“This is the "Best" In Best Western”

Best Western Albany Airport Inn
Ranked #23 of 50 Hotels in Albany
venice beach, ca
“This is the "Best" In Best Western”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

This hotel is great and the staff is even better. Not only was the hotel itself a great stay but I left my wallet in my room, checked out and remembered it later that day.

Upon calling the manager, she promptly (without red tape or talk of liability) FedEx'ed me my wallet and still had the cash. Honest business anyone?

This is what makes a business (especially a hotel) a comfortable, clean and safe place to stay.

Thank you Emily and thank you to your staff. I'll be back!

Ron Kimball
Venice Beach, CA

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Emilyinalbany, Manager at Best Western Albany Airport Inn, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Dear Mr. Kimball:

I wanted to start off by thanking you for taking the time to share the experience you had at our property. Our staff takes pride in ensuring that each guest that walks through our hotel leaves with a smile on their face!
When our guests leave their belongings behind we do our best to make sure it gets back to them. We are constantly making improvements in our hotel while keeping in mind that the number one priority is always guest services which you so kindly pointed out in your review.
Thank you again and we all look forward to seeing you back in the future!

At your service,
Emily Bauhs
Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed August 9, 2012

This hotel does it right, and I have stayed at a number of Best Westerns! Check-in was handled by a smiling and genuinely customer service oriented staff; and I found this to be the case whether it be morning afternoon or evening. The room was incredibly large with a nice workstation, refrigerator, and premium bedding; I stay in hotels a great deal so the size of this room was a nice surprise. This property also serves a "HOT" complimentary breakfast which was also unexpected, with scrambled eggs, a potato dish that was different each day as well as french toast, bacon or sausage, the usual pastries and beverages, but with make your own Belgian waffles and a few extras on the weekend. The free WiFi is fast and the atrium covered pool is very nice, with the location on Wolf Road putting you conveniently close to the airport, great restaurants, and shopping. I came away very impressed both with the hotel and the staff---this hotel is a good value and I would definitely recommend this property to anyone. Two thumbs up!!

Room Tip: If you plan on using the pool--which is very nice, ask for first floor rooms in that area as the pro...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Kincardine, Canada
Reviewed August 7, 2012

We stayed at this hotel overnight on our way to the east coast. Great location right off the interstate and close to shopping and restaurants. Very close to the airport for people who are traveling by air. Not much to look at from outside, and dated decor, but friendly front desk staff and ok breakfast. We had a room with a door to the adjoining room and could hear the conversation from the next room, which was annoying. Beds were comfortable enough, not the best and not the worst I have slept on. Ok for an over night stop and free breakfast was good.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Binghamton, New York
Reviewed August 1, 2012

The roms were so clean. The staff was friendly and accomodating. The pool was great. The breakfast was a real bonus. The Shaker Room was great for our family togethers, I highly recommend it for vacationers who are visiting Saratoga Raceway.

Room Tip: With kids the poolside are great!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
plymouth new hampshire
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Our stay was Sunday July 22, 2012 for 1 night.
Another great stay at this Best Western! The rooms are clean & updated and they always seem to get us a room on the 1st floor poolside! The room has a coffee maker, refrigerator and a microwave. The pool is indoors but it has a retractable roof that the hotel opens depending on the weather. The staff is always friendly & you get a free hot breakfast in the morning. They do allow pets and the fee is only $20.00. There are plenty of restaurants, malls/stores in the area within a short walk/drive or you can have the hotel van drive you to the mall. We really like this hotel and plan on going back next month. Great Job!

Room Tip: Ask for 1st floor poolside
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Auburn, Maine
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Where do I start?? The room we got was next to the pool because all the other rooms were reserved for a conference. So we basically had no choice in rooms....wasn't happy about that! The room was ok, though a bit crowded; the worst part was the A/C unit & the Wi-Fi. A/C kept going on an on/off cycle and so the room was not cool enough and I had to use my small fan which thankfully I had in the car(brought from home). A/C was also very noisy!!
The internet connection was pitiful in the room-my husband even went to their business center and no luck there either!! Needless to say he wasn't very happy!
Bathroom was too small, tub wasn't draining properly... The wall decor(with some bumps like design on the wall) was a bit scary...
The only upside was that the breakfast room was roomy and they had a good selection of food-fresh waffles, toast, bagels, donuts, potato wedges, scrambled eggs, (sausages and french toast the next day instead of biscuit and gravy), dry cereal, muffins, fresh fruits etc...
We had to attend a college orientation and this was the only hotel we could get last minute. Location of hotel is good. Would probably not stay here again, especially my husband will not, since everything about this hotel made him livid!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank gvd48
Southeast Kentucky
Reviewed July 22, 2012

My wife and I stayed here one night while heading home from vacation. We had a great stay. The staff at check-in were very friendly. The property is a little older but seems to be well maintained. Our room was spacious, very clean, and quiet. The walls were very unusual. I have attached photos to show you what I mean. I liked it. I've just never seen anything like it. The bed was super comfortable and very clean. The pillows were super comfortable. The furniture was in good repair. The wireless internet had a good signal, but it kept losing connectivity. It wasn't very useful. The shower had good water pressure and a nice massaging shower head. There was enough water pressure that it worked well. One thing to keep in mind is this is a two story building with no elevator. If you get the top floor,you are going to have to carry everything upstairs.

Overall, we had a great stay and wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: I'd go for a bottom floor room because there are no elevators to take you to the second floor.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple