“The Problem”

Ramada Plaza Albany
Ranked #38 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I had a great stay at this hotel. I was please to have a small kitchen/dinette in the room. The pool was great and the morning meal good. the bed is comfortable. The only ploblem I had was when I got home and for some reason, Melissa put her name on the back of the card and my wife got up-set. Melissa had nothing to do with my stay. She just got behind the front desk when I was checking out. She should have asked if she can put her name on the card when she know I was married and my wife was not with me.

Room Tip: the forth floor facing north is great. a good view
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank William L
Jeffrey C, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Albany, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2012

We apologize, staff always trys to accommadate every guests requests. I have asked them not to ever make it personal! Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed April 19, 2012

After an unpleasant stay at an upstate Days Inn, this hotel was a welcome relief. My handicapped husband was satisfied with the accommodations and found the room to be very accessible. Melissa, at the front desk, was very helpful and extremely professional. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank wonderwoman9567

Thank you for your brand loyalty, we appreciate your buisiness and always enjoy hearing your feedback.

Reviewed April 10, 2012

We recently held a three day conference with over 200 attendees at the Ramada Plaza Albany and everyone was impressed with the customer service. The food was awesome too and the rooms were clean and comfy.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank happywanderer333

As we near the completion of our renovations we appreciate all feedback from our guests.
Thank you for choosing Ramada Plaza Albany, NY

Reviewed March 19, 2012

The wallpaper had torn back in my daughters room and you could see the mold. This isnt something small. The bathtub had hot water running not tripping but running when I called down they told me there was nothing they could do about it. I had to turn on the AC because it was so damp in my room. NEVER AGAIN!!!! We where told we could use the shuttle and then when it was time for us to head out we where told they could not take us until an hour into our event. Even thou we asked when checking in.

Room Tip: not the 8th floor!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank mary m
Jeffrey C, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Albany, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2012

My apologies!!! We are in the process of updating all of our rooms and we want to reasure our guests that any defects in our rooms are being addressed. We take great pride in our guest's comfort in their rooms and we are working diligently to finish any issues. We offer a free complimentary shuttle and is based on availability. Our staff should never make promises that they do not have complete control of and we are addressing that.

Reviewed March 12, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for my mother birtday party family was very impressed everything was clean and food was great, I will be back again!!!!And staff was Great and very help!!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank tyrell M

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are working hard to improve every aspect of our property and appreciate the acknowledgement of our progress.

Reviewed March 7, 2012

The hotel was clean. The staff was helpful. I would avoid breathing through your nose if you find yourself in the loungs area of the resturant, however. It smelled a little funky and the resturant staff was either completely unattentive or annoyingly (and presumptiously) trying to be way too helpful. The shuttle service was great and other than the afore mentioned resturant issues, everything was wonderful. Would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Smoking is available on the top floor of the hotel. Make sure to request this if you want a smoking...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank James B
Reviewed February 28, 2012

Other than the hole that was in our window (..looked like a gunshot but was told it was "warping" due to the cold weather they get. I have been in a lot of hotels for hockey in very cold areas and have never seen this.) It was clean.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your review. we will address all of our guests concerns in order to maintain the satisfaction level desired by our customers!