“Feels like home!”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Albany
Ranked #3 of 50 Hotels in Albany
“Feels like home!”
Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I are staying at the Homewood Suites for business . Let me say this is the nicest cleanest hotel I have ever stayed in. The attention to detail is amazing. Nothing is too small. Each and every person connected with this hotel has been nothing but kind , helpful and just makes you feel welcolme ! Rooms are spotless. I took the complementary shuttle to do some shopping and that was prompt and friendly as well. The complimentary breakfast buffet and dinner buffet each day was wonderful. I wish all hotels could be trained by this one! Truly felt welcomed and at home here ! I will look for Homewood Suites wherever I travel from now on.

• Stayed October 2012
HomewoodAlbany, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Albany, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
I'm so glad that you and your husband enjoy our hotel so much. That's the way it's supposed to be! Thanks for the great review. We appreciate it.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Amazing hotel. Nothing bad to say. Coming from Montreal we stopped in Albany on our way to a long weekend in New York City. Smartest choice we could have made. Kids took advantage of the pool. Breakfast was included. Hotel rooms were spacious and clean.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
HomewoodAlbany, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Albany, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
I know if you read my responses, you'll notice I say "thank you for the great review" quite often. Please believe me when I say that we truly mean it with all sincerity. We are grateful for your kind words and moreso that we had the opportunity to accommodate you. So, thank you very much.
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We have stayed in several Homewood Suites and this was by far the best ever. The property was immaculate and spacious with a thermostat in each room and no noisy heating and cooling units under the windows. The staff were very friendly and accomodating and the meals were excellent. How they were able to do eggs "over easy" for a breakfast crowd is beyond me and the steak we had in the evening was done perfectly medium rare to medium and could be cut with a butter knife.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
A heartfelt thank you goes out to you. We feel we do try and go the "extra mile" and fried eggs on our breakfast buffet, as well as grilled steaks for dinner are just a small example of what we do everyday. We appreciate your nice review and can't wait to see you again.
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Reviewed October 15, 2012

If you need to go to the Albany area and want a spacious, clean suite for a good price go to Homewood Suites. My husband and I were visiting our 21 year old daughter who has a co-op position in the Albany area for the weekend. She stayed in our room for the weekend and all of us had plenty of space. All of the staff were friendly. We were on the first floor and the hotel had a great courtyard that we often cut through to the main lobby area. One of the workers even helped us find the football game my husband was looking for on the lobby TV.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for this review. I don't think you can go wrong no matter what type of suite you have...and we have plenty to choose from; Studios, One-Bedrooms, and Two-Bedrooms, each with either a king or two queen beds. You can't go wrong but I like the Studio's the best!
Clintondale, New York
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I have probably stayed at this hotel several dozen times, without fail this location consistently surpasses expectations. The rooms are very clean and spacious with a sitting, kitchen and bedroom area. Front desk, housekeeping and food service is excellent. The included breakfast and dinner is far superior to similar hotels. Breakfast has several hot offerings. In the evening complimentary beer and wine is available. Monday through Thursday there is one entree prepared on site with typical sides such as a potato or pasta and vegetable and salad. The rates may be a little more than average but the overall value is well worth it.

Room Tip: Book early the location is busy and favors long term occupancy. Parking is tight late at night.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
An awesome review from one of our awesome guests! I hope we see you dozens and dozens more times. Thank you!
Merriam
Reviewed October 14, 2012

This was the first time I was able to get into this hotel. I love Homewood anyhow so this was a very pleasant surprise. They post that they are an award winning property and I can see why. VERY clean, good staff, nice rooms and the evening meal was a cut above what some of the others serve. Excellent access to ALB airport which makes the early commute a piece of cake. I had to leave before breakfast but look forward to staying here again when I can give that a try as well. I can't find a reason in my mind to give them less than an "Excellent" rating.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you. This is a really great review of our hotel and our services. We are quite proud to be an "Award Winning" hotel and hope that we can call ourselves that for many years to come.
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
Reviewed October 9, 2012

This was our first stay at a Homewood Suites. We are HH members. Check-in was quick and easy. Staff very nice. Room clean and spacious. A bit of a long walk to our room. This is aa large hotel Breakfast more than adequate.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
HomewoodAlbany, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Albany, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thank you for an excellent review of your excellent stay. We couldn't be more pleased.