“Very Pleasant”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Albany
Ranked #2 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We stopped here on our way to Vermont, and it was a nice rest stop. The hotel was clean, friendly, and well laid out. We rented a suite, my wife, myself, my son, and his friend. The suite was great with the two kids. And, they served an excellent free breakfast! On the way back from Vermont, I stayed at a cheaper place and regretted it. It just wasn't as nicely kept up and decorated, and the lay out was not as nice. And, once one factored in the free breakfast, it wasn't that much cheaper. We used the pool, here, too, and it was nice. I also used the exercise room which wasn't big, but average to other nice hotels.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
hstraughter, Owner at Homewood Suites by Hilton Albany, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

We are so pleased that you stayed with us and we hope that you will visit us again! We try to make each guest's stay as perfect as possible whether you are with us for one night or 3 months! Thank you for the 5 star review!

Reviewed July 15, 2013

I was completely impressed with this hotel. Everything was excellent from the suite, pool/whirlpool, complimentary breakfast, courtyard etc. The free breakfast was excellent and had a large selection. The outdoor courtyard was beautiful and offered free barbeque. The room was wonderful. The bed was very comfortable and having a kitchen was an added bonus. They even leave microwave popcorn in your room for you (since you also have a microwave). The staff were professional, efficient, and friendly. I will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: I prefer the highest floor but that is just my personal preference. You really can't go wrong w...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

We are so pleased that we exceeded your expectations - that is always our goal! Thank you for the 5 star review and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit!

Reviewed July 15, 2013

This is a great option for anyone staying out on Wolf Road in Albany. I usually work closer to downtown, but would probably stay here again just because it has great amenities and the rooms are really spacious.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you so much for your review! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences with others.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

breakfast was sublime. staff were sooooo friendly. the rooms were well apointed. next time i think i will try and go for a slightly better view as my view was pretty avwrage. really well located, close to the big malls. this place had it all. we have already booked in for same time next year.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

We are so thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and already booked for next time! Thank you so much!

Reviewed July 14, 2013

I spent a week there on business. It was great. Clean, comfortable room with all the extras: full kitchen, free WiFI, king bed, large shower, plus free breakfast and dinner. Did not have to move the car. If you want a local restaurant, there is a free shuttle to most of the popular ones. Lobby has stuffed armchairs and free paper every day. Large flat TV on the wall to show weather, news, sports, etc. Every staff member was pleasant and helpful. Will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Near the elevator would be good.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much the 5 star rating! We are thrilled you enjoyed your time with us. Our employees all work hard to make each guest feel as close to home as possible! Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed July 14, 2013

At first glance this hotel seems like your average night-stay hotel. At second glance, you begin to see all of the extras including well laid out room/floor plans, room service, generous pool and fitness center area, and perhaps one of the best complementary breakfast offerings I have ever had. In addition, the entire staff is of the highest level of presentation and professionalism.

Perhaps the best part of all is how little outside sound could be heard inside your room. I find exterior noise in your room is often overlooked as a concern but quickly becomes a major one once experienced.

In short, you will not be disappointed by your stay at this establishment.

• Stayed: July 2013

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and are so happy you had such a positive stay! We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed July 13, 2013

After spending many weekends in the Albany area, we recently decided to check into this Homewood Suites for the first time. I'm glad I did. This is a very pleasant hotel.

The hotel is nicely located on Wolf Rd. with a tremendous selection of eateries in the area and a short drive to Colonie and Crossgates malls. The airport is just a short distance away. Siena College, Suny Albany, and others are just a few minutes away.

As other reviewers have noted, in Saratoga, it can be tough to find a vacancy during high season. With quick access to the Northway, you can be up to 13N in about 30 minutes. I had a very quick drive one morning for a round of golf at the state park.

My wife and I are partial to Hilton establishments, but we have typically stayed at other Hilton locations for the slightly more moderate price. This time we grabbed a good rate for this place during a combined trip to Siena College and Saratoga Springs. You may pay a slightly higher rate for this hotel over the other budget brands, but it is well worth it.

The hotel lobby is clean and quiet. The staff is very pleasant and helpful.
The room was large, clean, and quiet with no outside noise for being so close to everything.
We stayed in a deluxe king with a sofa bed. The bed was comfortable and my teenager had no complaints about the sofa. The bathroom was clean, shower was excellent. One minor inconvenience is the bathroom vanity, sink, mirror area is open and adjacent to the sleeping area. If your up before others, this can be a bit disturbing to those still sleeping.

The complimentary breakfast and dinners are a bonus. The seating area is spacious. I would say the food is your typical complimentary fare; good, not great. They do serve Starbucks if your into that.

I didn't use the fitness area this trip,but it looked well equipped. I won't hesitate to use it the next time I visit.

It's a fairly large hotel. The hallways were a bit maze like if your room is tucked away in the back.

Overall, it is great place to stay. I enjoyed it over other places in the area and I have been to several. We definitely will return as we have already made our reservation for graduation weekend 2014.
I would highly recommend it if you find yourself in the area visiting schools, AAU tournaments, or can't find a room up North.

Room Tip: Ask for something not too far from an elevator
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank FrankPL925

Thank you for the detailed review and taking the time to share details of your stay with us! We are happy you prefer us over other hotels and look forward to your return in 2014!