“Great location in Albany”

Hilton Garden Inn Albany Medical Center
Ranked #6 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Columbus, Ohio
“Great location in Albany”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

This hotel was the perfect location to see Albany. It is close to the medical center, university and downtown attractions. The hotel was very clean and located next to several restaurants in addition to pharmacy for last minute items. It was a quick drive to local movie theatre as well as indoor mall. In addition to that it was close to downtown where I went to visit the State Museum of New York and the state capitol building. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank VeeLou510

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Excellent hotel. Nice people and clean rooms.

The location is near the Medical Center. I found many professional people staying there on business.

Nice business center where internet access is available with up to date Computers and printers for your convenience.

Room Tip: Be on guard for transients that hit you up for money in the parking lot. Not hostile but they can g...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Rochester, NY, United States
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I work for a Hampton Inn so I was able to use my employee discount for this stay. I was being certified to be a spinning instructor at a nearby YMCA and the location of this hotel was perfect! I was able to find the YMCA without any troubles. My check in was speedy but I still felt welcomed. There is complementary flavored water and cookies at night and a very nice coffee bar in the morning. The room was nice, clean, and spacious. The Starbucks downstairs even came in handy for getting last minute lunches/snacks for my training that day which was from 8am-5pm. The pool and fitness room were great as well. Before we left on Sunday we also enjoyed a nice breakfast. The only improvements that I can think of would be to update the showers a little bit (tile was scratched) and get firmer pillows - But that is just me being picky. We also really loved the express check out where they slide your receipt under the door. Overall great stay and great hotel!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Maureen O
exeter, United States
Reviewed July 31, 2013

very clean hotel, great beds, nice staff, very quiet room and great security. The restaurant was great. Great restaurants and stores within walking distant, loved that I never had to use my car again until I left.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Ellicott City, United States
Reviewed July 30, 2013

This hotel is one of the cleanest I have ever stayed in, including 4 and 5 star hotels! Rates were very reasonable. There are not a lot of restaurant options within walking distance, but the restaurant in the hotel was excellent, and not very expensive (sports bar atmosphere).

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Alburg, VT, United States
Reviewed July 30, 2013

This is an excellent place to stay for an extended period of time. The room amenities- coffee maker and microwave allow one to avoid eating out every meal. The bathroom products are high quality so that you do not to bring them from home. Check-out is fast, easy, and no fuss.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Lakewood Ranch, Florida
Reviewed July 28, 2013

My family and I had a great experience at this Hilton Garden Inn! The staff at the front desk were very friendly and helpful when we checked in. When we walked into our room it looked squared away and inviting. We had two double beds and a spacious room. Our TV had some kind of gaming system that the kids loved (This was an additional charge but, worth the money). The bathroom was nothing to write home about but it worked for our one night stay. The amenities that the hotel offered were very nice including a good size indoor pool, a hot tub with jets and a small workout room. The hotel had a Recovery Room associated with it which our family ate at one night and rather enjoyed it. There is also a little arcade in the restaurant. The morning we were there we went to have breakfast that the hotel offers. This breakfast was great. A great selection of food and well made. All of that food included in our stay. We would go back to this hotel in a heart beat.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family