Best Western Sovereign Hotel - Albany
$137
Hilton.com
  • Pool
$69
CrestHill Suites Albany(Albany)(Great Value!)
$107
Hotels.com
$137
$110
1,018 results
All reviewswafflesindoor poolhot breakfastone night staynew yorkbwcollegecampussunymicrowavehospitalthruway
Reviewed August 5, 2010

Recently stayed at this BW as I was in Albany for a wedding. Overall it is an average hotel. On the plus side: they have a great breakfast included, they are very close to many locations in Albany including shopping, colleges and downtown, they have a great pool and lots of free parking. On the negative: the rooms need to be updated. The bathroom door in my room was hanging by one hinge, the shower curtain rod was about to fall off the wall at any second, the desk chair was broken so if you sat on it you almost fell out and some staff were not very friendly. Overall the hotel itself offers a great rate for the night so I might lessen some of the negatives.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 30, 2010

This is only a short 1 day max 2 day hotel to stay if your flight gets delayed. This hotel is dying for renovation. The wallpaper in the bathroom was peeling off and the ceiling tiles(why would you put ceiling tiles in a bathroom I don't know) had water damage. . I've stayed at other Best Westerns for a lower price and they were in much better shape. Staff and Cleanliness A+. The breakfast was lackluster. I paid $93 with tax included (AAA member discount). NOT WORTH THIS PRICE. Only stay if you can get a $60-$70 total price for it.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
SovereignHotel, General Manager at Best Western Sovereign Hotel - Albany, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2010

Thanks for your compliments about our cleanliness and pleasant staff.

Our property has recently changed ownership and we are in the process of upgrading and renovating our rooms. The air conditioners, bathrooms, beds and furniture are all scheduled to be replaced in the near future. I hope that when you plan on returning, you will see these changes in person.

Reviewed May 19, 2010

Stayed one night each way during trip to VT. Very dated, but seriously clean. Wireless,
pleasant staff, business area for printing, better than average free breakfast in hotel rest. and nice neighborhood for walking. Close to airport.
However, huge ballroom which is booked for weddings, etc. Staying on weekends could be far different than staying on Tuesdays.

• Stayed: May 2010

I appreciate the comments about cleanliness, staffing and overall accommodations.

Please note that only five of our two hundred guest rooms are adjacent to the banquet space, and they are reserved specifically for guests of any banquets that may be scheduled.

Reviewed May 18, 2010

We stopped in Albany on the way up to Montreal for a night and I got a AAA discount on the Best Western. It's central enough though we didn't want to drive to Lark St. (which I had read about on here) so we took a cab. It was $14 each way which is expensive in my opinion. But we really didn't want to drink and drive. The room itself was fine. There was a little smokey smell but nothing terrible. The bathroom was very clean. I didn't notice thin walls but maybe it was a quiet night. The staff was friendly enough - check in and check out went smoothly. They also called us a cab to go out. Breakfast was decent enough - nothing fantastic but it does the job and it's complimentary. We were right across from the SUNY campus which was cool. And we saw some great jazz at Justin's on Lark St. I would greatly recommend it - great atmosphere and good food/drink. The rest of the bars on Lark that we passed were loud and had a college aged vibe to them (which is fine if that's what you're going for but we wanted something a little more tame). Overall the hotel was fine enough. Nothing fancy, just your standard Best Western.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 28, 2010

Was travelling through the area and having stayed at another Best Western I really liked, I thought this would be a safe bet. It's also just off the highway. Stayed in a king size room, bed was quite comfortable and the room clean. Check in was easy and front desk staff volunteered that there was a full breakfast until 10am.

830 I woke up to the sound of people yelling outside my door. Stuck my head out the door to discover it was the maids. Tried to go back to sleep but just before 9am i heard knocking - room service. Clearly I was not meant to sleep in. Just before 10, knock knock knock - room service. You got to be kidding me. Considering a 1200 check out time, this was a bit ridiculous.

So I showed up at the dining room at 10am and sure enough, there was nothing left. I mentioned this while checking out and was offered an apology. I thought no problem, I'll just find the closest Cracker Barrel or Bob Evans. No Bob Evans anywhere close by and the closest Cracker Barrel is 2.5 hours away in Syracuse.

Overall I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo