“I Have To Atone For A Previous Review”

Ramada Plaza Albany
Ranked #37 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Reviewed October 21, 2011

A little over a year ago I wrote a scathing review - I stay there for 2-3 days every fall and spring. And I have done that for over ten years - when they were a Quality Inn, a Clarion, and finally the Ramada Plaza. I have watched (and experienced) many changes, and most were for the worst. However - I spent 3 nights there last week, and things have certainly changed in a positive direction. There are still some issues with the "bath fitter" liners in some rooms. You will get seasick taking a shower as the bath floor wobbles because there is water underneath. I think they are being replaced. Matresses have been replaced in most rooms, and are very comfy. Cosmetic improvements around the property, from landscaping to carpeting, are a big plus. Larry, the bartender, continues to be a major asset. He has been there for 17 years and they should never let him retire! The restaurant menu has changed, and that means the service is faster, and the food is not gourmet, but certainly pretty good. The biggest change is the front desk staff - they are very friendly and accommodating. Also, the "homeless" person from my last two stays appears to be gone. My kudos to manager Jared! Keep up the good work!

Room Tip: Do not book a room in the back annex - no elevator to the 2nd floor for luggage.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank optix10
JaredD424, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Albany, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2011

To our loyal guest,

First I would like to thank you for continuing your loyalty to our hotel throughout the years! I know your experienced all the hotel has to offer in your travels and your feedback is the kind that means the most to me. We have made a lot of upgrades since the beginning of the year and have a lot more planned! We are currently working on the tub issue you experienced and if there is any other improvements you might think we need please feel free to contact me at the hotel! I will be sure to tell Larry to keep up the great work. We cant wait to see you on your next trip into Albany. Travel safe!

Jared DeMagistris

Reviewed October 19, 2011

Stayed over for three nights on business. Service was great and the hotel was super clean. My maid service was spectacular. I do business in Albany a lot and I will be back at.the ramada on my next trip out.

1  Thank BIGRANDY5
Reviewed October 16, 2011

Great hotel for the price. Close to shopping and local sites. Would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 16, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the ramada plaza in Albany on October 5th for three nights as we were in town for a wedding. We also got to spend some time sightseeing in the city as well. October is a great time to visit the area as the leaves are changing and autumn is in full bloom. The hotel is decorated in autumn fashion as well. The rooms were spacious and clean. We also got a great deal as we were traveling in a group. The breakfast buffet was amazing and we got to enjoy the indoor pool each day as well. The ramada plaza will be the only place our family stays anytime we are in the area as the customer service was great. It defiantly gives the hotel a finished touch. Thanks ramada see you soon!

Reviewed October 12, 2011

My fiancé and I stayed at the Albany Ramada for a long weekend to take in the sights of the changing leaves. The Albany area and surrounding areas are truly breath taking during the fall. We stay at the Ramada every year. This year we were in for a real treat. When we arrived we found out that the rooms were all upgraded to Flat Screen TVs and new pillow top mattresses! They were so comfy! We traveled all weekend to Orchards and Hiking trails as well as local farmers markets. It was very nice to come back to an amazingly comfy bed! The rooms were super clean every day. The staff was very attentive to all our needs. The desk staff helped us with any directional information we needed as well as some great tips on where to go throughout the weekend. We will continue to travel to the Albany area every year and we will always stay at the Ramada Plaza in Albany!

PS. Great hot breakfast buffet too! Saved so much money eating in instead of going out for breakfast every day!

2  Thank xyouji
Reviewed October 12, 2011

The hotel is a great hotel for a great price. The hotel staff is both friendly and helpful; they were very accommodating to my needs both in and out of the hotel. The room was very nice, and very clean. I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family, and would certainly stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Abbey F
Reviewed October 10, 2011

Booked late by phone due to last minute change in plans. The price was very reasonable and we were happy with the value of the price and hotel. The staff was great. They offered a full hot Buffett for breakfast which was good. Desk helped us with all the direction questions we had. Great comfy new beds! We will be back when we are in Albany.

3  Thank Nastynate11
JaredD424, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Albany, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2011

Thank you for your kind review of our property and staff. I am glad we could accomodate you on such notice! Our staff works very hard to create a comfortable and enjoyable experience. We look forward to getting the chance to serve you again! Travel safe!

Jared DeMagistris