All reviewsfront deskroom was cleanwashington avenuehilton gardenparking garagenice hotelpool and hot tubeasy accessconvenient locationexcellent staybusiness tripbusiness centerpleasant staystayed one nightfitness centerwafflesfree breakfast
Reviewed November 11, 2017

The room was clean and in great condition. Great TV. Especially nice bathroom. The breakfast was the standard fare, with some nice freshly cut fruit salad being the highlight. Staff were very friendly and helpful. The only minor annoyance was that just one of the two elevators was functioning. I used the stairs.

Room Tip: Not sure why a higher floor would be of interest. Nothing to see in this area.
  • Stayed: November 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed November 11, 2017 via mobile

Let me first say that I love the Hilton brand and I'm even an honors member. However, we have has nothing but problems during our stay. First, we had a big stain in our original room so we were moved to another (We were comped breakfast). However, when we went to report the stain in our room, the person ahead of us in line complained about the same issue. In the new room, we had a bunch of flies and other bugs. We reported that too and maintenance came with bug spray. The worst part was that they apparently turned off the in-room refrigerators but don't tell you this ahead of time. My husband and I went out for an expensive dinner and put the leftovers in the fridge. Our fridge now stinks thanks to the wasted food. I've never had so many problems beofr during a hotel stay and I'm frankly over it. I understand that flies can't really be controlled and the stains aren't that big of a deal, but our loss of a meal due to neglecting to tell us about the fridge temperature being turned down is unacceptable. Although we were offered another free breakfast and a free night, we're not ever staying here again.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank purplegal12
HGIAlbanySUNYGenMgr, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Albany / SUNY Area, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2017

Dear purplegal12,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback and thank you for being a Hilton Honors member. We would like to apologize for the issues you encountered during your visit. Please know that we will be sure to share your feedback with our staff to improve our operations and make a special note for our staff to check that refrigerators have not been turned down or unplugged by previous guests. We are saddened to hear that you were unable to enjoy your meal due to an error on our part and we would like to express our deepest apologies. If there is anything you would like to discuss or any additional feedback you have for us please do not hesitate to contact a member of management at the hotel directly. Again, please accept our apologies for the issues you experienced during your visit.

HGI Albany/SUNY GM

Reviewed November 11, 2017

My wife and I stayed overnight on business. The hotel was nice and the staff were very helpful. We had one small problem that was quickly addressed by the staff. The location was very convenient for us and we would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed November 6, 2017 via mobile

I love HGI and I consider them a safe bet. This was needs a good deep cleaning or remodeling.

The lobby is nice, our room was not. The tub didn’t drain properly and looked bad enough I decided to skip my son’s nightly bath.

The pool area was bad. Chocolate wrappers on floor (the Andes from the desk) and the jacuzzi has some kind of paper and strings floating in it. I only realized after I was half way in :-(

I usually stay at a different hotel same strip (my husband works nearby and we visit a lot) so I’m going to stick with that hotel from here on out. In general, this chain is a favorite but not this particular one!

Stayed: November 2017, traveled with family
HGIAlbanySUNYGenMgr, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Albany / SUNY Area, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2017

Dear teachersms,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to our hotel. We apologize that the experience you had was not as expected. We pride ourselves on providing the highest standard of service and cleanliness and are disappointed that you found the hotel at anything below that. We will share your feedback with our staff to improve our operations. Thank you again for taking the time to share your thoughts. We hope you will give us another opportunity to show you what a great hotel we are.

Best,

HGI Albany/SUNY GM

Reviewed November 1, 2017 via mobile

My friend and I stayed here as we were in our best friends wedding and was very close to the venue. Parking lot was not labeled very well and we ended up driving around the block with some confusion before we found it. Staff was very nice in explanation of parking validation. The hotel itself is beautiful. I wasn't terribly impressed by the size of the room or bathroom for this being the Hilton. The room, however, was very clean for both nights we stayed. The pillows are actually very nice to sleep and the bed decently comfortable. I was disappointed by the breakfast not being included in the price of the room as most upscale hotels I've stayed at have offered. Overall was a good experience.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with friends