“I keep sharing the same recommendation about BW Wolf Road Albany NY” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Albany Airport Inn

BEST WESTERN Albany Airport Inn
Ranked #23 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Cincinnati, Afghanistan
“I keep sharing the same recommendation about BW Wolf Road Albany NY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

I must sound like a "schill" for the hotel, but - as always - a great value. Convenient location. Cordial and ever-helpful staff. Accommodating and friendly management. All the amenities I ever need, yet at a bargain price. Clean and safe, too. Congrats to "hosts" Emily Bauhs and "Nusair" who manage a great staff and who run a fine place to stay for a VERY attractive price.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank Peter M
Emilyinalbany, Manager at BEST WESTERN Albany Airport Inn, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Dear Peter,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our property. I am glad to hear you had such an enjoyable experience at our hotel, your business is very important to us and we value your feedback.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you return to the Albany area, we hope to see you again!

Safe Travels,
Emily Bauhs

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Hebrew first
Vermont
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

Stayed here recently since we had an early flight out the next morning. The place could use a thorough cleaning and makeover. The side entrance door was propped open with a rag and there was trash in the stairwell. I almost took pictures but decided not to bother with it. The room's crazy stucco wall was loaded with so much dust that you could write your name on it. Ick. Everything else was ok, and reminded me a typical Motel 6 - side of the road type of place. Nothing special. Then it turned out that breakfast was not included as they said. It was not available at the time we had to get up in order to catch our flight. They could have at least offered us a self serve option for coffee or something. We'll be staying elsewhere next time.

• 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
To our valued guest from Stamford, VT:

I would like to apologize on behalf of our entire team for the experience you had at our property. Our hotel does provide a Full Hot Complimentary Breakfast Buffet, daily from 5:30 AM – 10:00 AM, I am sorry this was not accommodating for your early flight. We do pride ourselves on our Customer Service and cleanliness; I am disappointed that your experience at our hotel was not enjoyable. Thank you for taking the time to provide our property with your feedback. Please contact me by calling the hotel directly; I would like to speak with you about your experience to make certain the issues are corrected for our future guests, and to make things right with you.

plymouth new hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

3/11/14
Our room was 234 located on the 2nd floor on the back side of the hotel. The room was clean & updated. The hotel is pet friendly ($20 fee).The staff is always polite & helpful. Free hot breakfast. Location is 1 minute of the 87 and under 5 minutes from the I-90.Plenty of stores/malls and restaurants within a short distance of hotel. The hotel does have an indoor pool and a fitness center. We had another enjoyable stay at the Albany Airport Hotel.

Room Tip: If you have a pet ask for a room in the Back
To our valued guest from Plymouth, NH:

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! We do enjoy being a pet friendly hotel and we’re glad you were able to bring your furry friend along for your trip to Albany! Our location on Wolf Road is definitely one of the most convenient places to be in the Albany area, please do not hesitate to contact us when you return to the area, we would love to see you again.

Rutland, Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

The hotel is in need of an upgrade, no doubt about that. The staff did a nice job and the shuttle to and from the airport was great. The beds were comfortable, the noise from pool could be heard in my room. Overall for the price it is tough to beat and I think the staff does want you to enjoy your stay, although they deserve to have some overall upgrades made to their Best Western.

To our valued guest from Rutland, VT:

Thank you for reviewing your stay at our property. At the Best Western Albany Airport Inn, we pride ourselves on our Customer Service and cleanliness. I am glad to hear you were able to utilize our complimentary Airport Shuttle service! If you return to the Albany area please make sure to contact me. I would love to assist you with any future reservations and I can make sure to get you in a room off of our pool.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

Despite the tired, musky odour, the hotel exceeded expectations in many respects. The linens and towels were good. Coffee was provided in the room. Breakfast was included. We had a 2 for 1 voucher for drinks in the bar. The shower and amenities were fantastic. Parking was included. The staff were very pleasant. A bedside lamp wasn't functioning and maintenance came and fixed it immediately. All for under $100...a good night's sleep for a fantastic price.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Emilyinalbany, Manager at BEST WESTERN Albany Airport Inn, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
To our valued guest from Nottingham, UK:

Thank you for staying with us, and taking the time to provide our property with your review. I do apologize for the maintenance issue in your guest room, though I am thankful our Maintenance Technicians were able to resolve the situation in a timely manner. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you return to the Albany area, we hope to see you again.

Safe Travels,
schwenksville, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

Room was very dark, toilet need help to flush, crack in counter in bathroom, lamp broken at base, electric cord on rug in front of door to pool, outlet falling off wall, pool gate unlocked, food nasty, dumpster overflowing, fire doors propped open and had no closer.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars

1 Thank Judy R
Dear Judy,

I would like to apologize on behalf of our entire team for the experience you had at our property. We do pride ourselves on our Customer Service and cleanliness; I am disappointed that your experience at our hotel was not enjoyable. Thank you for taking the time to provide our property with your feedback. Please contact me by calling the hotel directly; I would like to speak with you about your experience to make certain the issues are corrected for our future guests, and to make things right with you.

Buffalo, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

My stay was very comfortable. Room was clean and hotel staff was very good. Shuttle Driver called off sick so desk staff dropped me at the mall. Hotel staff went out of there way to make sure I was comfortable. Hotel is close to highway and dining.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business