“MARINE CORPS LEAGUE CONVENTION 2013 WE WILL COME BACK FROM NOW ON.”

Best Western Albany Airport Inn
Ranked #24 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Brooklyn, New York, United States
“MARINE CORPS LEAGUE CONVENTION 2013 WE WILL COME BACK FROM NOW ON.”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We Was There In January, And They Made Us Feel like family and this is why we went back and will keep coming back, EMILY THE MANAGER WAS GREAT ALSO KNOWN AS THE HAPPY MANAGER, she took care of us all in total 75 Marines was there no one had a bad thing to say about our stay.

They had the cleanest room i ever saw and the stay was great, when we needed to go any where they made sure that they took us in the shuttle and made sure we went to where we had to go and picked us up, The breakfast was hot, and good, coffee was there all the time, rooms was cool, NOT WARM, anytime we went out in the morning they would clean the rooms and make the beds, the pool was warm, had a better time when we was there in January, the whole staff knew all of us by name, mostly me, "PATRICK" because i guess i made a name for myself, :) it was so good that me and about 300 Members of the freemasons from new york city area will be there in september 2013, BESIDES THE MARINE CORPS LEAGUE. all the staff was great all day and night they were there all night, 24 hours a day, threw the whole weekend from thursday until monday, but because of all the staff and mostly Emily making our stay great, i will never go any other place when we are upstate on business , family function,friend gatherings, ans solo trips, just because i felt that i was home, because of the way they showed us love, and took care of us, you have, idea what you will be missing if you don't stay at least once, trust me they were great and i can't wait until we go back in September 2013 , and later date for the MARINE CORPS LEAGUE STATE MEETING. we even had Emily sit in with us to show her what we do and how we do it so she could make sure that our stay next time gets better as we come back, for another meeting, EMILY AND HER STAFF WAS GREAT, and look forward to seeing them again when we go back. THANK YOU EMILY, THE HAPPY MANAGER, AND STAFF FROM ME "PATRICK" AND THE NEW YORK STATE MARINE CORPS LEAGUE FOR TREATING US LIKE FAMILY, MADE OUR STAY SOMETHING TO REMEMBER ALWAYS. AS MARINES YOU KNOW IT'S HARD TO PLEASE US, BUT YOU DID, AND CLEANLINESS OF THE HOTEL PASSED WITH FLYING COLORS, MARINES ALWAYS LOOK FOR ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING TO MAKE SURE IT'S NICE AND CLEAN AND EVERYTHING IS IN ORDER, AND I HAVE TO SAY IT WAS, NO DOUBT A PASSING GRADE (A) PLUS. AS MARINES ALWAYS SAY "SIMPER FI" BEST WESTERN AIRPORT INN. SEE YOU SOON AND THANKS AGAIN!!!

Room Tip: if your going to get a room ask for a room near door 5 everything is right there, i stayed on the se...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
East Coast
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We stayed here 2 nights, 2 separate times. Location is central to food and gas stations. Check in and Check out was easy and the staff were very friendly. Can pay cash at check out if you want. Real nice staff, room was clean and comfortable. So good we asked to stay in the same room the night we returned in the center of the motel. Fridge was quiet. Microwave was clean. Coffee available in room. Has a simple but ample gym. Highlight was the the Server at breakfast. A sweet lady who puts on a real good, generous breakfast. So nice to have fresh fruit available. And she didn’t overcook the eggs or bacon. AWESOME! We will be back. Thank you for a pleasant visit.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
New York
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Had a special situation which required a late checheckout (I won't go into the details here). When I called the front desk they refused to entertain the idea of any checkout beyond noon. Not only that but they were quite nasty about the idea. Find someplace that believes in customer service. There are plenty of options in this area.

Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Topeka, Kansas
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We were welcomed and assigned a room very quickly. It was nice and homey. The room was fresh, clean, and welcoming. The bed was really nice and comfortable. The breakfast was plentiful and well attended. It is to bad we had to catch a flight out early the next morning, because I would have liked to stay a bit longer and used the pool.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Deerfield Beach, Florida
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Our flight from Ft Lauderdale was delayed, so we didn't get into Albany until 11:30PM. At the last minute we decided to stay in Albany before continuing our trip to Vermont. I made the reservations for this hotel from my iPhone at the Ft Lauderdale airport. No problem. We requested at king size bed and with an AAA discount thought the price was a good value. After getting our rental car we went to the hotel and was pleasantly surprised. The staff was very friendly and apologized to the short wait while they checked someone else in. The hotel is older, but it was clean, the room was large, bed was comfortable with plenty of pillows and coffeemaker. We went to the complimentary breakfast which was scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles, muffins, bagels, cereal, bread and fresh fruit. The hotel is centrally located between the airport and I87. Would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 15, 2013

My flight was canceled and I was stressed out when I checked in. The staff made my stay so relaxing I let go of the stress & enjoyed my stay. They have a free breakfast that was open until 10 so I was able to sleep in & still enjoy a casual breakfast. Thank you!!!

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Bubbles0821
Reviewed June 11, 2013

My company is located a bout 2 miles from here and I stay here whenever I need to go to Albany office. I stay here once a month at I am always pleased. The hotel while older looking is really a wonderful stay. I enjoy the easy parking, the friendly greeting, easy check in where I am even being remembered when I check in due to frequency of stay. The check is has evolved the last two years or so from a nice box of delish chocolate chip cookies to now a gift bag with waters, soap, lotions etc. Another perk added is the 2 for 1 drinks at the bar ticket you get at check in. The bar is a bit dated but again dot let the looks fool you. The food is amazing. I have tried almost the entire menu but love the onion soup, burgher and ribs. Everyone is so nice and friendly. The room is always clean and has just what I need. A clean comfy bed, tv with all sports channels and clean bathroom. Since I am there for work no time for pool but looks clean and big. They added a lift to make it handicapped accessible now which is a nice touch. Breakfast is self serve, free and has incredible variety. The hotel really makes the fact I have to go to the office and be away from wife and child easier to accept. Thank you.

• Stayed May 2013