“Convenient and clean”

Best Western Albany Airport Inn
Ranked #24 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I stay here frequently as it is very convenient to the Albany Airport. The property is looking worn in places but the rooms are clean and well maintained. There are also many good restaurants within walking distance. I found most of the staff to be warm and welcoming.

Room Tip: There are no elevators so if you have mobility issues ask for a ground floor room.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Best Western Albany Airport Inn

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Got stuck in Albany on a layover and chose this hotel due to location and price. Hotel was very old and outdated. Room was musty and did not smell great. Towels were stained, and bathroom door did not latch. No elevator, took awhile to navigate to our room. Ceiling tiles in the bathroom did not drop down properly. The toiletries on the sink were open and used. The breakfast was ok and the staff was friendly and courteous, great shuttle drivers to and from the airport, but I did not feel safe or comfortable at this hotel. Would not recommend and won't return.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

Our stay was very pleasant. The lobby is good but on the way to the room it looked pretty worn out. The room was great though. A flat screen TV, nice beds, and the staff is really friendly. Oh, and the price was great. Including a FULL breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Our stay was Saturday March 30,2013
We have stayed at this hotel about every 3-4 months for the past 4 years. Never have we had a bad experience. Emily Bauhs runs a terrific hotel.
Friendly, helpful staff, great location, rooms clean and updated.
Location under 1 minute off I-87, about 5 minutes off the I-90.
Plenty of stores/restaurants in a very short distance from the hotel.
NOTE: The Hotel has a FREE shuttle and will drive you.
Hotel: Clean & updated, indoor pool with a retractable roof & an exercise room.
Our room was 158 that opened directly into the pool area. Very nice!
Free hot breakfast has a variety of options.
Pet friendly for a fee of $20.00 PER pet.
They do have a park/sleep & fly option (never tried it)
This Hotel is my favorite hotel I stay at! My only complaint is that they seem to have changed the Pet policy to $20.00 per pet. I never was charged $40.00 before and at that seems a little excessive so in July I may just continue on the 3 ½ hour ride I have left and go straight home instead of stopping to rest and break up the ride.
I HIGHLY recommend staying at this hotel.

Room Tip: ask for 1st floor poolside
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Breakfast was good, rooms are dated and found ants in our room. Took 45 minutes to get a drink in the bar because the bartender also delivered the room service food. Broken equipment in the exercise room.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Emilyinalbany, Manager at Best Western Albany Airport Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

Dear Valued Guest:

We appreciate your feedback and are sorry to hear that your stay was disappointing. I assure you the feedback you left will be addressed with the appropriate departments. I would love to have the opportunity to speak with you to go over in more detail the experience you had while staying with us. Please feel free to contact me at 518-458-1000. Again our apologies for the problems you had and we hope you would be willing to give us another chance next time you are in the Albany area.

At your service,
Emily Bauhs

Reviewed March 11, 2013

I was stuck in Albany due to airline delays from the snow. The Best Western was really close to the airport and everyone couldn't have been more accommodating. The staff is really friendly-- they have a free shuttle that will take you to and from the airport as well as any place on the main road the hotel is located on. The bar in the hotel was fun-- good drinks at good prices. There is a very nice mall right down the road with a movie theater and tons of cool stores. I was so pleased with my "being stuck" being turned into a fun and relaxing night in Albany.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Had an early morning flight on Sunday morning, and knew that it would mean driving an hour on icy roads unless I stayed overnight near the airport. Best Western was a great choice! Comfy, clean. Thanks!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple