“Terrible...will NEVER stay again”

Best Western Albany Airport Inn
Ranked #26 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Reviewed June 28, 2010

Hotel needs to be leveled. Everything was filthy from the lobby to the hallways to the rooms. Even after addressing my concern to the staff, their reply was...."there is nothing I can do." Staff is NOT guest oriented and it's obvious the ownership/management has little if any care as to what the property presents as. I will NEVER stay nor, recommend this hotel...there are several hotels all around that are worth the 20 bucks more!!!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed June 6, 2010

They didn't follow through with cot service.
Told they had pool when reserving but it was reserved for conference.
Bathroom filthy
Blood on lamp shade.

We left 40 minutes after we got there

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 20, 2010

I recently stayed at the hotel while I was in the Albany Market on business.
The location is prime for any corporate or leisure trip to the area.Close to the airport, shopping malls, restaurants, etc... the area seems to be very safe and clean and close enough to the business district downtown. Plenty of free parking and a free shuttle service ( I did not use).
The staff are welcoming, friendly, pleasant, great knowledge on the area and provide great service. Check in and Check out was a breeze.
The hotel is certainly older and is in need of a face lift.... HOWEVER it is clean and comfortable and serves its purpose.
The complimentary breakfast was great! Complete, hot, fresh, and never ran empty. The meals served at the restaurant / lounge were good and very affordable, with many other national restaurant chains near by.
I did not have time to use the indoor pool, but it did look clean.
There saw a few event rooms at this hotel, in fact there was some type of a function going on during my stay. Seems like a nice place to hold a event.
All in all I would give this hotel 2 thumbs up and will stay again.I do hope to see some type of decor remolding on my next visit however.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 13, 2009

Check in was smooth, the room was fair at best. Air conditioner was loud and hard to regulate, you either froze or sweated. Walls were very weird looking, kind of creepy. Bathroom was tiny but clean. Common areas were tired and looked dirty, probably because of age. Breakfast was not very good and just seemed to be plopped in a conference room. I would not stay here again, I'll spend the extra $50 the next time and find a better hotel.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank pbw150
Reviewed August 8, 2009

Booked with hotwire, and they wouldn't offer anything but a smoking room, which smelled strongly of smoke. The bathroom wasn't as clean as we had hoped, and there were constantly small flies in the bathroom. The bathrooms in the common areas were in poor shape.

On the plus side, they have a nice, free continental breakfast. My wife also enjoyed the extremely warm pool, which is in a nice central atrium area.

All in all, it was not a great value, however.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 22, 2009

My first room assignment led me to open the door to a room with a pair of pants standing in the middle of the floor as if someone had just stepped out of them. That was followed by by a view of towels on the bathroom floor, the sound of the TV and sunglasses on the desk. I backed quietly out the door before I could determine the identity or gender of my mystery roommate. My next room was just the opposite; void of everything save a single hand towel, unless one considers gum and cigarette burns in the carpet, mold in the shower and used kleenex on the bathroom floor as company. The room had the tropical fragrance of a fine industrial solvent and the AC made more noise than cool air. Some of my colleagues checked out on arrival or the following day. I should have followed their lead. On the other hand, it brought back pleasant memories of my time in prison. I wouldn't wish this place on my ex-wife.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed July 19, 2009

I travel a lot, so I've had my share of different types of hotels and problems. I usually don't complain, but this hotel was particularly awful. The hotel was built in the 70's and has been stuck in a time warp ever since. Tacky decor and weird walls. The worse was the bathroom. It was small, dirty, and towels were paper thin. Soap scum in the tub and mildew all over the tiles. As with other complaints, the room generally felt dirty. There appeared to be a towel shortage and they never replaced all of them when they “cleaned” the room. The bed was very uncomfortable and had an old saggy mattress. There were tons of mattresses out in the back so maybe they are replacing them? There was overgrown grass around the building. Plus, the hotel is right under the runway for the airport. Staff was ok, but anyone who saw you in the halls would avoid eye contact and never say anything to you. The breakfast was not that great, I didn't eat it the last day. The hotel was not at all worth what they charged. There are lots of hotels around here for the same price that are much better and newer. Avoid this place.
A note on Best Westerns though – They are all independently run. Some of them are really nice, other ones (like this one) are “worse westerns”. Check the reviews before you stay at one.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business