“Check in friendly check-out opposite!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Albany / SUNY Area

Hilton Garden Inn Albany / SUNY Area
Ranked #8 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Gales Ferry, United States
“Check in friendly check-out opposite!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

Morning check-out girl was not accomodating at all. Paid extra for breakfast which we woke up too late for and when asked for a refund for what we paid for breakfast we were told that it wasn't possible. Went down to front desk to get change to leave a tip for housekeeping...not even a smile, must have been a bad day for her.... Noise from someone above our room even though the hotel had few occupants noise lasted till late late at night! Right above my daughters cot! When there is little occupancy, you'd think they would know enough to stagger room occupancy to avoid this.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Nikki S, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Albany / SUNY Area, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Michelle,

I am so sorry to hear about your experience while checking out at our front desk. I can assure you that it is not standard to find someone at our hotel who is rude or unhelpful as we strive to ensure our front desk agents and other team members know how much we value your business. I apologize for any issues you had and welcome you to visit our hotel again the next time you are in the area so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your satisfaction.

Nikki S.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Brooklyn, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

Traveling for work is not always pleasant, but when I come to Albany I actually always look forward to staying at this hotel because it is clean, staff is very friendly, and they really take care of you. There is always complimentary coffee and tea available in the lobby with a selection of cookies, and breakfast is great.
Great experience overall.

Room Tip: Ask to be further away from elevators and ice/vending, and from I-90 to avoid the dings of elevator...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

We had reserved a room 2 months in advance with Expedia. When we arrived they gave us a room for handicaped people. I thought it was strange so i asked them why and they told me it was because we had booked with expedia ??? If someone who was handicaped would have showed up later, what would have happen. It was a weird experience and a first for me in 30 years of booking hotels. Beds were hard and weird looking. Shower with a bench and no doors. I understand that but it was not practical for us. Front desk had no smiles and looked confused. Next time i will stay at the Holiday inn Suny wich was much better even if it was a little more expensive. Now I know.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Nikki S, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Albany / SUNY Area, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
I appreciate your candid review of your recent stay at our property. I apologize for the room assignment not meeting your expectations as comfort and safety are of highest priority for our guests. While room type requests cannot be met every time, I have reviewed your comments with our front desk team in an attempt to prevent similar situations moving forward. I invite you to stay with us the next time your travels bring you to the area so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your satisfaction.
Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

I travel to Albany on business often and always stay at the Hilton Garden Inn/SUNY. Super fast check in and acknowledgement of Hilton Honors status. I was upgraded to a huge King Suite which I had never seen before at this location. 1.5 bathrooms, separate bedroom, jacuzzi tub...didn't really use any of it, but appreciated the upgrade experience. One of the quietest hotels I have ever stayed in, and that's huge with me (the area is not quiet in general). Breakfast buffet is more than adequate although the made-to-order omelet was a little tasteless. Parking is a little tight when fully booked, and the adjacent sleezy hotel is a little disconcerting, but Hilton Garden Inn/SUNY is my "go to" place when in Albany for business.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hi Paul! Thank you so much for your kind words, and for your loyalty! It is really our pleasure to have you as our guest. See you next time!
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

superb hotel, room,and staff with excellent location at a reasonable price. Excellent handicap services. Personal touch shown by availability of cookies, fruit and coffee etc in the lobby. I do not understand the requirement by trip advisor to require 200 characters for this summary.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for staying with us during your trip to Albany, and for taking the time to give us a great review! We hope to see you again!
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

I stayed here twice, once during an extremely busy period when the entire hotel was full for 3 days straight. Despite the very high occupancy, room cleanliness and service was very good. Breakfast was well above average (including very nice breakfast specials), and even their dinner menu was quite good. The location is a little bit out of town centre, and requires a car/taxi to get downtown, but very convenient for the SUNY campus.

I was in one of the whirlpool suites, which had an absolutely fantastic whirlpool bath. Service from the front desk was always cheerful, and they even remembered me when I returned 4 months after my first visit.

It only misses the 5-star rating because it simply lacks the luxury comforts that upscale brands might provide. However if you're looking for a comfortable business hotel, this would certainly be high on my list, and I would happily return.

Room Tip: Go for one of the whirlpool suites. The cost to upgrade is minimal if you get a good rate, but they...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We are so glad you enjoyed your suite and our restaurant during your trip here. Please come see us for a third visit!
mystic, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel for the last 3 years for our yearly Saratoga race track weekend and love every aspect of it. It if very family friendly and easy to get to. There are many restaurants in the area that they recommended and they were right on for the selections.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Hi Sandra! We are so glad that you enjoyed your visit here for your trip to the track. Please come see us again!