Hilton Garden Inn Albany / SUNY Area
Ranked #9 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Brooklyn, NY, United States
“?”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

After I checked out I realized I had left my phone in the room I immediately called the called the hotel. I was grateful to hear that in the short time that had elapsed my phone had already been delivered to the manager. When I arrived back at the hotel I inquired whether the food that i left in the refrigerator was still there. The manager immediately sent someone to retrieve it. I was treated with the utmost of cordiality and many thanks to the Manager and her staff.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Plymouth Meeting, United States
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Hotel is gorgeous and very clean. The bar is a little disappointing and there is no breakfast offered for that price! The bed was like sleeping on a cinder block. Apparently they are adjustable but no one bothered to tell us that.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Lagos, Nigeria
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Anytime I'm in the area I always stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Albany/Suny Area. The staff are friendly, the ambiance is right, the food is good and the rooms are clean. I've been a guest there since 2009 and I've never had a bad experience there.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Derry, United States
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I think you will be pleasantly surprised at how well this hotel was maintained, and how friendly and helpful their staff is. It is also easy access to and from the highway as well as it is conveniently located to shopping, restaurants etc.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Halifax, Canada
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I was on a road trip and needed a place to crash for the night and this was a great find. The staff was great, and the room was very clean. It is close to the university and the interstate making it perfect for your stop in Albany.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I call this our "Headquater Hotel" when we stay in the Albany Area. Because of my affiliations to UAlbany we are guests here at least four times a year. Staff is always friendly, I have arrived as late as Midnight on some stays and as early as 9am on others and the staff always goes out of their way to accommodate our schedule. One of my preferred choice locations for any stay in the Capital District and my #1 spot when travels take me to the UAlbany campus. We will be back for homecoming weekend in October!

• Stayed April 2013
Gales Ferry, United States
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Morning check-out girl was not accomodating at all. Paid extra for breakfast which we woke up too late for and when asked for a refund for what we paid for breakfast we were told that it wasn't possible. Went down to front desk to get change to leave a tip for housekeeping...not even a smile, must have been a bad day for her.... Noise from someone above our room even though the hotel had few occupants noise lasted till late late at night! Right above my daughters cot! When there is little occupancy, you'd think they would know enough to stagger room occupancy to avoid this.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Nikki S, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Albany / SUNY Area, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Michelle,

I am so sorry to hear about your experience while checking out at our front desk. I can assure you that it is not standard to find someone at our hotel who is rude or unhelpful as we strive to ensure our front desk agents and other team members know how much we value your business. I apologize for any issues you had and welcome you to visit our hotel again the next time you are in the area so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your satisfaction.

Nikki S.