“Best Western Albany Airport a good deal, good location”

Best Western Albany Airport Inn
Ranked #24 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Kent, Washington
“Best Western Albany Airport a good deal, good location”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Overall the best deal in the area for a combination of price and quality. Near airport, near food, and near the freeway. Breakfast was adequate and the service was great. I have stayed here several times in the last five years, and again, compares very well based on price with surrounding hotels.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I use this Best Western, because I fly in and out of Albany several times during the winter. They pick you up at the airport with in minutes of calling upon arrival and they always are very friendly. They have a nice little bar / rest and are very accommodating.... I also enjoy having the internet, you can print boarding passes for the next day...they have this right in the lobby.... I will continue to use this hotel as long as it is there....... :)

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

1 Thank susanrJ6235NT
Ruidoso
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Crappy rooms need of repair and UPDATING should be do drop INN. Id purchase new furniture and paint, fixtures, od a complete remodel. Rob at the front desk was the only saving grace at this place also the breakfast lady did an wonderful job with the tools she had to work with.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Emilyinalbany, Manager at Best Western Albany Airport Inn, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
To our valued guest from Ruidoso,

First, I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide our property with your feedback and apologize that your stay did not exceed your expectations. The Best Western Albany Airport Inn prides itself on our Customer Service and cleanliness. Please contact me by calling the hotel directly; I would like to see what room you were in, to make certain the issues you experienced are corrected for our future guests, I also want to speak with you to make things right.

Best Regards,
Dresden Mills, Maine, United States
Reviewed February 27, 2014

I was greeted by a very happy and attentive front desk staff and my room was just fine. My only complaint is the lounge/night time eating experience. I stayed two nights and ate dinner there both nights. The food is marginal. I think it goes from a box to the microwave or the freezer to the fryer. And the décor is pre-70's and original. Kind of dumpy and run down.

On the bright side, I was here for a meeting and the buffet was great. And service was wonderful.

Dear Jim,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our property. I apologize on behalf of our team that the restaurant did not meet your expectations, although I am happy to hear that the buffet for your meeting was enjoyable. Our restaurant and meetings do have the same cooking staff and I am curious as to what you had ordered that was not to your liking. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel directly, I would love to have the chance to speak with you about your restaurant experience and to make things right.

At your service,
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Friendly attentive staff, great breakfast with lots of place for all guests in the dining room. Warm pool water compared even to other Best Westerns. Close to great restaurants (cheese factory, red lobster...) and shopping :)

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Emilyinalbany, Manager at Best Western Albany Airport Inn, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Dear Robin,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our property. I am glad you enjoyed our complimentary Full Hot Breakfast Buffet, which as you know consists of freshly made eggs, pastries, freshly baked muffins, waffles, fresh fruit, yogurt, assorted cereals and breakfast meats (bacon, sausage, etc) daily. We appreciate your loyalty to the Best Western brand. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 518-458-1000.
We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Safe Travels,
Albany, ny, United States
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Room spacious, clean. Breakfast outsanding. Problem with housekeeping but just remember to keep "do not disturb" sign off door!! No noise from nearby airport. Bed very comfortable, lots of pillows! Staff at front desk during check in very helpful, friendly, courteous.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Rani B
Dear Rani,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at our property. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

It is policy for our Housekeeping Staff not to enter any room with a “Do Not Disturb” sign on the door, I apologize that this caused an issue for you. If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 518-458-1000.

Oneonta, United States
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I brought my kids here for "vacation" to swim and spend the night. Last year when I attempted to stay at this hotel with my children the pool was broken.... staff continued to say that it would be back up and running that day. Finally left. I like the set up of this hotel's pool side rooms so I tried it again. The pool was in working order, but that was about the only thing. We had troubles checking in, the staff was rude, lights outside our room by the pool didn't work, however the attached fan did. When we asked about the light we were told "a transformer blew and It will be fixed tomorrow..." The pool area was very dirty and didn't get cleaned until 5:00pm, the pool area was leaking in the morning, the breakfast was even worse... cold food, ran out of waffle mix, apple juice and ketchup. It was an overall awful experience.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Dear Jennifer,

I would like to apologize on behalf of our entire team for the experience you and your family had at our property. We do pride ourselves on our Customer Service and I am disappointed that your experience at our hotel was not enjoyable. As a property that is open year-round, we do occasionally need to close our indoor pool for routine maintenance and cleaning for public health reasons. I do hope that you will give us a chance to prove to you that your experience does not reflect the experience we wish to provide our guests. When you get a chance, please call me so we can discuss your experience. I would like to make this right. I look forward to getting the chance to serve you again in your future travels to Albany. Please feel free to contact the hotel directly and ask for me if you wish to speak about any aspect of your stay in depth.

Best Regards,