“Excellent Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #23 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Orlando, Florida
“Excellent Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for one night as my truck was being worked on at a nearby shop. The hotel is pet friendly for a maximum of teo dogs under 80lbs with an extra fee. They do have a shuttle that'll come and pick you up with your pet provided they're in cages. The hotel is centrally located with many restaurants within walking distance and there is a onsite restaurant/bar which serves decent food. There is a indoor heated pool that does have a retractable roof and some rooms have their doors right off the courtyard/pool area. The only bad thing was that there's no guest laundry, but you can take the shuttle to the nearest laundromat. The rooms themselves were very nice. Mine had a full, if not small, bathroom, VISIO flat screen HDTV, microwave, and small refrigerator. It also had a desk/work station and a small table with chairs, ironing board and iron. They say there's truck parking available but I didn't see a dedicated lot for large trucks, 18 wheelers, or RV's but they do offer a truckers discount. This is a very nice place and will deffinately be coming back here in the future.

• Stayed January 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Coasterjunky

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Montreal
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

Visited the hotel in late December for about 4 nights, and one could say that it was like visiting the " ICE HOTEL" . The room was okay no real problem, BUT, when we (my wife and teenage son) entered the room it was freezing. We actually keep our jackets ON! The heater was not on and when it was turn on it took well into the next day to get it to a livable temperature. Even the hallways are not heated!! In fact when we asked for some more blankets, which we received in a timely manner, the hotel employee was actually wearing a snow jacket to make the delivery!!! I think it would be a wise decision on the part of management to "Heat" the building accordingly.
Other than that, the staff did there best under the circumstances, including a satisfactory breakfast selection.

Room Tip: In winter make sure the heat has been turned on in the room!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Schenectady, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

I have stayed here in the past and whenever I am in Albany I always come back here. Emily the hotel manager is one of the nicest and most accommodating person(s) you could ever meet. I always ask for a clean set of sheets whenever I check into a hotel and they have always obliged in a quick and tidy manner. I also like the feel of their dinning room/bar(cozy) and have always had great conversations with their bartenders especially Michelle. They also have a great shuttle that will bring you to all the shopping centers near by or the Airport. The hotel doesn't really catch your eye from the road but looks are deceiving!!!

Room Tip: I personally always just get a Non-Smoking Room.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Emilyinalbany, Manager at BEST WESTERN Albany Airport Inn, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Dear Ralph:

Thank you so much for this great review of the hotel! It was a pleasure being able to meet you during your last stay. I wanted to thank you for your willingness to inform us that you do prefer having the extra set of sheets on hand in your room. I will make sure the next time you stay with us that we have them waiting in your room upon your arrival.

I am pleased that you thoroughly enjoyed our restaurant and lounge Scenario’s when you visited. Michelle is a terrific bartender and I will make sure to commend her for making your dining experience pleasurable as well as memorable!

Please let me know when you are returning to the Albany area so I can personally assist you with your reservation.

Vernon, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

Staff has always been very accommodating to my needs. Extremely friendly from the front desk all the way to maintenance crew. They really make it feel like a home away from home.

Rooms are clean, cozy and comfortable. Restaurant service is tasty & quick. They have sociable bartenders and professional staff at front desk/offices.

Mike

Room Tip: Ask for rooms away from entry ways.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Emilyinalbany, Manager at BEST WESTERN Albany Airport Inn, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Dear Mike:

Thank you so much for all your kind words! This review means a lot to us because we really take pride in hiring the right individuals who enjoy their positions and like being a part of our Best Western Team. I’m thrilled to know that this does not go unnoticed by our guests!

Thank you for the rave reviews about our restaurant. Seeing that you dine with us four nights a week I’m glad that our daily specials keep you coming back night after night!

Mike I’m so grateful for your loyalty to our property and it has been a pleasure getting to know you the past couple years. You will always have a home with us in Albany!

Huntsville, Alabama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

We were bumped from an airport flight. Sent to this Best western near the Albany airport, not too
Pleased to be staying in ALB another night. Well the staff here made us happy to be spending the night! From the shuttle driver, to the front desk, to the sweet girl, Michelle, in the pub, we were
Pleasantly surprised. A most enjoyable evening. Such thoughtful and friendly staff. We hope to
Have an excuse to stay here again. Thank you Albany Best Western.

Room Tip: Because it was just the two of us both adults, near the pub/restaurant was perfect.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank penny L
Emilyinalbany, Manager at BEST WESTERN Albany Airport Inn, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

I really appreciate you taking the time to write this comment describing the experience you had at my property while being stranded in Albany for the night. Being an airport hotel, we deal with passengers that have been stranded at the airport on a regular basis. Knowing that stranded passengers coming from the airport may be having a stressful day, we make every effort to ensure that we provide a bit of sunshine. I am glad you found your experience to be so positive. In addition, I am so thrilled to read that you had such a great experience in the restaurant with Michelle. We are adding a scrumptious new menu later this year that we are really excited about. If you return to the Albany area, please do return to our property. I would love to meet you in person. Thank you again for the kudos!

plymouth new hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

Our stay Thurs 12/20/12 for 1 night. Pet Friendly ($20). Under 1 minute of the I-87 and less than 5 minutes off the I-90.
Staff is friendly ,rooms updated and very clean. They have replaced the ceiling fans in the pool area and that is a nice much needed touch. The hotel has an indoor pool with a retractable roof and some rooms have direst access to the pool. Free (safe) parking. Usually they have cookies at the front desk when you check in.There is a new fitness center in the hotel, it is not huge but everything is new and it has what you need to burn a few calories and get a work out.Plenty of malls/stores /restaurants less than 5 minutes away (hotel shuttle will drive you). Free hot buffet style breakfast. They do have a park, sleep & fly option but I never have needed to use it.
This is my favorite non resort hotel, I stay at this hotel often when I travel but Trip Advisor only lets you review the same hotel every 3 mo.

Room Tip: ask for 1st floor poolside
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank drdavid5
Dear Valued Guest:

I would like to start off by thanking you for taking the time to leave this review. Reading such a positive comment makes us feel that all of our hard work and continuous updates and improvements are not going unnoticed by our regular guests’ like yourself. Our new fitness center was created in December 2011 and we have found it be a great success. I’m thrilled you liked our new ceiling fans in our pool area. Our plan this year is to re-paint the pool and the deck area surrounding it. The retractable roof over the pool is always a huge hit in the summer because it allows our guests’ to sunbathe while they swim or it can add a neat ambiance at night to be swimming under the stars.

As you pointed out we are not a resort hotel however the majority of our guests are business travelers that visit the Albany area frequently. We are very centrally located on Wolf Road where a number of restaurants and shopping centers exist which makes it very convenient for our guests to have all their needs right at their fingertips.

Our entire staff from the associates that check you in, to the housekeepers that clean the rooms, to the restaurant and banquet staff, everyone here is dedicated to ensure that we exceed all of our guest’s expectations with each visit.

Thank you again for your review and upon your next visit to the Albany area I would love to get the opportunity to meet you in person.