, but have a bad taste in my mouth from the experience with the cert so probably won't go out of my way to go and most likely will have to toss the cert as I doubt I'll ever find a date I can use it. The place is described as eclectic, and it's different and interesting. Go if you're in the area and want something more relaxed than Jack's.

• Visited February 2012