All reviews fire pit mon wed full kitchen free dinner basketball court parking lot the cheesecake factory wine and beer home away from home an extended stay favorite hotel colonie center whole foods breakfast and dinner complimentary breakfast laundry room living room
Reviewed January 27, 2018

Had to go to Albany for one night. Got a great rate at Staybridge. Attractive lobby area. Friendly staff. Very nice good size room with very comfortable bed. There are full kitchen faciliites. Complementary dinner provided Mon-Wed. Had full ribs dinner with sides. Wine, etc. Excellent complementary breakfast in the morning. Only complaint is they could have used fabric softener on towels. Good location near shops and restaurants. I would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: January 2018
Michael P, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Albany Wolf Rd-Colonie Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2018

Steven T,

Thank you for staying with us at the Staybridge Suites Albany. We’re glad to have provided you with a great room with great amenities. It’s nice hearing how much you liked our evening social. I have also taken note about the towels; our Housekeeping Manager assures me that we are using fabric softener, but we will make sure that the right amounts are being used. Again, we thank you for the feedback and hope to see you again.

Reviewed January 26, 2018 via mobile

This hotel and staff is excellent!! I have stayed here several times which have all been extended stays. I will continue to stay here and enjoy all of the wonderful amenities! The breakfast offer are a great start to the day! The pool and spa are clean and well maintained! Social dinners are Mon-Wednesday and offer a great choices for a nice meal! The free laundry facility is a wonderful amenitity for those extended stays! Equipment is clean and maintained for every use! The fitness room offers lots of options for those that are fit conscious or just want to de -stress with activity! If you need anything at all just ask and the wonderful staff will work hard to satisfy your needs!

Trip type: Traveled on business
Michael P, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Albany Wolf Rd-Colonie Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2018

Hello,

Thank you for staying with us at the Staybridge Suites Albany. We’re so happy to hear that you have stayed with us multiple times and that we have provided you with a consistently wonderful stay every visit. It’s great to know that our complimentary meals, laundry facility, pool and hot tub area, and our fitness center have been great during your stays. We thank you for the review and hope to see you again.

Reviewed January 24, 2018

I recently went upstate for work travel, along with several members of my Agency. My room was reserved by another employee who confirmed to me that the rooms were still confirmed to her up until the moment I walked into the hotel. My co-worker met me in the lobby and told me that she'd just checked in but that my room was no longer available. The counter clerk informed me that my reservation had been forwarded to the Holiday Inn Express as the hotel was fully booked. The Holiday Inn Express is a bit of a distance away for a non-driver. I was offered dinner and a shuttle to the next hotel. LOL! The atrocity. So instead of enjoying my first experience at Staybridge Suites, I was off to a hotel that I had not booked nor agreed to be booked at.
SMH...
I wasn't even offered a free night at another time due to the mix-up.
So I guess the "2" stars go towards my stay in the dining area, since I never made it into an actual room.
By the way the lobby and dining facility are very nice.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank GovBee123
Tim S, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Albany Wolf Rd-Colonie Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2018

Good Morning GovBee123,

My deepest apologies for the situation you experienced with us. As your first experience with us, or any for that matter, the last thing we want is to not be able to accommodate our guests. While hotels always do their best to monitor inventory, unexpected situations, similar to what happened the night you were due to arrive, can cause a situation such as this and unfortunately we understand that there is very little we can do can make up for having to be shifted to another hotel. I do, at the very least, hope that our shuttle accommodations to and from and complimentary room at the other property provided you with some peace of mind that we do truly value you as our guest and that we did attempt to make the situation as pleasant as we could given the circumstances.

Again, I hope you will accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience and I would love the opportunity to reach out and discuss it with you more personally if possible. I can be reached at 518-438-3300, ext 7151. I would love the opportunity to make it up to you and your coworker and to see that you get the overnight stay you were hoping for the next time around.

Thank you for your feedback and I look forward to hearing from you.
Tim

Reviewed January 21, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I was in the area for a quick getaway. This was our first time at this hotel and it was very nice. Michael at the front desk was pleasant and professional. Room was very nice, clean, and modern. They are a very energy conscious hotel as u need a room key to control some of the lights. Good idea.
Hotel right next to the Colonie Center mall which you can walk to in under 5 minutes across the parking lot. We did not get to try breakfast as we had to leave early due to a family medical issue. But I’m sure it would have been good. I would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Mark S,

Thank you for leaving feedback for the Staybridge Suites Albany. I’m so happy to hear that you and your wife enjoyed your mini-vacation with us. Hopefully, the next time that you stay with us you can enjoy our breakfast. We thank you for your feedback and hope to see you again.

Reviewed December 29, 2017 via mobile

The room was a great size and very clean. The breakfast options were great and the staff very friendly. It is in a great location next to a shopping mall, lots of restaurants and easy to get to from the highway. I would stay again

Date of stay: December 2017