“Great Service, Great Value”

Best Western Sovereign Hotel - Albany
Ranked #32 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Reviewed September 14, 2013

I stay at this hotel when I work in Albany, and have for many years. There have been many upgrades to the hotel inside and out. It's not fancy but it's comfortable. It's the people that keep me coming back. I've know some of the staff since 1999. Good rates, especially on the website.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Robert D
jareddemo1, Manager at Best Western Sovereign Hotel - Albany, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Robert, On behalf of our entire staff, thank you for calling the Best Western Sovereign your home away from home. We truly cherish the relationship we have with you and we look forward to your arrival every week! If there is anything we can do for you never hesitate to ask!

At your service,
Jared DeMagistris
Director of Hotel Operations

Write a ReviewReviews (1,017)

Reviewed September 14, 2013

We stayed in the Best Western Sovereign Inn as we traveled East. There was one problem in the bathroom which the staff quickly resolved, Also there was a group of college age baseball players staying in the same hotel and we wondered if it would be noisy. However there was absolutely no noise and we weren't disturbed at all. The breakfast, included in the price, was one of the best ever in a hotel (other than a large resort or convention hotel). Big variety of items, both hot and cold. We were satisfied enough that when we were returning West, we called and booked the same hotel a second time. Results were even better with no issues whatsoever and the same quality breakfast. And oh yes, if you are a Best Western Rewards Club member each person in the room will get a large cookie of your choice and a bottle of water! We would stay there again if we were in the area.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank cthamburg
Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

Excellent place to stay! Personnel were VERY friendly & anxious to help. Complementary breakfast was AWESOME. Room was very clean & decorated in a comforting atmosphere. Would stay again. Actually....can't beat a Best Western.

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank Boyzmema
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I checked in and at first was very pleased. Room large and smelled fresh. Beds very comfortable. My problem came after being in the room a little bit when I went to take a shower. There was a giant dirty soap bar right in the tub. To the desks credit they did offer to move me and when I just wanted to leave the woman did give me a full refund without issue. I didn't trust being there and went through a whole ordeal finding another hotel. I was very annoyed!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank jvmburlington
jareddemo1, Manager at Best Western Sovereign Hotel - Albany, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

JVM, First and foremost I would like to apologize for the condition of the bathroom your encountered when you checked in. This is unacceptable by all means and I will be sure to take this occurrence to retrain my staff to be sure this does not happened again! I am very glad the staff helped you to the best of their ability. On your next visit I do hope you give us a chance to show you we have learned from our mistakes.

Safe travels,

Jared DeMagistris
Director of Hotel Operations

Reviewed September 5, 2013

I selected this hotel for it's location close to the Crossgates Mall. The mall was located just down the street from the hotel. The hotel staff was very helpful at check in and made sure it was painless and quick. Our room was decent and more than adequate for our needs. Internet was easy to access and and fast. Our night was quiet and the next morning we had a good breakfast that was included. We had a good choice of eggs, waffles, fruit, cereal, toast, juice, and coffee (plus more). I would definitely recommend this hotel to my friends.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Great place to stay with the kids. The location was in the middle of everything. Had a nice pool, sauna and fitness center. The Complementary breakfast was great, eggs sausages, waffles toast, bagels etc... I would stay there again .

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This hotel has a great location not too far from the I-90. You can tell this is an older hotel but the rooms are still clean. The mini fridge and microwave in the room are an added plus. The staff is very friendly and you are minutes away from restaurants and shopping. The breakfast is definitely better than most hotels' hot breakfasts.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business