“Solid value”

Ranked #22 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
“Solid value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

My review is based on what my expectations were and how they were met. Everything lined up perfectly. The room was clean and neat. The bed was fine/reasonable. I spent 90 including tax so it wasn't the Ritz but it was good value. I was there for a convention the following day and the public bathroom was a bit of a mess but I think that had to do more with the amount of usage it received- I did see the custodian at the beginning of the day but towards the end of the day the bathroom was a mess again. The complimentary breakfast was average but effective. The one shinning highlight was the hotel bar and the friendly staff there. Michelle the bartender was great and you'd be blessed to have her. Just make sure you tip her because she busts her butt.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Emilyinalbany, Manager at BEST WESTERN Albany Airport Inn, responded to this review, November 30, 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you so much for the review. I would have to agree with you that Michelle is a blessing to have as a part of our Best Western Family. She loves what she does and it shows! I will make sure to share this comment with her and commend her for a job well done!

Emily

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Fishkill, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

My most recent experience at this hotel property was last week (11/13) as a meeting planner for a group of 80 meeting over two days. As others have said, the staff is awesome. One would have to search far and wide to find a more personable, professional, and responsive staff. Every single department head made a point of introducing himself/herself to me before the meeting, soliciting any concerns I might have, ensuring that I knew how to find that individual...and then following-up(several times during the meeting) to make sure that every little detail was being executed per plan and that there were no problems. Having managed meetings worldwide for up to 2,000 guests before, it would be impossible to surpass this experience at this hotel.

Rooms and facilities were just fine (the ongoing renovation, which is non-disruptive) will even improve upon that. Several of my guests commented upon the superb food - from breaks to lunches to formal dinners. Even my attendee guests commented that "this whole staff seems particularly attentive to our every little need, Boss!"

My team and I will definitely return in 2014 for more meetings. On a personal level, I feel like I have a new "home away from home" and I look forward to visiting my new found friends on the staff next week!

Thanks all, you made me look good before my team...and that makes my job a whole bunch easier! (And yes, those warm, chocolate chip cookies are to die for! o:)

Room Tip: I don't know that there is a bad room. Close to the parking lot would, I suppose, be more conven...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Emilyinalbany, Manager at BEST WESTERN Albany Airport Inn, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

I am so thrilled to hear and to know that your convention was such a great success! Being an event planner is no easy task and we completely understand how stressful it can be. By having our hotel staffed properly we try and make the meeting planners’ job as effortless as possible. We take pride in ensuring that our staff is accessible to our planners from the date we sign the contract to the end of the event. Last minute changes inevitably occur and I’m so glad that we were able to go above and beyond your expectations during your conference. It was a pleasure to have your group here with us and everyone at the hotel is looking forward to your convention in 2014. In the meantime, if there is anything you need please feel free to contact us anytime because we are and will always be here for you!

Westport, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

Let me start off by saying the staff at this hotel are terrific. Very friendly at check in and check out. Being a Best Western Rewards member they had a little goodie bag with a bottle of water, bath and body works trial size bath products, and a white paper bag of large bakery made chocolate chip cookies waiting for me. Very nice touch at check in. They also have cookies waiting for guests in the lobby!

The hotel rooms are clean, but the hotel needs massive updating. The room walls look as if you can go rock climbing and the two different times I stayed here on the ceilings you could tell where they did a poor patch job from a leak or issue from the floor above.

The beds were comfortable, nice tv, bathroom was clean and stocked with Pantene products. We had a room facing Wolf Rd and you couldn't hear any traffic or planes.

Lots of options for continental breakfast. Make your own waffles, cereals, yogurt, coffee, juice, eggs, potatoes, muffins, bagels, toast, tea, milk, oatmeal. Food hot and breakfast room kept very clean.

We stayed for a show held in the ballroom and they were very accommodating. If you don't mind the updates needed it is not a bad place to stay. If you book online and pay in advance you can get a great price.

Room Tip: Try to get rooms away from the pool.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Emilyinalbany, Manager at BEST WESTERN Albany Airport Inn, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience in this review. We value the loyalty of all our Best Western Reward Members and we like to acknowledge them with the welcome bags at check-in. I’m really happy to hear that you enjoyed it. We look forward to seeing you back in Albany again soon!

Morris, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

When i fly out of Albany I always stay at the Best Western Albany Airport because they understand travelers, the rooms are clean and comfortable, they really cater to travellers, RT shuttle bus service to the airport. And you can Park and Fly for a few $ more. I can travel without worrying about my car, about getting to the airport on time and possibley missing a flight. Its the only way to travel!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

New York Hudson Valley Region
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

Fresh, soft chocolate chip cookies were laid out at the Reservation Desk when I checked in- literally, a warm welcome. I was given the first floor room I requested and was told it was closest to Door 1 so I moved my car in the nearest spot. There was a "fire" in the lobby fireplace and the Business Center (only one computer but it was always available) was free so I used that. Guests taking a flight can print boarding passes at the computer/printer right at the front desk.
My room was comfortable and Wi-Fi was excellent and lots of TV channels. There was a plentiful breakfast assortment with fresh fruit, pancakes, waffles, eggs, bacon, French Toast, muffins, cold cereal..all fresh and tasty.
My only issue was finding my way back to the hotel in the dark. It's not well-lit and not easy to see from Wolf Road. And I was uncomfortable leaving my car and walking to Door 1 in a light so dim that I couldn't figure how to insert my key card. Then I had to walk even further to get into the main door.
Don't hesitate to select this hotel - it will be my first choice when I return to Albany

Room Tip: There's no elevator to the second floor so request a first floor room if you don't want to c...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Spokane
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

We arrived before check in but our bags were cheerfully stowed and we were directed to a great shopping area within walking distance. When we arrived back those same bags were lifted up the stairs by an efficient young man. While the site is in need of up-dating, the wonderful attitude of all the staff makes up for the eighties look. Breakfast was one of the nicest we've enjoyed in our travels.

Room Tip: Close to restaurants and a great mall.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank William E R
Los Angeles
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

We were booked for two nights. The first night at 3AM the fire alarm sounded. The PA directed us to exit to the lobby. We sat in the lobby for the 45 min to an hour that it took the fire department to give an all clear for return to the rooms. During this time the staff did not announce what was happening or what to expect. When we arrived at the hotel at 6PM the following day the fire department was there again. When we were finally able to enter the hotel we asked the staff what was happening and were told there had been an alarm but the fire department had given an all clear. My sister told them we couldn't afford to have another night of interrupted sleep. They offered a discount for the second night. We left the lobby to discuss if we wanted to chance another night. Just as we made a decision to stay the alarm sounded again. Needless to say, we decided to check out. I requested a discount due to the inconvenience for the first night but was told that the transaction was already processed. Given BEST WESTERN' s reputation I fully expected that a discount would have been given for the inconvenience without a request and just for goodwill purposes. Upon return home I contacted BW corporate and was offered a 20% discount card for another stay at any BW. How self-serving of BW to require you to spend more money with them to get a discount instead of a credit back to your credit card account.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family