“Friendliest Staff in Albany”

Best Western Albany Airport Inn
Ranked #23 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Bristol, Rhode Island
“Friendliest Staff in Albany”
Reviewed June 13, 2011

I stayed with some family members while getting sworn into the New York bar. They were beyond accommodating and the shuttle drivers were truly fantastic. There's a mall and some nearby eateries that they'll take you to and pick you back up from when you're ready. Being located a bit outside Albany this service was great. If you can, get a room that walks out to the pool. It's a little "motel-ish" looking, but it was clean, convenient, and the customer service was an A+. I'd go back again.

1 Thank SerendipitySari

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Plattsburgh, NY
Reviewed May 31, 2011

We stayed at the Best Western Albany Airport Inn on our way back home from a family funeral. It was about half way to our home and we were tired and just wanted a safe, reputable place to stay. We never stayed there before, but the price was right (about $100 per room with taxes, etc.), and we booked a reservation en route. The staff members were friendly, reserved our rooms quickly, there was no delay checking in at 11 PM, and we got 10% discounted for Triple A membership. Yes, our initial impression was that the hotel was older and a bit "tired". Probably our greatest concern was that we noticed a lingering cigarette odor in the hall outside our room, and a slightly stale odor in our rooms. It would have been nice to have windows that opened to allow fresh air. But our rooms and bathrooms were very clean, the beds with duvets were quite comfortable, and even though we were at the end of the hall near the exterior door on the first floor, we didn't hear a sound. It was quieter than I expected. We didn't have any problems with furniture or appliances. The internet worked fine for our daughters. We had a wonderful mini fridge (which we used) and microwave (which we did not) in the room. We enjoyed a very nice assortment of foods at the free breakfast. Checking out was also a breeze.

Here is my real praise, however. The staff was great!! We stayed one night and checked out the next morning. We were home by noon. Our daughter discovered she had left her good luck charm, a tattered blanket scrap, in the room. She discovered it 15 hours after we arrived home (at 2:30 AM!). I immediately called the front desk, and they told me to call the next morning. I did, and the young lady was most accommodating. She spoke with housekeeping, and someone from housekeeping had found it and placed it in the lost and found! Jubilation!! We received the blanket today. I am so grateful that someone found it and returned it. I think that the staff is caring and concerned about their visitors, and I truly appreciate that. They went the extra mile for us. True, it's not a deluxe hotel. We have stayed in deluxe hotels in Albany, and have paid more than twice the price for a room with no breakfast. But I would stay at this hotel again based on our experience.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank travelmom95
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed May 29, 2011

I enjoyed the stay at the Best Western Albany Airport Inn because as a business traveler I didn't need to purchase an extra breakfast or car. Their breakfast was great at this hotel with eggs, pancakes/waffles, cereal, coffee, and even a yogurt. The shuttle took me to my work destination and picked me up with no charge! The management did what they could to make the trip a pleasant stay.

1 Thank AlbertM058
Bellerose Manor
Reviewed May 17, 2011

I had the pleasure of working with Stacie planning our stay, meetings, luncheon and banquet dinner with her. The meeting rooms (3) were set up basically the way we needed but there were a few changes. No problem we had the BIG help of Juan. He was there asking if we needed anything and when we did we got it as fast as he could. We couldn't ask for anyone better. The staff were friendly, courteous, helpful..what more can I say they were great! The food was excellent. Served hot when it was suppose to be hot. Thats a big thing for me because I like my food hot when its should be, once it gets cold I won't eat it.
Everything was well organized and when something came up..no problems. There were 100 people at this convention and not a bad thing was said about Albany Airport Inn. This hotel is staying in my files for a convention in the future. I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

1 Thank MaDukes412
Reviewed May 1, 2011

Experience tells me to not expect much from a Two-Star facility, but this establishment is a notable exception. There is no doubt that I received more than my money's worth during my short stay in Albany.

First off: all the staff I encountered - Emily the Manager included – were affable, cheerful, and hard working. The Housekeeping staff seemed to be constantly in evidence, and always greeted me with a warm “Hello. Can I get anything for you?”

The well furnished (double-queen) room was large enough for the two of us, everything therein (plumbing, TV, etc) worked perfectly, and the cleanliness throughout was fine. The beds were comfortable, and stocked with twice the number of pillows we required. The ice machine was located close by our room, and it Actually Worked as expected. Although this motel is very close to both I-87 AND the Albany Airport, there was absolutely no discernible sound from either at any location within the building. The free Wi-Fi service was easy to connect to. I used it frequently and encountered no problems with it during our one night stay

Something I never do is order Room Service, but because this was a brief business trip involving a long drive there 'n' back we weren't inclined to embark on an “out to dinner” restaurant search, so we opted to order from the (VERY reasonably priced) Room service Menu. Although we selected only soups, salads, & one appetizer, the quantity, quality, and presentation were superlative, in the Better Restaurant class; and it turned out to be way more than we could consume in one sitting. Our waiter even declined the tip I offered after my observation that he had walked - cartless - the heavy tray along the entire length of the building from the kitchen to our room. Despite the fact that a 15% gratuity is clearly displayed on the menu, I thought this feat of cartage warranted something extra.

We arrived characteristically late - about 15-minutes before closing - for the Free Breakfast, but the one assigned waitress continued to dutifully stock the buffet. There was a more than sufficient quantity & variety of fare to satisfy anyone; eggs, french toast, ham, coffee, milk, tea, juice, yogurt, muffins, cereal, and (truly) fresh fruit. The hot items were actually hot and not overcooked.

The swimming pool is located in a covered courtyard which connects the new and older sections of the building. I wish I had been there long enough to use this amenity.

Despite what was noted in a prior (and very recent) review, this is Not a Non-Smoking Hotel and that is correctly designated on its website. Guest room areas are segregated between smoking & non-smoking, and I could smell no residual tobacco odor in any of the common areas of the building.

As to cleanliness, I saw little lacking anywhere in the room or common areas. The exterior windows were in need of a wash, but this visit occurred in the Spring shortly after a long & hard Albany Winter.
By the way, my Bedbug Test Kit found nothing in our room during our stay.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank ChrisD46
Cicero, New York
Reviewed April 19, 2011

This was a return trip for us. We stayed at the hotel about a month ago and had a couple small mistakes made, this trip more than made up for the last. The hotel on both stays was very clean and comfortable. On this trip we had dinner at the hotel restaurant and we were both surprised what a wonderful meal we had. Emily took exceptional care of us and personally made sure everything was perfect. My husband and I have never been taken care of so well anywhere we have ever stayed and will for sure be going back!! Thank you again for making sure we had a great time!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rcrplus2
Sundre, Alberta
Reviewed April 17, 2011

I would not trade the service and people employed with this hotel for any upgrade while staying in a 4* hotel. Nusair Bawla, the owner, actually came to the airport to pick me up because the shuttle was going to be another 45 ,minutes! I was tired and there for a medial procedure and I was overwhelmed with the kindness.

• Stayed March 2011