“Nice room. Dark hallways” 3 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Albany Airport Inn

BEST WESTERN Albany Airport Inn
Ranked #22 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Clarendon Hills, Illinois
“Nice room. Dark hallways”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

My flight got canceled by Southwest Airlines and they paid for a night at the Best Western Hotel. The room was very nice as were the staff. I would like them to light the hallways with something better than a 25 watt bulb. It was kinda eerie walking through the hotel. I felt like a guy with a hockey mask was going to jump out of the shadows.

The staff was excellent.

• 4 of 5 stars
Emilyinalbany, Manager at BEST WESTERN Albany Airport Inn, responded to this review, July 19, 2014
To our valued guest from Clarendon Hills:

I’m sorry to hear that your flight had been cancelled. Thank you for your feedback about our clean rooms and cordial staff; this is the feedback we love to receive. Please don’t hesitate to contact us at the hotel if you do return to the Albany area, we would love to have you back.

Best Regards,
Emily Bauhs

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Hebrew first
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

We were just passing through Albany and spent one night in this hotel. The room was a good size and clean; the King- size bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was another story!! No shower curtain or grab bars in the bathtub, exhaust fan not attached to the ceiling and it's vent was clogged with dust.

The whole hotel needs redecorating and updating.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Joanne,

Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay at our property. I would like to apologize on behalf of our entire staff that your stay did not exceed your expectations. Please contact me directly, I would like to find out where in the hotel you experienced these issues, to make things right with you, as well as make certain our future guests do not run into similar experiences you encountered.

Gillett, WI 54124
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

We were traveling through Albany on a motorcycle trip with 10 other people and we called this hotel mid afternoon and they were able to accommodate us rooms next to each other. At check in the ladies were very nice and friendly. The area by the pool was nice to sit and relax. The continental breakfast was very good.

Room Tip: Nice place to stay but you are by the airport and you can hear the planes we were on the backside an...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
To our valued guest from Gillett:

Thank you for reviewing your stay at our property. I’m excited to hear that you were able to enjoy our indoor heated pool. The retractable roof draws huge crowds in the hot summer months. Please do not hesitate to contact us when you return to the area, we would love to see you again.

Cincinnati, Afghanistan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

I tried to complete a BW Wolf Rd Albany NY hotel guest survey earlier this week, but the survey wouldn't accept my BW Rewards #. It finally worked - after some trial and error - when no spaces were put in the number (i.e. not as they appear on the actual card #.) You might want to clarify this protocol in the survey instructions. Maybe I missed something on that page, but, just a thought that may help other guests.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Pete,

Thank you for bringing this to my attention so I can make sure to contact our corporate office about this discrepancy. Pete, I would like to thank you for making our Best Western your home in Albany!

Santa Clara, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

We got into the hotel VERY late. When we entered our room I thought we had entered a 70's movie. The walls were plaster with wave like shapes protruding from them. Very strange. The furniture appeared to match.

It was hot so we turned on the AC. It was REALLY loud. :(

The next morning we tried the breakfast and it was not bad. They had a huge room for it which was nice. :)

Ho hum. Great for a 1 night stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
To our valued guest from Santa Clara:

Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay at our property. So you noticed the structure of the walls in the room. A lot of people think they look like elephant ears. Although their shape is different, they do provide a wonderful sound barrier, so our guests do not have to hear what’s going on in adjacent rooms. If you’re ever back in the Albany area, we would love to see you again!

Kennedy, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

Fine. Why do I have to fill this in? I've told you everything you need to know. I was completely satisfied. How many characters does it take? I have spent my valuable time filling in answers to every question you have asked. Donna A Dort, Postmaster Retired Past President, New York State Chapter, National Association of Postmasters of the United States; Past Secretary/Treasurer, New York State Chapter, National Association of Postmasters of the United States ys

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Donna,

Thank you for reviewing your stay at our property. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. Please do not hesitate to contact us when you return to the area, we would love to see you again.

Best Regards,
Raleigh, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

This is an old property. It either should be razed or have a serious face lift. It is dark and outdated. The staff didn't seem happy at all (aside from the shuttle drivers). Reception is large and unattractive. The rooms had nice comforters and sheets but the bed was way too hard. I had to take the comforter off the other bed and slept on it. The a/c worked well and the towels were nice. Good pressure in the shower but part of the head unit came away from the wall. TV had more stations than most hotels. The furniture is old and dark. No outlet by bed. Curtains had tears. Bathroom had hairs on back of door (I'm just saying what I saw). Blow dryer had dust and hairs in vent.

The gym was probably the best part. More machines than most hotels with towels, two tvs and two a/c units. It took 20 minutes for someone to deliver a remote for me while I was at the gym. I thought that was excessive. Pool looked okay. Roof looks like it can be opened and closed above pool.

Breakfast was adequate. I believe there were eggs, some kind of potato and a meat. Bagels, bread and cold cereals and some fruit.

Free shuttle to and from the airport.

I really wouldn't stay again. Not worth nearly $100. Probably 65.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars
To our valued guest from Raleigh: